Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Hello, hello, hello!

As some of you may or may not be aware, Telltale Games, they who made stuff like Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island (oh, and the good Walking Dead game... I guess), have recently updated their website.

Unfortunately, this means their forums have also changed... and it's not gone down well.

Basically, they've turned what was a nice ol' forum, much like this one, into something closer to Reditt, with nested comments and the like. It's a massive change, and one a lot of people aren't happy with, which means that a fair few of them are probably going to be jumping ship over the next couple of days.

I'm sort-of one of them, which you can probably tell, since this is my first post :D I'm not completely abandoning the TTG site (I am a mod there after all, it'd just be rude to up and run at the first sign of change), but... well, I just thought I'd branch out, and since I'd been told that this was a good place to try, I thought I'd do so.

So consider me the first 'refugee from TTG'! (Hey, that rhymed. Guess that means it's a thing now!)

I can clearly see that we've got some other guys from the site (I see you flesk... and you Jenni! No hiding now that I've named and shamed you!), so I thought it might be nice to have a place where any other refugees could come and say hi.

So... yeah. Hi!

Hey there Mr. Marsden.
DARTH Marsden! I didn't spend 6 years in the Jedi Academy so I could be called Mr, thank you very much.

(I killed so many Padawans on the way out... that was a good day...)

Hey former Telltale-ers.

I'm not planning on leaving the Tellale forums, but since I'm already over here, welcome! :)

Oh, and I guess I'll mention that I'm Jennifer at the Telltale forums, as if it isn't obvious. ;)

Welcome, Darth Marsden and der Fhqwhgod! (I believe I already welcomed Chyron in another thread a while back.)

EDIT: I'm a really slow poster. Make that a general TTG forums refugee welcome. Glad to see some of you here. /EDIT

I'm not exactly happy about the changes to the TTG forums either. I sort of started making a nest for myself here a while back, and it's really only the people in general chat that have kept me at the TTG forums for so long, since I haven't been super excited with their games for a while. This place does have its fault thoughs, with the sub par forum engine (compared to the old TTG forums) and the background image that takes a bit of getting used to.

If a lot of people do end up leaving the TTG forums I hope they end up here where I get to interact with them on a regular basis instead of being scattered around various shady corners of the internet.

Awww, it's like all the best people from the TTG all in one place.

...and chyron. :P

This place does have its fault thoughs, with the sub par forum engine (compared to the old TTG forums) and the background image that takes a bit of getting used to.
I dunno. I think it's pretty slimming. :D

This place does have its fault thoughs, with the sub par forum engine (compared to the old TTG forums) and the background image that takes a bit of getting used to.
I dunno. I think it's pretty slimming. :D

Ah, yeah. Vertical stripes. I've stripped some of the orange from the forums with a Greasemonkey script at work though, so it won't be so apparent that I'm lurking in DFAF all the time.

Hey Darth, as well as any other refugees!

The new TTG forum is... erm... wow, who thought that was a good idea?

The more the merrier. Flesk has been here for a while now and seems like a decent sort. If you guys are half as cool as him, you'll be more the welcome here.

Hey Darth, as well as any other refugees!

The new TTG forum is... erm... wow, who thought that was a good idea?

It seems nobody during the beta. seems they didn't listen.

Much as I'd like to talk about it, I can't really discuss i-

...wait a second. I think I CAN here. Hmm.

...oh, what the hell. I'm on the verge of leaving the damn thing anyway...

Basically, it was bulldozed through by the higher ups who insisted on making the new site more like Reddit, and they essentially flat-out refused to listen to any criticism of the thing. Hardly anyone was in approval of the radical changes like nested comments, but there was little anyone could do beyond minor tweaks. If you took part in the Beta earlier in the year, you'll probably remember it being almost identical to how it is now - that's because it IS practically identical. Nothing's major's been changed, not even remotely.

And that's why we're having such a flood of people complaining about it all and leaving for other places.

Hey, I'm perfectly capable of getting banned for a terrible horrible no-good very bad April Fools joke here too.

Hey, I'm perfectly capable of getting banned here too for a terrible horrible no-good very bad April Fools joke here too.

i've been banned here like 5 times but now i'm too old and boring to keep doing it. so please entertain me.

The more the merrier. Flesk has been here for a while now and seems like a decent sort. If you guys are half as cool as him, you'll be more the welcome here.

Thanks. Cool isn't a word I usually use to describe myself, but I can vouch for the people in this thread being of a decent sort. I think off topic here is a lot like general chat over there, both in the kinds of people who are regulars and the types of threads that pops up. There's a bit more games and randomness here though, if you don't count the various threads by a certain forum member there that usually get locked pretty fast. The TTG forums has a separate section for forum games that holds many of the typical hot (the user) threads.

It wasn't so much the forum itself as it was the people. SO many awesome discussions. It was fantastic.

I'm actually quite worried that a lot of the 'old guard', the ones who were so much fun to chat with, are going to go off to other forums... or just abandon going to forums entirely. It'd be a huge shame if that happened - I really loved my time at TTG, but I can't see myself staying there after this, and if I'm not going to, why would others?

Ah well. Ce la vie.

Hey, I'm perfectly capable of getting banned for a terrible horrible no-good very bad April Fools joke here too.

i've been banned here like 5 times but now i'm too old and boring to keep doing it. so please entertain me.

A few years ago, I started an April Fools joke thread about two of the TTG staff getting engaged. It was hilarious when the couple themselves actually joined in on the joke.

So this year I made an April Fools joke in the Whatever's On Your Mind thread about Mike Stemmle having cancer.

Yeah. The mods banned me for a week because of it.

A few years ago, I started an April Fools joke thread about two of the TTG staff getting engaged. It was hilarious when the couple themselves actually joined in on the joke.

So this year I made an April Fools joke in the Whatever's On Your Mind thread about Mike Stemmle having cancer.

Seriously? I must have missed those! Gah, that first one sounds hilarious!

...not so much the second one.

Seriously? I must have missed those! Gah, that first one sounds hilarious!

...not so much the second one.

I don't think I posted in it, but I remember it (the engagement one), and it definitely was funny.

Ah, here it is: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/15807

But then again you'd have troubles finding any of this stuff after the change.

You should have sticked with the old "Telltale eats babies" joke.

They even made a cake to celebrate the new forum:

s8mo.jpg

I loled at that.

Does Double Fine eat babies.?

no. the forum in-joke here is that tim schafer's beard is sentient or something dumb like that

cancer jokes are pretty risky. maybe try aids next time.
Ah, classic "coolsome". You and I will get along juuuuuuust fine.

Which is, incidentally, what you are.

A Parking Ticket FINE.

@hot: You should change your nick to coolsome and start posting Simpsons and WWE images to make the TTG refugees at home.

They cackle maniacally from a throne made out of Kickstarter money.

At least, that's what Kotaku told me.