Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Broken Age Casting

Also I hope Spoon is an absolutely massive, pivotal role. I already feel an emotional bond.

Spoon's my favorite, too.

Deluxe cast!

I hope January 2014 will come fast!!

I totally agree with this. I love the voice work of every one of the people that Double Fine has announced so far. I'm so much more excited for the game now. :)

Special to Tim:

At 2:07, I respect your fortitude. I see the banana. I see the plate of doughnuts. I see that you continue to choose wisely. Keep it up!

I LOVE the voice actors that have been revealed so far! A lot of memorable names... Richard Horvitz and Nick Jameson from Psychonauts, Jack Black from Brutal Legend, David Kaufman from Danny Phantom, Cree Summer from Tiny Toons (and Drawn Together), Grey DeLisle from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Catherine Cavadini from Powerpuff Girls, Jennifer Hale from Mass Effect, Hynden Walch from Adventure Time, Kate Higgins from Naruto, Jamieson Price from Bleach, John Cygan from Metal Gear, and Kristen Sarkisian... who was with Jack Black in something!

Keep it up! ^_^

Damn I played that video so many times already. The voice acting alone already starts to give me the feeling I had with the old lucasarts games.

The casting is awesome, but what really got me going was hearing the bits of dialogue. The characters seem incredibly strong and diverse. :coolgrin:

No Nolan North? I thought we were making a video game here.

they haven't announced the voice actors of the main characters yet, have they?

nolan north as shay

troy baker as vella

I was thinking Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Shay.

No Nolan North? I thought we were making a video game here.

they haven't announced the voice actors of the main characters yet, have they?

nolan north as shay

troy baker as vella

I was thinking Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Shay.

Gordon-Levitt! Good pick! I can imagine he'd make a great Shae

Thanks, I was aware of that, just riffing on it as a running joke. But one can dream and hope that the lumberjack may just make it in there somewhere. He's such a hipster after all. It would be a shame to lose him :-(
Hipsterjack is SO over being in the game, man. He was in the game before there even was a game, but now it's gotten all mainstream with voice actors and plot and even a title. Plus, he heard Dialogue Tree got cut (pun explicitly intended) and he isn't about to let the man get away with that kind of injustice.

Your hipster got very beatnik towards the end. I like it, though, so I won't narc on you.

Also, voice cast is looking thoroughly primo. Very excited to see Horvitz in it, and Marek is one creepy-ass wolf.

Hipster Lumberjack had to leave the game after one too many of Oliver's psychadelic bug tests. He's had to go into detox after that episode where his arm turned into a knife. Poor hipster :-(

Excuse me.

I'd like to refer you to the latest episode of the documentry (11). minute one. second twenty five.

I'm not sure what it means in the game. but those words stuck with me.

(and... discuss)

EDIT: or are they just toying with my emotions? i really want to see the Dialog Tree again. -_-,

^Child actors can be annoying if not done right. I think that's why most studios these days just give up and hire adults to voice children characters. But I think there's a certain sort of peanuts-esque charm that's lost if done that way, and I'm glad DF didn't go that route. Rocky's voice sounded great!

It doesn't sound as wrong having adults voice teenage characters though. I wonder what Shay and Vela will sound like? Maybe we'll get to hear them in the next doc episode?

nj4uBwpimjg

Kristen Sarkisian is there for a short part on 1:43

Also this Jack Black fellow has potential :)

I'd like to refer you to the latest episode of the documentry (11). minute one. second twenty five.

(and... discuss)

EDIT: or are they just toying with my emotions? i really want to see the Dialog Tree again. -_-,

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, it sounds like there will be a lumberjack in the game, but I doubt it'll be the Hipsterjack. (They can't possibly have a lumberjack without a hipsterjack in-joke reference, though. Right?)

I love putting faces behind the voice, always surprises me what they look like. Jack's face through the window... Hahaha! Please, more footage.

(and... discuss)

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, it sounds like there will be a lumberjack in the game, but I doubt it'll be the Hipsterjack. (They can't possibly have a lumberjack without a hipsterjack in-joke reference, though. Right?)

It's likely a reference to a spoiler in the game, probably related to how the two storied are connected. I have a guess.

It's likely a reference to a spoiler in the game, probably related to how the two stories are connected. I have a guess.
They chop down the tree from the title screen and just WALK over into the spaceship?

They chop down the tree from the title screen and just WALK over into the spaceship?

Yes, but it turns out they are both just a dream by the lumberjack.

Whoa, how did I miss this for a full week? Very nice video, and that is truly a great cast. Nice to see Jables return to the fold, also.

DF's entire marketing strategy should be the random craziness of Tim & JB -- I loved all that stuff with Brutal Legend and was disappointed that there wasn't so very much of it.

Sign in to follow this