Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Broken Age Casting

Jennifer Hale as Mom (Brütal Legend-Ophelia)

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you actually fulfilled my Kickstarter wish. *does happy dancing* Jennifer Hale is freakin' fabulous.

Actually, the whole cast sound like a perfect pick :).

I um... I... can't even... I'm just like... I now feel guilty for not being financially able to throw more money at the game (going for the more than a game tier has been hurting me already). Thanks a lot. I hate feeling guilty. But not the kind I mean, or you mean or someone means...

I'm just... excited and happy and want to tweet this news to the world and I hate that I have to wait another... hour and 20 minutes or so....

This is a great cast so far! I wonder who will end up voicing our two protagonists?

WOW! You got JB from the D?

Mind <- blown

Loved him in Brütal of course and love it that he has a cameo.

Thanks for making this day 100% more awesome.

This is a great cast so far! I wonder who will end up voicing our two protagonists?
+1 I'm really excited by the selection so far, they all sound awesome!

Absolutely great cast - each voice matches their character brilliantly!

So... when do we find out who will be voicing the two lead characters?

Great casting! Love all of it! A heartfelt welcome to the new friends who will soon be old friends! *clinks glass*

Just looking up some of the VO cast and I see that Kristen Sarkisian and Jack Black have worked together before!"

(Scene together at 1:45)

That sounds like a great line-up!

As a German, though, I am not sure how I feel about the character Rommel.

i don't think rommel has the same negative connotations as a hitler or stalin, though, at least in america. like, i've heard of erwin rommel before but the name alone doesn't immediately make me thing "nazis!!!" double fine certainly should pay close attention to their overseas audiences when it comes to naming though, since we all know how that turned out with Trenched...

i don't think rommel has the same negative connotations as a hitler or stalin...

I agree. I live in Czech Republic, a direct neighbour of Germany, I know who Rommel was and did and the name doesn't make me twitch. I guess it can make someone in Africa uncomfortable at most.

i don't think rommel has the same negative connotations as a hitler or stalin...

I agree. I live in Czech Republic, a direct neighbour of Germany, I know who Rommel was and did and the name doesn't make me twitch. I guess it can make someone in Africa uncomfortable at most.

Actually if you read Rommel's wiki he was one of the good nazies he did his job without warcrimes ignored all orders that had to do with warcrimes. And even tried to assassinate hitler.

Actually if you read Rommel's wiki he was one of the good nazies he did his job without warcrimes ignored all orders that had to do with warcrimes. And even tried to assassinate hitler.

I wouldn't call a general leading expedition to occupy areas of other countries a good guy. As for his later acting, I was always under the impression that he was first and foremost very effective leader and strategist with the aversion towards incapable people and Hitler's latest years of reign weren't exactly a showcase of good decisions.

However I don't feel like this is right place to discuss such matters.

Jack Black is such a pro. Imagine having the presence of mind to know that he wasn't well lit - so he stepped into the light.

So. Professional.

I wouldn't call a general leading expedition to occupy areas of other countries a good guy. As for his later acting, I was always under the impression that he was first and foremost very effective leader and strategist with the aversion towards incapable people and Hitler's latest years of reign weren't exactly a showcase of good decisions.

However I don't feel like this is right place to discuss such matters.

yeah i certainly wouldn't go as far as to say rommel was a "good" guy, but he was certainly more principled than others. anyway if you guys want to talk about ww2 history this forum does have a off-topic section...
Jack Black is such a pro. Imagine having the presence of mind to know that he wasn't well lit - so he stepped into the light.

So. Professional.

i noticed this too! i also noticed how tim's reaction to jack's reading was just "awesome". he was being so picky about the voices in the documentary but ain't nobody gonna be picky when jack black's doing his thing.

Seeing other people clarify who the voices are has me even more psyched! Especially, Solidus Snake as a spoon. That's just going to make me laugh too much knowing who he is now.

Awesome to associate voices with art and characters from the game!

Now with JB, Broken Age is not the greatest game in the world - it is just a tribute.

Woah wait a minute, John Cygan, you guys got Solidus Snake in the game!!! That's awesome.

Please make Richard Horvitz sound less robotic. That effect makes it impossible to recognize him.

Hynden Walch is Princess Bubblegum! Swoooooooon.

Yeah! I knew I recognised that name. So good.

Appropriate .gif time:

Vu55i.gif

This game just gets better and better, I can't wait to hear the full cast list! So psyched to hear Jack and Richard are back.

Exciting! I don't care how, when or where, now you must have Marshall Dune say "Chron-O-John" somewhere in the game.

Sign in to follow this