Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Saw Nerd³ play Telltale's Minecraft game. Still not entirely sure why someone thought this was a good idea.
The first episode is actually really good. It's my favorite premiere since the puzzle game days.

The second episode isn't as good because it's so short (it's only about an hour long), but it has two really different paths due to having mechanics like The Wolf Among Us where you choose between two different places to go and both play out at the same time, except now the events play out in seperate episodes so it feels like your choices have more impact.

Overall though, I'm really liking this series so far. They're trying new mechanics (including direct controlled combat with selectable weapons, which is so much better than quick time events) and bringing back others, like puzzles (both episodes have had classic adventure game style switch puzzles). I really hope that the gameplay style from this continues in their other series.

Wait.

You're suggesting that they're using a game that's guaranteed to sell because of the license as a sort-of testing ground for features that might make their games more interactive and appeal to a wider audience in the long run?

...cunning bastards.

Wait.

You're suggesting that they're using a game that's guaranteed to sell because of the license as a sort-of testing ground for features that might make their games more interactive and appeal to a wider audience in the long run?

...cunning bastards.

It seems like they're using it as a testing grounds for new ideas, yeah. It makes sense too, as the simpler graphics seem to let them have a quicker turnaround while still being able to have time to add in game play features that they probably wouldn't be able to put in episodes to get feedback on and tweak as needed in their other seasons.

There's a lot of stuff in here that would work for their other announced games really well. The direct controlled sword combat would work really well for The Walking Dead: Michonne, as she's known for fighting zombie hordes with a machete. It work even better for their Marvel game, as direct controlled combat with a health meter would be much more true to the spirit of a superhero action franchise than quick time events (although, unfortunately, I really doubt Telltale will ever drop QTEs completely).

And of course, gameplay features like user chooseable locations with completely different outcomes and adventure game style puzzles will benefit any of their future games (it seems like the puzzles at least really are being used as a testing ground to see what their audience will allow, as the switch puzzle is tweaked already in the second episode, moving from five switches to three, but is still a genuine classic adventure game style switch puzzle).

I just hope that they really do implement these improvements in future seasons and don't relegate them to a single season, like they did with the minigames, collectables, and the ability to play the game after the ending in Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

I swear, I miss the days when Telltale could get a three hour episode out in a month. To get an episode of two hours or so, it usually takes them 4-5 months per episodes now (Hello Tales from the Borderlands >.>, which had a 5 month gap between Ep 1 and 2, and then a 4 month gap between 2 & 3). But then, when they stick to the monthly part, the episode barely scratches one hour long.

I miss the days when Telltale made classic point and click adventure games... also Sam & Max.

I remember when the third S&M came out and how some people were complaining about how they were going AAA with the power wheel. It's funny how now, we'd beg to get that amount of control back. I don't think I'd want them to go back to Sam & Max now. It frightens me to think of what they would do.

Right, well on a Sam & Max related note, it would be nice to see something with them. You know, like more comics or another TV show.

Right, well on a Sam & Max related note, it would be nice to see something with them. You know, like more comics or another TV show.

Would we even be able to handle another tv show? Because last I remember the show was more maniacal than the games.

On a related note, Telltale's Surfin' the Highway paperback is available for sale again, through the Cartoon Art Museum.

There's a holiday card set featuring one of the Sam & Max Christmas cards from Steve Purcell's blog available for sale too.

The only way Telltale would ever be able to get any more money out of me is if they announced they were going to do The Twilight Zone

The only way Telltale would ever be able to get any more money out of me is if they announced they were going to do The Twilight Zone

We will be in the corn field before that happens.

We will be in the corn field before that happens.

I think it'd be interesting if an anthology game got made.

I don't think anything could bring me back. Maybe if they actually went deep and had something that was intense for once. Maybe it's a good thing I'm not there. Walking Dead fans might have jumped on me for that. It had a good hook to it, but it was a zombie story. So no, I'm not going to get attached to anybody. I grew up with the Romero shit, man. I'm used to good people dying.

