Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Groovy. I'm glad this keeps going. I'm proud to be known as that guy whom

died awesomely

in the first TMM.

Groovy. I'm glad this keeps going. I'm proud to be known as that guy whom

had his brains bashed in by a fireplace poker and thrown down a staircase

in the first TMM.

Elaborated.

Just read some stuff about upcoming TTG stuff ...

... but then i thought "Wouldn't it be cool if Purcell/Pixar would work on a witty cruel Sam & Max movie, for grownups?!"

Ahh, the potential, this could be so much fun.

How about a witty Sam & Max trailer that looks to be the best Pixar movie yet but turns out that Purcell is just screwing with everyone. That would fulfill the cruel part.

Seriously though, Who's guessing the next set of games they reveal will be a bunch of licensed interactive movies?

Actually Sam & Max Hit The Road was one of those (few) adventures where the interactive part really added something to the experience. It was fun to try out things due to the hilarious comments or even triggering unexpected results. Such a simple but wonderful and honest humor.

Goodbye, you nutsy primitive man-beast, you!

I'll be honest. My problem with Hit the Road is that it's too open and doesn't give you clear destinations. Monkey Island for all it's stupid puzzles gives you a set area to travel around and doesn't force you to try figure out where you need to go from a map and in which order you have to go to the places.

I'll be honest. My problem with Hit the Road is that it's too open and doesn't give you clear destinations. Monkey Island for all it's stupid puzzles gives you a set area to travel around and doesn't force you to try figure out where you need to go from a map and in which order you have to go to the places.

You're a moron.

I found it very clear where I ment to go the game tells you and when you unlock an area you go there next to check it out.

Also it's the same as the map in MI 2 really

monkey-island-2-map.jpg

theres no set path you can do it in pretty much any order.

Well I don't know , just for some reason, I always just lose interest in finishing it and then going to play Save the World or Beyond Time & Space.

I'm sorry, I'm being really rude. You're entitled to your own tastes.

But god DAMN IT. I haven't read anything in weeks that made me that red in the face that fast. How boring is it to go from one thing to another linearly with literally nothing to space it out? You don't have any control over the game anymore, then! Then the game is controlling you and where you go! It's terrible!

Whoa Whoa Whoa. I'm not saying the game needs to be extremely linear. I'm saying for an Adventure Game, Hit the Road's openness just sort of makes me lose interest after a little while. That's only my own personal taste when it comes to Adventure Games. If anything, it's probably the fact that since I've played the TTG games first that I'm just not used to Hit the Road's gameplay. That's not to say Hit the Road isn't good. It is great, with a lot of great humor and puzzles, just personally, I prefer the TTG games.

You could have played Hit The Road with a map from another game.

Maybe you would have ended up in Moonglow, somehow.

The driving game completely sucks and there is a lack of interactivity which can be annoying, like, you want to go somewhere but half a second later you want to go somewhere else or just speed things up but you can't interrupt and instead you have to wait and watch the animation. Some scenes also feel like there was less budget available than for the MI games but adventure related Hit The Road is way ahead of TTG's Sam & Max games. It's one solid game, the humor is great, the dialogues are good, there are interesting and weird characters, ...

I'm still unsure about many characters in TTG's versions. Were they put into the games to primary bore and annoy people or did they really think that they were interesting?

Yep but nonetheless it was really (like, really really really) bad.

I'm sorry, I'm being really rude. You're entitled to your own tastes.

But god DAMN IT. I haven't read anything in weeks that made me that red in the face that fast. How boring is it to go from one thing to another linearly with literally nothing to space it out? You don't have any control over the game anymore, then! Then the game is controlling you and where you go! It's terrible!

I think you're missing the point. I perceived that the problem was more that the game is split up into too many smaller locations. I've never seen a Monkey Island game with a map that had as many choices as the Hit the Road map. And I don't know, maybe that's an illusion to me, because Hit the Road has one big map that more options appear on, where Secret avoids the problem by having two halves of the game with their own maps, and LeChuck's Revenge hides the problem by splitting the world map into three sections.

And I say problem because this is the exact problem I have with Hit the Road, and only Hit the Road.

Guru hit it right on the head. That is my biggest problem with Hit the Road. There's far too many smaller locations in a massive map.

Not to mention that several locations on the map Hit the Road don't physically appear on it unless you've completed a specific puzzle, making it often unclear what to do next or where to do it.

Actually it's the other way around, you start with a limited number of locations and once your solve certain puzzles/situations which push the story, new destination(s) in context with the progression of the story show up on the map. If you think this is confusing/complex then you shouldn't play games were you really needed a map (and which often wasn't available then).

Plus you don't need to go to all 3 Snuckies only one of them (any) for the

cup bathroom key and jar open

If you want all 3 mini games though then you need to visit them all.

Hmm, i remember lots of cool stuff i couldn't buy at Snuckies and that the rasp was hard to get because it was an uncommon and rather hard timed puzzle (if you didn't know what to do).

Hmm, i remember lots of cool stuff i couldn't buy at Snuckies and that the rasp was hard to get because it was an uncommon and hard timed puzzle.

Huh You ask for the bathroom key he gets it goes out and then you follow. Max walks there and back so there's plenty of time.

Nope, if i remember things correctly you needed to position Sam right next to Max within a certain time, otherwise it didn't work and Max continued entering the store (once more).

Nope, if i remember things correctly you needed to position Sam right next to Max within time, otherwise it didn't work and Max entered the store (once again).

Hang on I have a save where I didn't get the key so I'll test.

Okay ... :o)

That's how i remember it, i needed a couple of times to get it right, primary to get the idea that this could be the issue.

Hurrying out of the store.

Placing Sam correctly.

Waiting for the right moment when Max walks by and interact with him. -> success

But if you ask too late or don't confront him at the right position, Max leaves. -> no success

Somewhat relevent on WWE 2k15 you can upload any image and use it as a tattoo on your created wrestler. I'm gonna use a screen shot from Sam and Max Hit the Road as one cos no one else (unless someone here likes WWE and will steal my idea) will have thought of it!