Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Go to 7-11, put a cup under the fountain, push the vanilla button, push the coke button. Same can be done with cherry or uh... I don't remember the third option. I don't think it was lime, but I could be wrong.

I don't want to have to buy more shit or go to a gas station every time I want it. I want to make one purchase of a 24 pack of Coke with Lime. Not to pay for a 24 pack of Coke and then lime juice on top of it.

I don't want to have to buy more shit or go to a gas station every time I want it. I want to make one purchase of a 24 pack of Coke with Lime. Not to pay for a 24 pack of Coke and then lime juice on top of it.

tT91N.gif

I guess you're screwed then.

Doesn't lime juice cost like $1 a bottle? Pretty expensive if you go by oz per dollar, but since you're supposed to mix it, you can use 1 bottle on a lot of cans of coke.

I read all this stuff about limes and all I can think of is:

"One time I had a Jack and Coke and it had a lime in it, and the lime was floating. I tell you that's some good news. Next time I'm on a boat and it capsizes, I will reach for a lime. I'll be water-skiing without a life preserver on, and people will be like, what the hell? Then I will pull out a lime...and a lemon too! I'm saved by the buoyancy of citrus!!!"

s-MHEDBERG-large300.jpg

The first time I saw a recording of one of his shows I ended up laughing so hard I was crying. He just had this great way of presentation that I've never seen in any other comedian.

I don't care if it's not very expensive. It's still me having to spend more money to buy something that I should be able to get in one purchase.

Loved Mitch RIP.

What he's dead? Like I'm sorry I didn't know, I didn't really follow him, but I saw a few of his stand up acts on Comedy Central and he was amazing. Now I'm sad.

Yeah... the best always die young, I guess.

I don't care if it's not very expensive. It's still me having to spend more money to buy something that I should be able to get in one purchase.
They should sell 24 packs of coke w/ rum because this logic is too good.

I don't know why they don't already. You think that would have been something they tried a long time ago.

I don't know why they don't already. You think that would have been something they tried a long time ago.

5960.jpg

The fact of the matter is that Telltale has often been leaving us out in the cold, both on games and on news, and Puzzlebox does very little to alleviate the problem (regarding news). Yes, she's an employee and she is tasked to hold to the party line, but doing so makes her job as "voice to the community" rather moot.

Suffice it to say that I originally thought it was her job to provide a friendly face for the company so that TTG could improve their PR perception through direct interaction with the fans. But even if it's through no direct fault of her own as a result of TTG's tight hold on her, the end result is still such that they company looks cold, greedy and closed-minded as ever.

No disagreement with a lot of what you say here. Before puzzlebox can be the voice to the community, it's clear that Telltale has to find its voice to the community again first. Because it's pretty much lost in the void right now. Judging from the names you've mentioned, it has been quite a long time since you even felt those voices present anywhere, and I have about the same feeling about the matter. There were at least two names you did not mention, two people dedicated to community and PR work, and from just a bit of behind the scenes contact I'm certain that these two consecutive PR persons were very good at their job yet probably very frustrated that they weren't given the chance to do it properly (one of them justly got another PR job for TEH comics giant of the industry, just saying) and could not actually develop the same 'face' in the community many of the former community contacts could.

No idea if this will change any time soon, I REALLY hope it does. For puzzlebox' sake especially. The cast & crew video playthroughs of TWD might have been a beginning, I believe. They certainly helped giving puzz 'a face'. Of course, if you're not interested in TWD, it's unlikely that you were interested in those live sessions.

Frankly, to recruit their community person from the the community, that was a strike of genius from Telltale Games. They will just have to follow through with the idea before any advantage is lost.

Yeah... the best always die young, I guess.

George Carlin lived to be 71.

The Telltale Forums haven't been the same since Jake, Emily & Doug were there. Since they left or moved on there has been a huge vacuum of interaction with the fans. Back then I actually organised a gift basket of cool stuff that the fans all contributed to that I sent to telltale when they finished Sam and max season 2. There was a real love between the fans and those working there and I don't think they even realise what they are missing these days.

Jake told me on Twitter that all that time completely ceases to matter after a while. They don't care.

I'm thinking of posting my Let's Play of Simon the Sorcerer 3D over here.

Do you guys think the DoubleFiners are ready for it?

I don't know. Do you think they are ready of any of my Let's Plays?
No-one will ever be ready for your Let's Plays.

I'm thinking of posting my Let's Play of Simon the Sorcerer 3D over here.

Do you guys think the DoubleFiners are ready for it?

I think that would be great. I've actually linked to it on a couple of occasions. Don't know if anyone actually checked it out though.

OK. Lemme see if I can find the damn thing first - the Telltale site's search engine is useless.

Here are my mentions of it on this site, complete with links and everything:

The first Simon game is pretty good, the second one less so, but still entertaining and the third one is shit. If you're curious about Simon 3D, one of the mods at the Telltale Games forums has done a highly entertaining picture let's play of it.
I'm not a big fan of let's plays and can't remember ever watching one in its entirety. Still, there are a couple of image let's plays over at the Telltale Games forums that I think are pretty funny:

Let's Play 'Flight of the Amazon Queen'

Let's Play... Simon the Sorcerer 3D

I wouldn't mind seeing more stuff like that.

Google or equivalents are the only way to find things on the Telltale Games forums now.

The Telltale Forums haven't been the same since Jake, Emily & Doug were there. Since they left or moved on there has been a huge vacuum of interaction with the fans. Back then I actually organised a gift basket of cool stuff that the fans all contributed to that I sent to telltale when they finished Sam and max season 2. There was a real love between the fans and those working there and I don't think they even realise what they are missing these days.

I still have the titanium spork on my desk, just so you know! :)

I still have the titanium spork on my desk, just so you know! :)

Haha awesome! Hope all is well Doug :)

I visited the forum more on a unregular basis during the production of Bone and finally registered somewhere in 2006 due to the upcoming first season of Sam & Max. I guess this makes me a second wave user. Back in those days the forum felt like a pleasant and slightly different place with nice things happening and even cooler stuff looking forward to. It was a small nice bunch of people (i remember LuigiHann, Haggis and Secret Fawful, ...), the communication with the devs was friendly and Emily gave great comfy support.

Throughout the years things changed. TTG never tried to make awesome games, they screwed up the steering, watered down the experience, tried to attract non adventure gamers, got thin skinned about critics, more interesting people stepped into the background, less interesting people joined, people without the ability being mods got mods, ... it all went downhill and it was obvious that things will only get worse for them/their investors or their audience. Either they succeed in exchanging and enlarging their audience to a much larger Steam/console based not this traditional adventure focused crowd or they would have to stick to this unpleasant relationship with the fans whom walked with them so far.

It seems like they have a clear preference since quite some time and where serious money rolls in too. So, i wouldn't have been surprised if they decided to shut down the forum completely. Who enjoys the same people complaining about the same things at their place for years? In real life most people would get how pathetic this is but on the net it seems to be a different thing.