Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wsarte

Bridge bug at Monk temple on PS3 after patch 1.01 (Monk, Knight, Hillbilly)

I was in the middle of the monk quest, just after the water jar part. I decided to save and exit the game. When I came back to the game later, my knight was back at the feather bridge, and my other two characters were standing where I left them near the flying carpets. The bridge has reappeared, the feather is sitting weirdly on the first step of the mountain, but there's no way to get my other two guys on top of the bridge again.

I'm playing on PS3 and have installed patch 1.01. I'm using Monk, Knight, Hillbilly.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you've run this weird issue. Unfortunately, we have been unable to release an update which would fix this bug. For the time being the only solution is to begin a new save and avoid saving and quitting at this point in the game. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I think Double Fine should seriously consider not using a single slot autosave feature anymore. This is the second Double Fine PS3 game I've played where I've had no recourse except to start over completely because of a game-breaking bug that will not be fixed. "Brutal Legend" had save file corruption problems and now "The Cave" saves your game and places characters and objects in different places than where you left them.

Please consider breaking from this methodology with Massive Chalice and Broken Age. Allowing players to save when they want to and giving them the ability to use multiple save slots would have alleviated much of the pain of these game bugs and would not have taken away from the game experience whatsoever.

Any update on this bug for PS3? I just started a new game with the Monk, Knight, and the Adventurer. The knight is stuck outside due to the bridge re-appearing. Was really enjoying my 2nd play-though up to this point.

Sign in to follow this