Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

@hot: You should change your nick to coolsome and start posting Simpsons and WWE images to make the TTG refugees at home.
Or you could choose "sailorcuteness" as your nickname if you'd rather. That would work too. ;)

Actually, there is one thing on this forum that I don't like which is the lack of go to newest post button. It really irks me, but I doubt that it'll be ever changed.

Actually, there is one thing on this forum that I don't like which is the lack of go to newest post button. It really irks me, but I doubt that it'll be ever changed.

Next to the thread title are the numbered pages in brackets. you can at least go to the last page. Try that "over there" now. they will always send you to page 1 of 469 or whatever.

I tend to click on last posted such and such link which takes me to the last post of the thread then I just have to remember how far I read to previously. The problem is worse on busy threads when sometimes pages have been posted since I last read it.

I'm managing. It's still better than what has become of the Telltale "community" section.

That really annoyed me too, so I started making a Greasemonkey script to kind of fix that. It's most definitely a work in progress that I haven't had time to improve much on lately, but if you want to try it (and the link works) here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k79hndmwg37saas/RrEGl2VndN

There's some save/load session functionality to use it between browsers that's hidden under the notepad in your control panel, but it doesn't give any sort of feedback. One severe draw is also that it doesn't free up memory, but I've been using it for a month, and I'm still only using a few kilobytes on the threads it monitors for me.

If you click on the button that says Posted x amount of time ago, the one right above the name of whoever posted last, it will take you to the latest post.

If you click on the button that says Posted x amount of time ago, the one right above the name of whoever posted last, it will take you to the latest post.
You, my good sir, have just earned yourself...

cookie.jpg

Yes, but not a link to the earliest /unread/ post.

Yeah, it doesn't have that, but he was asking for a newest post button, which it does have.

You, my good sir, have just earned yourself...

cookie.jpg

homer-donut-machine-simpsons.gif

Just so you newbies know, we have a chat room if you're interested. You can find all the information here. If you go into it and no one is there, don't freak out. Just post in that thread and someone will probably come along to chat with you. We don't get many idlers here. It's a pretty slow forum. Hopefully, you guys might liven it up though.

Guru, checking in! I might have to start watching my back here, now that I'm down on the level of you "common folk". Maybe if I stay on my best behavior here for a while, Puzzlebox can send over a recommendation for mod status. I totally have a clean track record! Never went mad with power or anything!

On the other hand, it's sort of refreshing to not have the responsibility. Maybe I'll just consider this place a well-earned vacation.

We don't have any community mods right now. Like I said, the forums are pretty slow, so the admins usually handle all the modding. I guess if enough of you come over at once they might make some mods though. Hot will be pissed if he isn't one of them though.

The best thing about the Double Fine forums: no "whatever's on your mind" thread. NOBODY RUIN THIS FOR ME.

And yeah, Leroy, I'd heard that there's a lack of mods over here. I was only teasing really, but if I get involved in the community, I'd probably be happy to step up if asked. I do have two and a half years experience moderating over at Telltale.

We don't have any community mods right now. Like I said, the forums are pretty slow, so the admins usually handle all the modding. I guess if enough of you come over at once they might make some mods though. Hot will be pissed if he isn't one of them though.

That shouldn't be necessary. Most of the regulars on the Telltale Games forums are a very decent lot. They'll definitely fit right in here. :)

The best thing about the Double Fine forums: no "whatever's on your mind" thread. NOBODY RUIN THIS FOR ME.
There's the Everybody Get Random thread, which is basically the Double Fine forum version of the Whatever thread. The Telltale forums gang has even started to infest it with Whatever madness.

I posted occasionally on the ol' TTG forums as "allaboardfilms" from 2010 on, and mostly [del]stole codes from the "give away your games" thread[/del] was a wonderful person and didn't take advantage of things. While I was never really part of the "community," (apart from the "City That Dares Not Sleep" waiting thread), it's been a shame to see the company I was so excited about for years become a shadow of its former self, games aside.

Jennifer, any plans to continue your "Replaying the Catalog" thread here? I loved that on the old site...

I posted occasionally on the ol' TTG forums as "allaboardfilms" from 2010 on, and mostly [del]stole codes from the "give away your games" thread[/del] was a wonderful person and didn't take advantage of things. While I was never really part of the "community," (apart from the "City That Dares Not Sleep" waiting thread), it's been a shame to see the company I was so excited about for years become a shadow of its former self, games aside.

Jennifer, any plans to continue your "Replaying the Catalog" thread here? I loved that on the old site...

Oh, I've been meaning to finish that (I had to re-install Windows and lost my saves from CSI: Hard Evidence and haven't found the motivation to pick it back up again).

But, yeah sure. I can bring it over here. :)

That should give me some much needed motivation to finish it. :)

There's the Everybody Get Random thread, which is basically the Double Fine forum version of the Whatever thread. The Telltale forums gang has even started to infest it with Whatever madness.
Your world is about to be shattered. http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/114/

Well...at least I don't have the crushing guilt of being the one responsible for this incarnation.

Woah. What's going on here? A Telltale army? Your invasion is most welcome. It's been getting a little quiet here in the DFAF wasteland lately.

Bummer to hear that Telltale is having some forum issues. But it will be nice to see some new faces around here.

i4Dc-J_mD7c

This is waay too civilized. Where's all the spam, weird topics and images?

I DEMAND A PROPER FORUM INVASION, 4CHAN STYLE!!!

:roll:

Jel, if we needed to scare them off I'd have turn into a feminism badger already. Besides, /tg isn't that bad. >8^[

you guys are weird

You haven't seen a classic Hot thread yet, have you?

You haven't seen a classic Hot thread yet, have you?
No, but he's seen a classic coolsome thread, and they are basically the same.

Now we just need coolsome here, and with Hot we'll have two coolsomes. Or two Hots. Or a Hot coolsome. ;)

i dunno who this coolsome guy is, but i don't like that he's aping my shtick. there's only one hot, accept no imitations

unless coolsome is a girl then please introduce me yes