Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Just imagine. DC and Batman have the Arkham series and Arkham Knight. Marvel....they're going to have a interactive movie from TTG. -sigh-

I'm gonna take a guess right now and say it's a Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D game.

We need to throw an awesome kegger just for the guys who migrated from Telltale.

Anyone?!

Oh please. Yes of course.

www.silverwolfpet.com

Not sure whether he still has that Ubisoft software tester job, but he's definitely hard at work to revive a form of his Ask a Monkeyologist videos, and he's filming himself crazy trying to pull off an entire Season of his "Inspecteur Plustard" movies at once.

Oh, you can't just say that and not provide a link! I miss the antics of Doodo! like crazy. Please do share, Vainamoinen.

Also, I remember what he looked like, so I may be able to confirm or deny whether it's him or not.

I have it 97% confirmed right now because he posted... a thing. Of some doodo!ish magnitude. And that's why I absolutely won't share. SORRY. Just, rest assured, he's still around and he does doodo! things. And things are actually looking up for him, somewhat. No mention of back pain. YET.

Oh please. Yes of course.

www.silverwolfpet.com

Thanks, I never would have been able to figure that out for myself. Unless I'd actually been bothered to spent all of 30 seconds doing a Google search. Man, am I lazy!

I have it 97% confirmed right now because he posted... a thing. Of some doodo!ish magnitude. And that's why I absolutely won't share. SORRY. Just, rest assured, he's still around and he does doodo! things. And things are actually looking up for him, somewhat. No mention of back pain. YET.

*grumble* Keeping all the fun for yourself. I see how it is!

Just imagine. DC and Batman have the Arkham series and Arkham Knight. Marvel....they're going to have a interactive movie from TTG. -sigh-
Marvel had the BEST Lego game ever, and if you dare question that statement I will hit you until you change your mind. And then hit you again for good measure.

And if anyone mentions the Lego Batman games I will hit you as well. Bleh.

Marvel had the BEST Lego game ever, and if you dare question that statement I will hit you until you change your mind. And then hit you again for good measure.

True, but if I had to pick a game to never play again between Superheroes, Asylum, Origins and City... Sorry Marvel, but you'd lose.

I know a few devils who are a pain in my back.

Yeah, me, after I hit you with my car.

Well, that could have been you. But it could have been a schoolchild. Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

True, but if I had to pick a game to never play again between Superheroes, Asylum, Origins and City... Sorry Marvel, but you'd lose.

You'd pick Arkham Origins over LMSH?

...really?

Yes. I didn't have a problem with it. I enjoyed it once it worked.

Enjoying Origins myself, just bought it a month or so ago on the big Batman sale or whatever. It doesn't have the killer writing of the other games, but it's definitely better than I imagined, especially after what people had been saying. I wasn't expecting any advanced features beyond what City gave us, yet there were some interesting additions. Not quite finished with it yet, though. I'm near the end.

F**k that s**t.

Yep, pretty much. It's the way that TellTale chases after endless hot properties that gets my goat.

"Ooohhhh... what's popular right now? How can we best choose an IP that will allow us to milk the cash cow? How can we piss away the last of our artistic integrity?"

I mean, they're clearly choosing pre-existing, immensely popular intellectual properties and then adapting them to their non-gameplay based mold. That's not called being creative. That's just being some kind of creatively bankrupt factory. A conveyer belt of identikit clones, the only difference being the logo of something popular slapped on it.

True creativity is having a spark of an idea, building upon it and then crafting your vision out of that. Telltale seem to work backwards from that principle. It's the very opposite of creativity.

I wouldn't mind if they mixed these juggernauts of profit with the occasional game that comes from the heart; an original property or even a new Sam & Max game. Something that doesn't either pander to the unwashed masses' tastes or to the teenies, who don't want any kind of a challenge whilst "playing" a game. They could surely easily afford to do this - but they don't. They have truly become the definition of a sellout.

Honestly though, it doesn't bother me too much. As long as there's always developers such as Double Fine creating beautiful and creative titles, I'll forever be a happy bunny.

That looked awful.

That looked exactly like a freaking playable machina video. I mean just wow. I thought they couldn't get any lower after GoT's Uncanny Valley characters but wow.

The story sounds too serious, too generic, and too uninteresting. I have played Minecraft thanks, I know you can create your own sword. Why? BECAUSE IT'S CALLED MineCRAFT. AS IN CRAFT YOUR OWN ITEMS.

It actually sounds like a Walking Dead clone. A overly serious story about some new guy leading a specific group of people after a incident occurs that causes them to have to run. There's even a scene where two characters are being surrounded on a bridge by Creepers, with Zombies right behind them. EXACTLY LIKE IN SEASON 2 OF TWD.

This game looks terrible. It's a Minecraft game, that game which is lighthearted, and is always filled with lighthearted stuff, and yet Telltale are trying to copy and paste it's world into another generic epic story.

I was actually looking forward to this thinking it would be fun and goofy. What the fuck are they doing?

Nooooope. As usual. But extra so today. It's like all those not serious epic Minecraft machinima or live action videos on YouTube that are just funny once and get old fast except Telltale thought it'd be successful as its own game. Stupid.

Nooooope. As usual. But extra so today. It's like all those not serious epic Minecraft machinima or live action videos on YouTube that are just funny once and get old fast except Telltale thought it'd be successful as its own game.

It will be successful though. It'll be very successful indeed. Won't be any good of course but it will be successful. I understand that you're looking at it in terms of 'success=quality' but that's not why Telltale are creating these games. From their point of view 'money=success' and as long as they're raking it in, they'll forever be of the mind that they're on the right path. Which they are, given that they have no desire to be genuinely creative and instead dream of hosting an orgy atop a big pile of cash.

TellTale are now no different to the vast majority of those who produce entertainment; soulless. Frankly, I've got better things to concern myself with. You know, like artists who make things for the love of it and all that jazz.

... they have no desire to be genuinely creative and instead dream of hosting an orgy atop a big pile of cash.

Not a bad idea, that last bit.

Now that you mention it; that is a fairly admirable ambition.

Fair play, TellTale. Fair play.

Now that you mention it; that is a fairly admirable ambition.

Fair play, TellTale. Fair play.

GO0JaecRWy0

The 'community' seems concerned...

UKR83cI.png

Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

The 'community' seems concerned...

UKR83cI.png

I'm sorry. You're serious?

Allow me to laugh harder.

This just reinforces how stupid some of the community is now.

This just reinforces how stupid some of the community is now.

I wouldn't say stupid, just lacking perspective. Chances are this person hopped onboard with The Walking Dead and has no idea of the Telltale community's history (which is what makes this so poignant) or much familiarity with the comparatively diverse range of IPs/gameplay Telltale has worked with before.

Yeah! A bunch of Homestar Runner kids are gonna come over to our community! Not good!

Or is it Jurassic Park fans? Walking Dead fans? Game of Thrones fans?

Seriously, this happens every two years or so. I'm actually legitimately curious what property this particular user rode in with.

As for the game, I'm not sure what makes me feel worse, seeing Patton Oswalt's name attached to it or seeing it called an adventure game.

Also, this looks like a rip-off of The Lego Movie combined with a zombie flick.

At the end of the day, all we can really say about this is: we don't give a fuck.

At the end of the day, all we can really say about this is: we don't give a fuck.

Such truth. Such abiding truth in our times of despair. Bless you.