Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Broken Age Casting

Haha Whut!?!? Jack Black isn't the Hipster Lumberjack?

Then again, being cast as a dude with a beard wreathed in clouds, which is supporting a cloud nest full of birds is pretty cool.

Harm'ny Lightbeard the lifter of clouds, hmmm.... nice ring to it.

Then again, being cast as a dude with a beard wreathed in clouds, which is supporting a cloud nest full of birds is pretty cool.

Hipster lumberjack might have been just a test character for before the script of the game was finalized.

I'd like to see him integrated in somehow, though, as a little nod to the backers.

Hipster lumberjack might have been just a test character for before the script of the game was finalized.

I'd like to see him integrated in somehow, though, as a little nod to the backers.

Thanks, I was aware of that, just riffing on it as a running joke. But one can dream and hope that the lumberjack may just make it in there somewhere. He's such a hipster after all. It would be a shame to lose him :-(

I love that they went with David for Marek, when I watched the last episode his voiced seem counter to everything you'd expect a humanized creepy wolf to sound like, yet it worked so well somehow.

Jack Black as Harm'ny Lightbeard (Brütal Legend-Eddie)

ERMERGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!! Tell me this is the name of the Hipster Lumberjack!

So exciting! (Not that I think the rest of the list isn't going to be great, but this is a hellova cameo!)

Edit: Dawww.... not the Hipster Lumberjack. Oh well, still awesome.

Good old Dr Fred haha :)

Defintely sounds like a very talented and quality voice actor cast.

Thanks, I was aware of that, just riffing on it as a running joke. But one can dream and hope that the lumberjack may just make it in there somewhere. He's such a hipster after all. It would be a shame to lose him :-(
Hipsterjack is SO over being in the game, man. He was in the game before there even was a game, but now it's gotten all mainstream with voice actors and plot and even a title. Plus, he heard Dialogue Tree got cut (pun explicitly intended) and he isn't about to let the man get away with that kind of injustice.

Hipsterjack is SO over being in the game, man. He was in the game before there even was a game, but now it's gotten all mainstream with voice actors and plot and even a title. Plus, he heard Dialogue Tree got cut (pun explicitly intended) and he isn't about to let the man get away with that kind of injustice.

Your hipster got very beatnik towards the end. I like it, though, so I won't narc on you.

EDIT:

Also, voice cast is looking thoroughly primo. Very excited to see Horvitz in it, and Marek is one creepy-ass wolf.

I saw the Full Throttle on the screen, but i didn see any actors from Full Throttle, so i assume, its a hint that someone from Full Throttle is in Broken Age :P or was that simply a mistake ?.

You can tell that the voices totally fit the characters, i dont feel like any voice felt out of place at all. that is a really good sign imo.

Some great voices, I really looked forward to listening...to the game! Ha.

Smiles

Amazing how real it seems once it's voice acted. No on-screen animation, and yet it's so much more alive.

I saw the Full Throttle on the screen, but i didn see any actors from Full Throttle, so i assume, its a hint that someone from Full Throttle is in Broken Age :P or was that simply a mistake ?.

You can tell that the voices totally fit the characters, i dont feel like any voice felt out of place at all. that is a really good sign imo.

Might be still the main 2 characters need to be voiced and think I saw more characters around that weren't shown here yet(Though they might be just for show and have no voice acting).

Nick Jameson is in full throttle I just read in an article

I love that they went with David for Marek, when I watched the last episode his voiced seem counter to everything you'd expect a humanized creepy wolf to sound like, yet it worked so well somehow.
I totally agree with you. I feel like David is going to make a great and very memorable Marek.

Might be still the main 2 characters need to be voiced and think I saw more characters around that weren't shown here yet(Though they might be just for show and have no voice acting).

Nick Jameson is in full throttle I just read in an article

Oh awesome, i did not know that. But yea it could be.

Its such a damn shame Roy Conrad isnt alive. that amazing voice.

And to think I was genuinely concerned when I saw Jack Black...I love the look of his character.

It all looks amazing guys. And now that there are voices it seems...more real, I guess.

Your hipster got very beatnik towards the end. I like it, though, so I won't narc on you.

EDIT:

Also, voice cast is looking thoroughly primo. Very excited to see Horvitz in it, and Marek is one creepy-ass wolf.

Hipster Lumberjack had to leave the game after one too many of Oliver's psychadelic bug tests. He's had to go into detox after that episode where his arm turned into a knife. Poor hipster :-(

Hynden Walch did one of the little angels in Grim Fandango right? It's not on wikipedia but I remember that voice!

Sign in to follow this