Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Of course he's gone mod with power? Have you ever had power and not gone mod!? It's boring!

Yes. I have. Because I'm no longer 12 years old.

Which is also why you proboly didn't recorgnise the quote.

Except it would have been "have you ever gone mod without power?"

That's hard, because in the dark, you might trip over something.

The problem is not the Simpsons. The problem is that it's from the horrible movie.

The movie was the best thing related to the Simpsons in the last 10 years.

The Simpsons Movie and Brick Like Me were the best two stories The Simpsons has delivered in years. Neither hold up to the standards of the first 10 or so years (as both have classic moments that are unfortunately drowned out by Flanderization), so I can see why people wouldn't like them, but they're just as good as the early 2000's run, which is much better than The Simpsons has been in recent years.

The movie was the best thing related to the Simpsons in the last 10 years.

Doesn't even typing that make you depressed?

Thankfully, I can't say the same. Weird Al was on again within the past decade. Phew.

I just played episode 3 of The Walking Dead: Season One because I stopped playing half way through episode 3 on Steam because my old computer only worked sometimes when playing it through Steam and when it did I had to turn the graphic settings all the way down and the graphics were garbled. So, I thought I'd play through it today to get the Steam achievements.

I forgot this was the episode with the dream sequence. After playing Clementine in season two, it was interesting playing the RV sequence from Lee's perspective. Plus, it gives me even more appreciation for the finale of The Walking Dead: Season Two now that I know how well it tied in with that sequence.

I looked back at Marsden's script for an intro to a Futurama game. God, it's still hilarious.

Repost Please.

Scene: The Meeting Room. Bender, Fry and Leela are sitting around the table.

Fry: Huh. I wonder where the Professor is.

Leela: Yeah. he said he had some big announcement.

Fry: Oo! Maybe he's finally getting that hair transplant!

Bender: He said big, not stupid, stupid.

Fry: They're not mutually exclusive!

Professor Farnsworth enters

Farnsworth: What's not mentally expensive?

Leela: Never you mind. What's the good news?

Prof: Good news? Oh yes! Good news, everyone! Some formerly talented video games company is making a bunch of games about us!

ALL: Yay!

Zoidberg leans in through a window that shouldn't be there and will in fact not be next time the camera pans past the wall

Zoidberg: Hurray! Finally Zoidberg's dream of a fish eating minigame has come true!

Fry: So what type of game is it, Professor? Another platformer?

Leela: I hope not. The last one wasn't very good.

Bender: Speak for yourself. I was very happy with the senseless mutilation and destruction of innocent creatures, heh heh.

Fry: Yeah! And I got to shoot stuff! Shooting stuff is fun AND useful!

Farnsworth: Oh my, no. None of that, I'm afraid.

BENDER & FRY: Aww...

Farnsworth: No, this one's going to be a heap of adventure games!

Fry: Wait, does those make me use my brain thingy?

Bender: And I don't get to jump around and smash things?

Farnsworth: No, you have to use things with other things to make all new things! Oh, it's like a dream come true!

Fry: Aw, that's no fun at all! I wanna see stuff go kablouey!

Leela: Maybe you'll get to combine items to make a 'kablouey', whatever that is.

Fry: Aww, you always know just what to say.

Bender: Oo, oo, maybe you can combine me with a girder and I can bend it! I'm good at that!

Farnsworth: Oh now, let's not get too excited. These things have to be easy to solve so more people will buy them.

Fry: Cool! Easy stuff is more fun!

Farnsworth: Yes, it'll probably be full of puzzles like picking up that universal doohickey on the table there.

The game instructs you to pick up the 'Universal Doohickey' from the table.

Fry: Like that?

Farnsworth: Yes, I suspect that's probably as complicated as things will get.

Fry: I'm not sure I like things being THAT easy. What would I use it on?

Farnsworth: Oh, I don't have time for your shenanigans. Try using it on someone else.

The game instructs you to use it on Zoidberg, who's now inside the room. The window has completely vanished. Using the item on Zoidberg makes Fry walk up to him, hold the doohickey in his hand for a second while he ponders it, then throw it at Zoidberg's head.

Zoidberg: Ow! What was that for?

Fry: I dunno, the game made me do it.

Zoidberg: I don't like this game any more. I'm going to go and practice for my fish eating minigame.

