Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
buckysrevenge

MUST. HAVE. THESE.

Yeah, I saw these on Bagel's Twitter. Hopefully they are better quality than the Cave figures. The batch I got had paint errors and almost all of them would not stand up. I just keep them in the boxes now.

Oh, man, I hope we see these in the online shop soon. I'm so glad they're still making new Psychonauts merch. Aaaaaaa incredible, I want a little Raz to hang out on my desk while I work.

There's also a new red t-shirt with Raz on it, with art by Ashley Davis.

Mrs. Davis runs the "No Marios" blog on Tumblr, does the art for the "Legend of The Valkyrie" webcomic for Namco on Shiftylook, and is the wife of Borderlands 2/"Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?" writer Anthony Burch. She's one of my favorites, and her art is super adorable.

It's cool to still see something like this after all this time; my shelf lacks an Agent Cruller.

Hopefully some are still up for sale after PAX, it doesn't look like the online store has been quick to restock on Psychonauts merch.

.... Wait What!? How am I only seeing this now? Consider me very excited to purchase these. It also compels me to post some pics of my old creations -

p3dyeER.jpg

D25gdlm.jpg

gCJojV7.jpg

RuzZyCe.jpg

cVZlFb9.jpg

CyCTd15.jpg

xcLcamX.jpg

Those are extremely awesome, dangeROSS! How did you make those?

I haven't bought action figures since I was in my teens. I was tempted with the Futurama figures, but I wouldn't have played with them and I'm not a fan of decorative items, since I get stressed by having a lot of stuff that doesn't have a function. Now that I have kids though, I can buy it for them. I'd get to both regularly use the figures and get my kids indoctrinated with Psychonauts from early on in their lives. I hope they will be sold with a reasonable shipping alternative though, as stuff like DHL and UPS usually end up costing almost as much as the goods in addition to being crazy inconvenient.

Thanks Flesk. Those were all made quite a few years ago while I was in college. They are mostly made up from Marvel Legends Action Figures. I was into collecting them and customized quite a few. I mixed and matched parts, used Sculpey and model paint. Raz and the censor have since been lost to time. I still have Dogen around however.

I know exactly how you feel about not wanting many things around cluttering up areas. I feel I concentrate better with less stuff about. But gosh darn I love action figures even though they make no logical sense. I've stopped buying them and most of what remains of my collection is in storage in my basement. I feel I could make a special exception when it comes to something like this however.

That's right I forgot you live in Norway, right? I can only imagine how nuts shipping would be for some items. Would things like these still cost alot to send out to you?

Did you take art classes in college? It's a shame you lost those. Good thing you have the pictures at least.

Yes, I live in Norway. Shipping with USPS often isn't too expensive, but it's really hard to predict. It seems to depend a bit on where I buy stuff, so maybe the large companies like Amazon and eBay have some kind of deal with the postal services?

I was a Graphic Design/Studio art Major in college. I wish all of the figures I made survived. Especially Raz. I'll have to search around and see if I can find some of the other pics I took as well. Or do a new photoshoot with Dogen.

Do eBay and Amazon have their own branches in Norway, or is it just one big international venture with those kind of places? Eh, if our Congress has it's way our Postal service may not be around much longer. I've only had to ship things to Canada once and a while and it always surprised me how expensive even that could be.

I grabbed a couple of them this year at PAX. I really just wanted Raz and Boyd. First time I got two lilys'. Then i managed to trade one for a loboto, and someone kindly traded me my lily for their raz. Then i bought two more a few days later and got sasha and sheegor.

Still really want boyd, I tried to find some forums to trade loboto+sheegor for boyd, or even sasha too but was unsucessful. Hopefully they go on sale online, I'd even buy a full set.

RMRJ5af.jpg

Thanks Lyain.

I believe these are the last of the pictures I still have of the figures.

t0ruh3c.jpg

GZML9EM.jpg

G2S4XVO.jpg

X2ZAK0c.jpg

4vJYBZK.jpg

2Gkh7Oe.jpg

6tgULTK.jpg

Anyways, this thread is more about the new figures out rather then some old fan-made ones. I hope they put a full set on the Doublefine Store to buy. I'll grab those in a heartbeat.

MentalToast I am jealous that you already have these things.

.... Wait What!? How am I only seeing this now? Consider me very excited to purchase these. It also compels me to post some pics of my old creations

Poseable. Classy.

I grabbed a couple of them this year at PAX. I really just wanted Raz and Boyd. First time I got two lilys'. Then i managed to trade one for a loboto, and someone kindly traded me my lily for their raz. Then i bought two more a few days later and got sasha and sheegor.

Still really want boyd, I tried to find some forums to trade loboto+sheegor for boyd, or even sasha too but was unsucessful. Hopefully they go on sale online, I'd even buy a full set.

Ah, all the packs were random then? The darker memories of middle school trading-cards are suddenly flooding back to me...

Cool that you managed to get those at least.

I know I'll sound like an echo, but @dangeRoss: those Psychonauts figures you made look awesome! Such a shame that you lost them. Perhaps they are lying in some crate in a secret government vault somewhere a la the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I was a Graphic Design/Studio art Major in college. I wish all of the figures I made survived. Especially Raz. I'll have to search around and see if I can find some of the other pics I took as well. Or do a new photoshoot with Dogen.

Do eBay and Amazon have their own branches in Norway, or is it just one big international venture with those kind of places? Eh, if our Congress has it's way our Postal service may not be around much longer. I've only had to ship things to Canada once and a while and it always surprised me how expensive even that could be.

Do you work in art now?

Well, eBay has a branch in Norway, but it's lost a lot of popularity to a Norwegian online marketplace called Finn.no. It doesn't have auctions, but I usually only used the Buy Now option on eBay anyway. You'd have to be lucky to find something interesting on the Norwegian eBay these days. The closest Amazon branches are the ones in Germany and UK. I usually buy DS and 3DS from Amazon UK since games there cost half of what they do in Norway and the shipping is pretty fast and free.

Thanks Acefox. I found Raz's head last night in my storage collection. His body must not be far behind... The Censor does seem to be completely lost. Maybe Indiana Jones and the government got their hands on that one. Dogen is the best survivor of the group and still intact.

Flesk I work with Digital Media at a Communications Dept in a school. So I still get to be somewhat artistic with things. I don't know if I'd recommend any youngin's to major in art with our economy now. It is crazy hard to find a job in anything/anywhere at this point and being an art major doesn't exactly help.

Nice. So you have some options for purchasing things and having to deal with shipping then. I don't like bidding on things either, I prefer the buy it now too. I always find it interesting to hear about gaming in different parts of the globe. Why do games cost so much when buying them in Norway? Does that include buying digitally as well? I would imagine most gamers would prefer to ship their purchases from out of the country if they are cheaper elsewhere then, right?

Sign in to follow this