Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Do people ship The Doctor with different incarnations?

It's called self-cest.

There's a whole world of horrifying things waiting to be discovered down that road. It's like the Lament Configuration of fandom.

Mulder & Scully is one that became canon.

I remember when what was the internet blew up after that Christmas episode teased it.

Oh hey, you hear they've split up in the new series? That'll be fun for the fans.

I thought it was good and so did my friends. Who are these idiot fans that didn't like it? The ones complaining about her hair probably.

I really don't understand why Daishi is still over at Telltale.

He sticks out... in a good way.

I miss those no hover hander Daishi and gorgeous girl in a bar pictures.

He does. I really like that he's there, as he (along with Blind Sniper and WarpSpeed, and you of course Vainamoinen) are pretty much the only people there who still have discussion of the Telltale puzzle adventures.

Plus I enjoy seeing gaming memories from people who grew up in the 8-bit era, as the "what was your first game" threads are a bit skewed over there as their average age is somewhere between 13 and 15 (which is why I find it pretty funny when they complain about the Minecraft forum bringing in a younger crowd, when most of the people who are doing the complaining are in the underage crowd themselves, but I digress).

How depressed will I be if I look at the "what was your first game" thread? What's the most common?

How depressed will I be if I look at the "what was your first game" thread? What's the most common?
The Nintendo 64/PlayStation era comes up a lot (Super Mario 64 is probably the most common). Then there's even more recent answers, like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas or Bully.

Every now and then you'll see someone mention an NES or Gameboy game, or even a Commodore-64 game, but they're not as common as they were in threads like these before the Walking Dead crowd came in.

The Nintendo 64/PlayStation era comes up a lot (Super Mario 64 is probably the most common). Then there's even more recent answers, like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas or Bully.

Every now and then you'll see someone mention an NES or Gameboy game, or even a Commodore-64 game, but they're not as common as they were in threads like these before the Walking Dead crowd came in.

That's not too bad. I expected worse. The majority of my (former) friends I made at uni in my first year had never even played an N64 (coming along to the industry later. In fact one of them considers himself a gamer and hadn't even heard of Nintendo before the original DS. These people are 20 now).

He does. I really like that he's there, as he (along with Blind Sniper and WarpSpeed, and you of course Vainamoinen) are pretty much the only people there who still have discussion of the Telltale puzzle adventures.

Plus I enjoy seeing gaming memories from people who grew up in the 8-bit era, as the "what was your first game" threads are a bit skewed over there as their average age is somewhere between 13 and 15 (which is why I find it pretty funny when they complain about the Minecraft forum bringing in a younger crowd, when most of the people who are doing the complaining are in the underage crowd themselves, but I digress).

Actually, I've seen several new members discuss the older games in a positive light from having tried them after (or even before) Walking Dead.

It's weird for me to hear Daishi's voice for the first time.

Also, TMM 2 is dead.

In TTG's The Walking Dead Season One there's a Belgian character named Katjaa.

Well fuck you TTG, can't even spell foreign names. That last a is too much

maybe it could just work as an intentional misspelling? here in americaland, people looooooove screwing up the spelling of names. jennifer becomes jynipher or something like that. maybe katjaa just had silly parents.

maybe it could just work as an intentional misspelling? here in americaland, people looooooove screwing up the spelling of names. jennifer becomes jynipher or something like that. maybe katjaa just had silly parents.

Since I read Yvette as Ivette, I read that as Jeanifer.

Bit of a hell freezes over situation here, but Telltale's 'remastering' Back to the Future, adding the voice of Thomas "Fuck this part of my life" Wilson as Biff Tannen.

If this update is in any way retrievable for owners of the original version... wait for it...

...I might actually replay Back to the Future: The Game.

SERIOUSLY.

Bit of a hell freezes over situation here, but Telltale's 'remastering' Back to the Future, adding the voice of Thomas "Fuck this part of my life" Wilson as Biff Tannen.

If this update is in any way retrievable for owners of the original version... wait for it...

...I might actually replay Back to the Future: The Game.

SERIOUSLY.

What specifically are they adding other than Thomas Wilson and enhancing the graphics?

The Amazon listing mentions that "your choices and actions change to story around you".

I wonder if it's going to be a bit more than just a graphical touch up.

I'd think they'd just go for a sequel if they wanted to do the whole "your choices will effect the story" type deal with BTTF.

Also I just realized I'd REALLY want a choice your own adventure story with time travel involved and having decisions in the pat screwing with the future and stuff.

I found this particular bit interesting:

Includes in-game access to exclusive content: a behind the scenes video featuring interviews with Bob Gale, Tom Wilson, members of the development team, and AJ LoCascio - the voice of young Marty McFly

Not even the Game of the Year Edition for Walking Dead: Season 1 had the extra content on disc; they just included the 400 Days DLC episode on disc and gave a link to a special website you could visit if you had a Telltale Account.

As for the choice/consequence thing, I'm thinking either they said that to get the Walking Dead fans on board (since both games were alike in that they prioritized story first - albeit in different ways), or that they possibly revised some of the game's interface to make it look like a modern Telltale game whenever you select your dialogue.

I'd think they'd just go for a sequel if they wanted to do the whole "your choices will effect the story" type deal with BTTF.

Also I just realized I'd REALLY want a choice your own adventure story with time travel involved and having decisions in the pat screwing with the future and stuff.

Yeah, if they do end up doing a sequel (which seems a lot more possible now than it did before the anniversary edition was announced), I'm sure they'll do the choices and consequences gameplay since they're known for that now.

Back to the Future is definitely the type of license that would fit into that gameplay model wonderfully, since there have been tons of alternate timelines and consequences in the films (and even the first Telltale game), so the possibility that you can somehow affect that through choices in gameplay is really appealing.

Is there any indication that the new version of BTTF is coming to computers?

No offence guys, but even if TTG made a Season 2 of BTTF, I very much doubt they'd even pull off stuff like multiple timelines and such. At most, I can see stuff like "So and So will remember that", but the story being the exact same, with maybe three alternative endings that are all pretty bad, like TWD Season 2 had.