Zoidberg makes to leave from the window, but of course it's not there. He shrugs and walks out the door instead.

Fry: Wow. Adventure games are fun.

Awesome. I was hoping that Dave Grossman was quitting Telltale to make classic adventure games again. It appears that he is, as he's going to be co-designing Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbucker!

I'm now officially 150% excited for this game, and really hope this news is enough to make the Kickstarter succeed. As I said, I love Dave Grossman's puzzle design, and it appears that he wasn't happy with the removal of puzzles from Telltale's games (since he wasn't credited as design director since the release of The Walking Dead). It will be great to see him be able to get back into his element again. :)

A game where I have to win the love of three women? Yeah, I'm not interested.

A game where I have to win the love of three women? Yeah, I'm not interested.

Yeah, I'm not sure it was a good idea of them to just put that there on the main page of the campaign without any explanations or context. It's explained a bit more in update #2 though:

Now some people have asked if the gameplay is going to be like Leisure Suit Larry and I want to clear that up and say no, not at all. Although Duke is going to try and pass this test, he is terrible at it. Duke doesn't really even know what "sea-duecing" is. I don’t want to spoil the plot too much, but ultimately Duke is such a naturally good guy he will eventually end up earning the respect of three women by helping them out with various tasks and quests. Grateful for his much-needed help, these three women will in turn help Duke convince his slovenly crew that Duke is indeed a "true swashbuckler."

"Dave will help us make sure our puzzles are fun, logical, challenging but not too hard."

Yeah, at least they know how adventure gamers tick, being afraid of that adventures are too hard certainly was the biggest concern in the last couple of years. Adding the doing it three times formula, ... it probably will feel like a TTG adventure. I wonder if Grossman targets a complexity above his mother in law level with this one.

Tiller should do himself a favour and precise how long you'll be able to play. The once stated 1/4 of AVS, which only was half of a game gamelength wise, sounds less than 2-4 hours and more like a tech demo or a slightly shorter TTG' episode. This very much depends on how complex the puzzles are again but, hey, we don't want them too complex!

Regarding whining about three women blabla, this is what you get when you're starting such witch-hunts, mostly not the brightest in the audience (no idea what Mr. Nutt was after exactly but it reminded me of stuff i've read elsewhere, embarrassing that they felt the need to explain themselves) will react in such ways and maybe hurt devs who have nothing in common with this crap but honestly it was forseeable, history tends to repeat itself.

Apart from this it's a nice update with some substance and surprises.

Thanks for that quote, Flesk. My interest was piqued when I heard that Dave got onboard yesterday, but if I hadn't spotted your post just before watching the pitch video, I would've been turned off.

Thanks, Flesk. That definitely changes things for me. This project is getting my £9.16! ($15)

Edit: Hey, I got a message from them! Let's see...

Thank you for your pledge, Mr. Nutt! Hope you can do a Let's Play of our game some day in the future! Welcome aboard.

I've been ID'd! Every man for himself!

I got a message from them too!

Thank you for your pledge, Chris! We saw that you have backed a lot of good adventure games on Kickstarter. We appreciate that you chose us!

...I think they might not be robots, as I originally suspected, but are instead actual, living people.

This scares me!

...I think they might not be robots, as I originally suspected, but are instead actual, living people.

This scares me!

If it's automated, the message is slightly different depending on tier:

Thank you for your generous pledge, Cheeseness! We're glad you liked what you saw here. Welcome aboard!

I think I probably wouldn't have put The Force Unleashed II on my public résumé. Professional? Yes, but when you're pitching a game to fans... ehhhh Maybe not.

I think I probably wouldn't have put The Force Unleashed II on my public résumé. Professional? Yes, but when you're pitching a game to fans... ehhhh Maybe not.

Ugh....that game's levels are so long and repetitive.

Thank you for your pledge, Mr. Nutt! Hope you can do a Let's Play of our game some day in the future! Welcome aboard.
Thank you for your pledge, Chris! We saw that you have backed a lot of good adventure games on Kickstarter. We appreciate that you chose us!
Thank you for your generous pledge, Cheeseness! We're glad you liked what you saw here. Welcome aboard!

Ok, since everyone else is sharing them, here's mine:

Thank you for backing us, flask! We admire your icon of 3D bacon! It makes us hungry.

They got the name wrong but I appreciate that they are fellow bacon enthusiasts.