Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Broken Age Casting

EDIT: or are they just toying with my emotions? i really want to see the Dialog Tree again. -_-,

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, it sounds like there will be a lumberjack in the game, but I doubt it'll be the Hipsterjack. (They can't possibly have a lumberjack without a hipsterjack in-joke reference, though. Right?)

how can you have just a generic lumberjack though...

The VAs who played Billy (Richard Steven Horvitz) and Mandy (Grey DeLisle) will both be in the game at the same time?! All they have to do now is to get Greg Eagles to play a character.

Wonderful casting, by the way!

The VAs who played Billy (Richard Steven Horvitz) and Mandy (Grey DeLisle) will both be in the game at the same time?! All they have to do now is to get Greg Eagles to play a character.

Wonderful casting, by the way!

And not only that, but Danny Phantom fans have the luxury of hearing Danny (David Kaufman), Sam (Grey DeLisle), and Val (Cree Summer)!

Only got the news of this just now. Strange it wasn't mentioned on the kickstarter updates. I guess I've been in a dormant sleep. Anyways, looks great and lots of fun!

Couldn't be happier with the choices we've seen/heard so far! Packed with people I loved from past DF games, as well as some clearly fantastic new folks. I had totally forgotten about voice acting (since we obviously haven't heard any yet on the updates, and recent replaying of Costume Quest had me used to no voices), and it's looking like you guys definitely aren't going to disappoint in that department. They match with even better than what I'd pictured so far, smothered with that extra layer of character... fan-freakin-tastic casting!

I've been cruising through the entire DF library lately, so this video was like a warm, snuggly blanket of blown away best-case-scenario expectations. Cannot wait to play it.

great cast! took a little break from the DFA section, came back and there's a lot of news I'm happy about.

Whoa, that's great! Hahaha. Also, Tim is losing weight? I always imaged the stress of the game plus his lavish (joke) lifestyle would make things go the other way...

Whoa, that's great! Hahaha. Also, Tim is losing weight? I always imaged the stress of the game plus his lavish (joke) lifestyle would make things go the other way...

He's been doing his crazy juice diet for a few months now!

Looks like superb voice talent, as I would expect from DF.

I hope that we hear from Alan Blumenfeld again.

I mentioned it a couple of pages back, but if you look closely at 2:07, Tim's selected a healthy fruit snack (banana!) while a plate of unhealthy sugary confections (doughnuts!) sits shunned in the background.

(Serious answer is the juice diet Remo mentioned.)

I sat patiently and watched all the 2PP episodes, quite content to let Double Fine and Tim bring this game to me whenever. Even with all the mucking about with the release dates and the budget worries and all that jazz, I was still prepared to shrug and wait.

But now....

I'm FREAKIN' EXCITED!

The voice acting has suddenly brought the game to life and there's already signs of the humour we all know and love from adventure games past.

So excited!

He's been doing his crazy juice diet for a few months now!

Oh man, juice diets. Diets that work but are often soul crushing. Good for him though. Immediately noticeable.
I mentioned it a couple of pages back, but if you look closely at 2:07, Tim's selected a healthy fruit snack (banana!) while a plate of unhealthy sugary confections (doughnuts!) sits shunned in the background.

(Serious answer is the juice diet Remo mentioned.)

They really do work. They're just hard to stick to which he is succeeding at. I had a lot of success with one (coupled with regular exercise). It's a good way to diet while also getting a wide range of nutrients. I've personally just been doing a simpler diet where I just don't eat anything past 6 and keep my calories regular during the day but weighted towards morning. As a result I go to bed a bit hungry but wake up the next morning weighing less. Of course, I also play tennis, so I don't know if that one works without an active lifestyle.

It was only a few weeks into it with over ten lbs lost that someone said, "Oh yeah, breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, dinner like a pauper", I like I was supposed to magically know that it was a commonly known diet trick.

If Hamill joins Broken Age that would be awesome. The thought has crossed my mind a few times, but he's probably too busy training for SW VII.

Where's Mark Hamill? You got to put him in there, he was badass as Ripburger in Full Throttle.

Omg, I didn't even think about that at first. I'm sure he'd love to get in on a project like this too! Incredible voice actor all around as well.

Has everyone seen this slice of amazement yet? The comic timing is blowing my mind.

Yeah, Pendleton Ward has this very interesting delivery style when he does voices. I can't even rightly put my finger on what it is, there's just something about the particular way he'll emphasise certain words, and the particular rhythm that his phrasing has that gives it a quality all of its own, so that even though he's basically just yelling everything and sometimes it can even sound a little monotone, it's still full of character and makes you smile.

WOO-HOO!! The casting for this game is AWESOME. I am especially so happy to see Catherine Cavadini & David Kaufman featured in this great cast, those 2 deserve more good work. :-)

I'd like to refer you to the latest episode of the documentry (11). minute one. second twenty five.

I'm not sure what it means in the game. but those words stuck with me.

(and... discuss)

EDIT: or are they just toying with my emotions? i really want to see the Dialog Tree again. -_-,

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, it sounds like there will be a lumberjack in the game, but I doubt it'll be the Hipsterjack. (They can't possibly have a lumberjack without a hipsterjack in-joke reference, though. Right?)

They actually included the hipsterjack. Woooooo!

Sign in to follow this