Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

And now for something completely different - an actually quite amusing Ctrl-Alt-Del comic. SHOCK!

cad-20141224-75016.png

That's funny. Especially when you realize

7 8 9

And now for something completely different - an actually quite amusing Ctrl-Alt-Del comic. SHOCK!

cad-20141224-75016.png

7 8 9

Oh great, now Telltale has to change the storyline of the series, and we're going to have to wait four or five more months for the next episode. Thanks a lot!

Adventure Gamers has an interview with Dave Grossman up (interviewed by former Telltale community manager Emily Morganti, no less), where he talks about leaving Telltale, joining Reactive Studios as chief creative officer on their interactive audio dramas, working with Bill Tiller on Duke Grabowski: Mighty Swashbuckler, and hints at future projects. On the subject of the latter, he's going to be helping out with another game project that had a successful Kickstarter, but he can't talk about that yet.

An interesting thing about that article is that Brian Moriarty (Loom designer, designer of the first version of The Dig, and designer of text adventure games at Infocom) is on the advisory board at Reactive Studios too, and Dave hints that they'll be adding puzzles into the games at some point to try an audio version of a text adventure since they have the verb noun parser for speech recognition in place already. I'm pretty excited for this actually, as this is the direction I was hoping they'd head in when they got Dave Grossman on board, and having Brian Moriarty onboard too is just icing on the cake.

I'm not to sure what kind of difference this will make to the company that's recent motto seems to be "just say yes".

You can almost feel the gamma waves. All this, brain power, TTG has to offer. Looking at the results, some of these brains might be distracted though (xxx?). Anyway they might want to change the company's name to Dramatic Dreams as well.

And Not Make Dreams Your Master

I don't want to be trapped in this one.

I prefer Barbarella dreaming of spiders.

It's no doubt Telltale has been a success as a company.. but look at all the people they lost getting there:

Dan Connors

Jake Rodkin

Justin Chin

Dave Grossman

Mike Stemmle

Brendan Ferguson

Harrison Pink

Chuck Jordan

Sean Vanaman

That's a damn talented group of people...

Dan Connors is still around, he is just on the advising board now.

The Advising Board is a long way from being the CEO.. Dan did setup the company and run it for 10 years... and he no longer is..

cad-20141224-75016.png

7 8 9

Oh great, now Telltale has to change the storyline of the series, and we're going to have to wait four or five more months for the next episode. Thanks a lot!

There are two bite marks.

It was actually (3 and 4).

Whelp, I was vaguely interested until I read that. Thanks for the heads up.

It's Lionsgate doing it with them, so it'll probably be about The Hunger Games

Maybe someone suggested: "Hey folks, let's team up and combine our pitiful writing skills and fetish for worn out presentation and bugs with your mess. You for sure have some fuck around as we do?!" And let's roll in some bucks from those idiots out there."

Now we know they clearly never made any other games.

I'm surprised Jurassic Dildo isn't in there.

Yeah. Somehow I don't think you'd be more content had they also included the two preceding games. :)

Yeah. Somehow I don't think you'd be more content had they also included the two preceding games. :)

To be honest the games in there are on the same level as Jurassic Donger anyway. It's a perfect fit.

But since everyone hated that piece of crap game, it doesn't fit into their historical revisionism that implies they've only ever made critically lauded blockbusters.

I mean, someone might even get the idea that they've ever made a game about a dog and a rabbity thing. We can't have that.

Now we know they clearly never made any other games.

Or maybe those are just all the games Telltale has available on Xbox One right now? You don't see too many companies porting stuff older than a couple of years to new consoles.

Steam is a different story... the Telltale Collection there includes a full decade of history. Every single Telltale game available on that platform, from Bone right up to Game of Thrones.

But since everyone hated that piece of crap game [Jurassic Park], it doesn't fit into their historical revisionism that implies they've only ever made critically lauded blockbusters.

Shame you missed the Telltale GDC thing two days ago where the panel moderator said he really liked Jurassic Park and Kevin Bruner pretty much responded with "dude, Jurassic Park sucked" (to laughter and applause), and went on to detail what the company came away with from that. It was streamed online, and should be available via GDC Vault later on if you're interested in checking it out.

The PAX East Storytime Session Kevin is doing with Dan Connors tomorrow should be interesting too: lots of historical content about personal stories, working at LucasArts, how they formed Telltale, their learning experiences on different games, and what brought them to where they are today. In terms of Telltale-specific history, I think they're going right back to Telltale Texas Hold 'Em (which is also in the Telltale Collection on Steam). But let's gloss over that hour-long panel ENTIRELY focused on Telltale (and pre-Telltale) history so we can keep pretending that the company ignores everything they did before The Walking Dead, right? ;)

I really hope the PAX East session is streamed... I'm a little sad I'm going to miss it, but also pretty happy not to be flying to frozen-over Boston right after GDC!

Anyway! In other vaguely Telltale-related news, Telltale alum Adam Hines is now working on a super cool looking game called Oxenfree that I can't wait to play. Aside from Adam's involvement in the project,

I have to say, puzzlebox, you picked the right time to join Telltale Games, and that's without any sarcasm. I'm pretty critical of the company and the engine they use, but holy shit anyone who joined before or around the Walking Dead era made a great business decision.

It's not easy for me to say that in a non-backhanded way, though, I admit.

Aww Fawful, I appreciate the non-backhanded sentiment! I loved what the company was doing way back when I played Tales from Monkey Island in 2009, and though the games definitely have a different focus now, I still love what they're doing and have absolutely zero regrets about getting on board. I know a lot of folks here aren't keen on the new stuff, but that's cool, everyone's entitled to their own tastes and opinions. It's definitely by far and away the best place I've ever worked, and you're right, I'm ridiculously lucky to be here. :)

Shame you missed the Telltale GDC thing two days ago where the panel moderator said he really liked Jurassic Park and Kevin Bruner pretty much responded with "dude, Jurassic Park sucked" (to laughter and applause),

Now you did it. They are going to make an animated gif out of that and post it until the official end of internet forums. :)

I'm just gonna make it clear that I don't hate Telltale's games. I really don't. In fact, I've played and completed TWD Seasons 1 & 2 and The Wolf Among Us twice now. The only game I can say that I am truly uninterested in is Game of Thrones because, since I've never seen the show, I'm assuming the game is gonna pick up somewhere in the show's history and I'm not gonna have a clue who these characters are.

Fair enough, that was the case of Fables, since that included characters I didn't know since I've never read the comics but to be fair, since TWAU still featured characters that were twists on fairy tales, and myths, it wasn't so bad since I could still get these character twists and grow to enjoy the characters. With Game of Thrones though, meh, I just don't know. I do have the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands on Xbox 360 and I did enjoy the more comedy focus in that.

It's just, while I enjoy these games, I don't enjoy them as much as TTG's old games and I seriously don't agree with how much they keep trying to claim it's a massive progression on Adventure Games because when the gameplay keeps getting more and more limited to QTE's then I begin to consider it as an interactive movie more.