I dunno. Maybe if they took the self-indulgence and kojima out of a cage type story, it would at least be interesting enough to watch.

Sounds like The Walking Dead: Michonne is about to be released pretty soon.

Yeah right. I'll believe it when I see it.

Since this thread is bumped, I'll just point out that Telltale is now publishing other games - not like Hector, where they sell other adventure games through their store and help with development - they are now legitimately publishing physical copies of non adventure related games it seems.

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/101632/the-jackbox-party-pack-now-available-in-stores-via-telltale-partnership-with-jackbox-games

Today we’re excited to reveal an all-new partnership with Jackbox Games bringing ‘The Jackbox Party Pack’ to consoles at retailers worldwide! As part of an all-new publishing partnership initiative, we’ll be bringing ‘The Jackbox Party Pack’ to stores starting today in North America and November 6th in Europe.

“Working with some of the best partners in entertainment, we’re excited to be expanding our retail offerings in stores this fall across all platforms by bringing the highly innovative party game, ‘The Jackbox Party Pack’ to stores everywhere.” said Steve Allison, SVP of Publishing at Telltale Games. “We’re huge fans of the team at Jackbox Games. Their whip-smart writing and innovative approach to large group multiplayer via mobile devices in the living room and across the web is seamless, forward-thinking, and immeasurably fun to play.”

For those who haven’t played the already popular digital version, ‘The Jackbox Party Pack’ is an outstanding collection of multiplayer trivia, word and drawing games. From the comedy trivia sensation ‘You Don’t Know Jack 2015’ to the hilarious bluffing game ‘Fibbage XL’, there is plenty of fun to be had with this collection. The Party Pack offers a ton of multiplayer fun for up to 100 players (depending on the game), using your smartphone or tablet to buzz in answers and draw crazy doodles. ‘The Jackbox Party Pack’ collection disc will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. We’ll also be bringing The Jackbox Party Pack to Xbox 360 for digital download!

We’re thrilled to be bringing such an incredible collection of games to store shelves this holiday season, and stay tuned for more details on soon-to-be announced partnerships through Telltale Publishing.

I was over at Telltale just to look at old forums and I saw a bunch of old posts of mine that I am completely and utterly ashamed of. So, while I was over there, if I ever did anything to insult or offend anyone who migrated here, I apologize for it. And I know, it's been about two years and it doesn't really matter anymore, but I am just shocked at the stuff I posted back then. I feel like an arrogant prick and a distasteful human being.

I was especially an arsehole when I first started up. God, I hate myself right now.

EDIT: This goes out to Icedhope. Wherever you are.

For the first time in over a year, I actually logged back into my account just so I could delete a bunch of posts. Somebody kick me real hard, because I've had it coming.

For the first time in over a year, I actually logged back into my account just so I could delete a bunch of posts. Somebody kick me real hard, because I've had it coming.
I don't remember any that were particularly bad, but if you have any that you want to get rid of, let me know and I'll flag them for you over there.

I don't remember any that were particularly bad, but if you have any that you want to get rid of, let me know and I'll flag them for you over there.

Nah, it's okay, I already took care of a bunch.

Complex made a half hour documentary about Telltale's history with interviews from staff members. It has a good blend of old and new Telltale history.

So, you know how the end of The Wolf Among Us said that you could continue the story by reading the Fables comics? They meant it. The ending with Bigby deciding whether or not to go after Nerissa is explained in the last issue, issue 48, of the Fables: The Wolf Among Us comic adaptation.

Faith was glamoured as Nerissa.

Wait, Faith was glamoured as Nerissa, or Nerissa was glamoured as Faith? In the latter case, why was Nerissa glamoured to look like Faith?

Wait, Faith was glamoured as Nerissa, or Nerissa was glamoured as Faith? In the latter case, why was Nerissa glamoured to look like Faith?

Oh! Blast it all, I screwed up the spoiler because I accidentally stated the names in reverse.

Faith was glamoured as Nerissa. It was Faith the whole time.