Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Wait wait wait wait wait.

You're telling me that there's still anybody left at Telltale who still remembers that they did Sam & Max?

Does Steve Purcell remember Sam & Max?

You're telling me that there's still anybody left at Telltale who still remembers that they did Sam & Max?

My guess is that he doesn't have much time to work on anything related to Sam & Max, what with working at Pixar and all.

He posts Sam & Max stuff on his Facebook pretty often, though.

My guess is that he doesn't have much time to work on anything related to Sam & Max, what with working at Pixar and all.

I had no idea he was posting stuff on Facebook. I guess I'll have to go and check that out.

Forget Sam & Max. It makes me sad that Toybox was never made into an adventure game.

I had no idea he was posting stuff on Facebook. I guess I'll have to go and check that out.

If you can add him as a friend on Facebook, do - it's quite nice seeing the odd bit of Sam & Max stuff pop up on your page every now and again.

I hope the villain's Batman and you play as Harvey Dent.

Now THAT could be an interesting game mechanic: 'Press X to switch personalities' between good/bad Two-Face. Or flip a coin to see how you respond to a situation.

But it will probably be a game where you play as Alfred and you have to clean Wayne Manor while Batman is fighting crime.

Hmmm, that might work actually...

Little does anyone know, it's actual Arkham Origins again, only this time you play as Alfred as he cleans up after the bats in the bat cave, and constantly reheats that Christmas Ham he made for Bruce.

Now THAT could be an interesting game mechanic: 'Press X to switch personalities' between good/bad Two-Face.

Have you played the last game in the Kyrandia trilogy, Malcolm's Revenge? It has this interface button that you can use to change Malcolm's personality between good and bad (and something in between if I remember correctly), and his actions depend on what it's set to, so it's an integrated part of puzzle solving. I never actually completed the game, but I thought that was pretty interesting. I thought the game was a bit of a letdown after Hand of Fate, which I still love, so I guess that's in part why I never finished it.

Now THAT could be an interesting game mechanic: 'Press X to switch personalities' between good/bad Two-Face.

Have you played the last game in the Kyrandia trilogy, Malcolm's Revenge? It has this interface button that you can use to change Malcolm's personality between good and bad (and something in between if I remember correctly), and his actions depend on what it's set to, so it's an integrated part of puzzle solving. I never actually completed the game, but I thought that was pretty interesting. I thought the game was a bit of a letdown after Hand of Fate, which I still love, so I guess that's in part why I never finished it.

Press RT for paragon, press LT for renegade =P

Firewatch recently came out a few days ago if you guys were interested in seeing what Jake Rodkin/Sean Vanaman were up to since they left Telltale.

Also, Telltale is finally making an effort to go back to monthly episodes with some of their newer series, which is really nice.

Also, Telltale is finally making an effort to go back to monthly episodes with some of their newer series, which is really nice.

Ahhh yes, the monthly three to five hour episodes. We'll always remember those.* :)

(* "This episode felt totally rushed! Next time, just take a little more time!!")

You mean that one time they actually did it?

I mean the six year time frame in which they succeeded far more often than not.

I was open minded about Season 1 and thought it was cool for Telltale to embrace a niche concept (like what they did with Borderlands), but even I think Minecraft is too niche to warrant anything more than one Season.

Although, I will say I think Batman looks cool and Telltale hinted that they would potentially add new gameplay mechanics for Batman onward on top of confirming that Batman and all games onward would have a notably improved engine as well.

I still wonder how the hell they're gonna do the combat

I mean, it'll probably still be QTEs, but Minecraft showed they were willing to experiment on occasion, so here's to hoping it's more than that.

Also, moderating the Telltale forums tomorrow is going to be quite a bumpy ride, I bet. :P

If they keep experimenting with new mechanics I'm all for it. That's what I loved about the first season. It seemed like a breeding ground for new ideas, like a pilot program style game using a well known license.

That said, I have a feeling that they'll stick with what they already did with the first season. I'd love to be surprised though. After all, I was pleasantly surprised by the first season.

I still wonder how the hell they're gonna do the combat

I mean, it'll probably still be QTEs, but Minecraft showed they were willing to experiment on occasion, so here's to hoping it's more than that.

Also, moderating the Telltale forums tomorrow is going to be quite a bumpy ride, I bet. :P

And this is why no Batman game can beat Arkham City.

Speaking of which, I have seen Batman V Superman at an advanced screening. Doing a full review on Friday when the movie's been fully released.

And this is why no Batman game can beat Arkham City.

If you expect them to beat a multi million dollar game that had more work put into the fighting mechanic than they'll put in the whole season... they can't.

I don't expect them to. Because like you said, they can't.

F**k QTEs.