Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Anthony

Episode 11: Ship It

Hello, Backers!

Another documentary episode has been delivered from the geniuses at 2 Player Productions! Enjoy!

[vimeo]73389636[/vimeo]

The player doesn't work for me, doesn't play the video.

Seems like it decided to use the html5 one again, which had problems iirc. On vimeo directly it uses the flash player though...

How do I get to the direct vimeo link? I have forgotten how to internet.

Edit: Used chrome instead of firefox and it has worked.

I'm loving these extra-long episodes! That Peter McConnell stuff at the end was especially great. I've always been a fan of his work, and I can't wait to hear his final score when the game is complete.

A new episode and Psychonauts action figures on the same day? I couldn't love you any more than I do now, Double Fine.

Oh man, I'm so excited about the soundtrack now, it sounds amazing.

Also, Tim called me a pleasant fellow? *swoon*

Awesome episode! Great to see the game really coming together. I feel for Oliver and all the systems work for both Acts that has to be done by the January launch of Act 1. Ouch.

Waahhh, spoilers, i hate trying to avoid them in videos.

But hey, this wolf was interesting. The second reading was very good but the pitch too high (the first voice was better in this respect) so it didn't fit to the wolf anymore, at least a sleaze ball experienced wolf who might even advises/misuses you for his own intentions. Crossing my fingers for Oliver. I guess due to a lack of time the first part will be released for computer systems via Steam only? What i'm hoping is that there will be enough sales and therefore enough/more time for getting the initial shortcomings/bugs/glitches right/fixed for the full release in, let's say, 2014?!

I think slightly different about transparency, especially at a certain time (during MC's Kickstarter, they were submerging and ignoring questions which was lame) but it's a learning experience for both sides. I still wouldn't mind pledging some more for a final push, if needed, when there is information available about the scope of what's missing. If it can be done without this and it sells great, even better.

Here's a note for Greg:

Don't - make - it - too - short - , - Full - Throttle - is - definitely - too - short - !

Very interesting to watch Peter McConnell. I didn't understand why it's hard making music for something strange and foreign though. I hope that the final music won't sound too much after a mix from different earth cultures because whilst some instruments/sounds always work there are also others which can drag you out from an alien world because their references to those cultures are too strong/obvious.

Anyway, this was a very nice episode, thanks. It didn't feel long to me. It felt a bit *snief* at the end when everyone was walking away, like it all ended already. I wonder how all the material will fit on the DVD(s)/Blu-Ray(s).

Very nice. I really enjoyed the part on the music. Whether it is games or movies documentary. I always feel like this part is kinda so little in comparison to everything else. While SO important to make a movie or a game really great.

I hope we'll see more on that on later episodes really enjoyed it !

It's still months left, so I shouldn't get too excited, but I'm really looking forward to playing this game!

Nice to get some stuff on the audio. Interesting mix with the Finnish (kantele) and the African (kalimba, kora).

I love where lee says "This is just some quick black and white drawings" like it is nothing .... i would kill to have those pieces to be able to put in a game. Exponentially better than my chicken scratch pieces i code around.

And like usual Love the video keep on keepin on

This was packed with lots of content, I probably missed some stuff, so here are a few babbling comments after watching it once:

It was very nice seeing Tim react to forum responses, I mean we had his response here on the forum, but I like actually seeing the reaction and also that backers directly affect what's seen in the documentary.

The voice acting initial auditions process was interesting and provided good details. It feels like you guys are more confident in presenting content, realizing this info is not really going to spoil the game. Well done.

For the music part and the combination of different instruments from different cultures I'll just quote Peter from the first episode we saw him: very cool!

THANK YOU!

This episode was awesome. The game looks terrific!

:o HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT AFTER ITS ONLY BEEN AVAILABLE FOR 6 MINUTES??? O_O

I was totally engrossed in that episode.

I especially loved the music segment at the end.

I found myself nodding in agreement with Tim about the game not ending up being only two hours long but felt reassured by Gregs prediction that it will be at least 8 /10.

I'm so looking forward to this game.

A new episode and Psychonauts action figures on the same day? I couldn't love you any more than I do now, Double Fine.

Where?!

Really interesting segment that sort of hits just how complicated a big project like this gets, and it was really interesting to see the process of how the music is put together. I agree with Tim in the idea of avoiding things being to short, I want to get lost in a game for awhile so I can really connect with it, if it's over to fast I don't feel as if I had enough time to really get to care about the characters - no matter how polished and good it is.

Well. Looking back at a whole "scale up, need money" thing - I wouldn't mind you starting another kickstarter for more content really. I've chipped in with what, 20 bucks, and I've got myself amazing documentary about hurdles of (game development) croudfunding. Same goes for Early Access.

And that shitstorm wasn't THAT bad. People got a peek on what goes on, even though it was wrong perspective, and got Broken Age into news. It's not "bad PR" if source didn't get context figured out.

Somehow this episode took away some of my worries about the projet. I have a feeling things are finally getting up to speed.

Also this episode showed a lot of intresting processes that are going on. Can't wait for the next episode :-).

What? When did that happen?

Sign in to follow this