Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

...this looks like a rip-off of The Lego Movie combined with a zombie flick.

That same thought occurred to me. You can almost see the bigwigs over at TellTale noticing the monetary success of The Lego Movie and saying...

BIGWIG #1 - "We need a slice of that pie but we're unable to obtain the rights to Lego. What's the next best/closest thing?"

BIGWIG #2 - - "Oohhh, I know! Minecraft."

BIGWIG #1 - "You've done it again, Jim. Genius!"

BIGWIG #2 - "Damn straight. With Minecraft, we'll be able to fund our cocaine and hooker habit for at least another five years."

INTERN - "Um, if I may interject; is Minecraft really suited to the Telltale mold? I mean, it's really not a concept that supports our cut & paste, story based model."

BIGWIGS #1 & #2 - "YOU'RE FIRED!"

INTERN - *sigh*

BIG WIG #1 - "Send the hooker in, on your way out."

At the end of the day, all we can really say about this is: we don't give a fuck.

Such truth. Such abiding truth in our times of despair. Bless you.

Oh hey there MI. Haven't seen you around in a while.

...this looks like a rip-off of The Lego Movie combined with a zombie flick.

That same thought occurred to me. You can almost see the bigwigs over at TellTale noticing the monetary success of The Lego Movie and saying...

BIGWIG #1 - "We need a slice of that pie but we're unable to obtain the rights to Lego. What's the next best/closest thing?"

BIGWIG #2 - - "Oohhh, I know! Minecraft."

BIGWIG #1 - "You've done it again, Jim. Genius!"

BIGWIG #2 - "Damn straight. With Minecraft, we'll be able to fund our cocaine and hooker habit for at least another five years."

INTERN - "Um, if I may interject; is Minecraft really suited to the Telltale mold? I mean, it's really not a concept that supports our cut & paste, story based model."

BIGWIGS #1 & #2 - "YOU'RE FIRED!"

INTERN - *sigh*

BIG WIG #1 - "Send the hooker in, on your way out."

Oh, let me try!

BIGWIG #1 - Alright men, we need new video game ideas. Be as lazy and uninspiring as possible. I would like to remind you of what the chart says

BIGWIG #2 - It appears our biggest audience is still with us. That can only mean one thing. THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 4!

BIGWIG #1 - GENIUS! But with the success of our latest game, The Walking Dead: Electric Boogaloo, we have enough money for a side project.

INTERN - Sir! I have an idea!

BIGWIG #1 - And what would that be?

INTERN - tumblr_log26xZhT91qhh31vo1_400.gif

BIGWIG #2 - ....Get out.

BIGWIG #1 - So.....Walking Dead Side Series it is then?

BIGWIG 1: You like potato and I like potahto

BIGWIG 2: You like tomato and I like tomahto

BIGWIG 1: Potato, potahto,

BIGWIG 2: tomato, tomahto.

BOTH: Let's call the whole thing off

BIGWIG 1: So if you like pyjamas and I like pyjahmas,

BIGWIG 2: I'll wear pyjamas and give up pyajahmas

BIGWIG 1: For we know we need each other so we

BIGWIG 2: Better call the whole thing off

BOTH: Let's call the whole thing off.

BIGWIG 1: You say laughter and I say larfter

BIGWIG 2: You say after and I say arfter

BIGWIG 1: Laughter, larfter, after, arfter,

BOTH: Let's call the whole thing off,

BIGWIG 1: You like vanilla and I like vanella

BIGWIG 2: You saspiralla, and I saspirella

BIGWIG 1: Vanilla, vanella, chocolate, strawberry

BOTH: Let's call the whole thing off

BIGWIG 1: So if you go for oysters and I go for ersters

BIGWIG 2: I'll order oysters and cancel the ersters

BIGWIG 2: Better call the calling off off,

BIGWIG 1: I say father, and you say pater,

BIGWIG 2: I saw mother and you say mater

BIGWIG 1: Pater, mater, uncle, auntie

BIGWIG 1: I like bananas and you like banahnahs

BIGWIG 2: I say havana and I get havahnah

BIGWIG 1: Bananas, banahnahs. havana, havahnah

BOTH: Go your way, I'll go mine

BIGWIG 1: So if I go for scallops and you go for lobsters,

BIGWIG 2: So all right no contest we'll order lobseter

BIGWIG 2: Better call the calling off off,

BIGWIG #1 - I like turtles!

BIGWIG #2 - SHUT THE F**K UP!

INTERN - I think this whole bigwig/intern thing has run its course.

BIGWIGS #1 & #2 - We know...

BIGWIG #1 - I like turtles!

BIGWIG #2 - SHUT THE F**K UP!

INTERN - I think this whole bigwig/intern thing has run it's course.

BIGWIGS #1 & #2 - We know...

BIGWIGS #1 & #2 - But as long as there's a profit to be had in doing the same crap over and over and over again, by God, we'll do the s**t out of it!

BIGWIGS #1 & #2 - But as long as there's a profit to be had in doing the same crap over and over and over again, by God, we'll do the s**t out of it!

1jlvd5.jpg

"Well played, clerks Noname. Well played."

I've decided to play Minecraft: Story Mode just to fuck with the haters. If all else fails, I will enjoy JEJ's music. This should finally give him more of a musical playground again... he's been missing one I guess.

And, really, the outpour's not just Walking Dead Telltale 'newbies'. A good chunk of these people came for Game of Thrones... I'm not kidding. All that "Telltale abandons us fans who made them what they are" crap again, this time from late 2014ers.

I've decided to play Minecraft: Story Mode just to fuck with the haters. If all else fails, I will enjoy JEJ's music. This should finally give him more of a musical playground again... he's been missing one I guess.

And, really, the outpour's not just Walking Dead Telltale 'newbies'. A good chunk of these people came for Game of Thrones... I'm not kidding. All that "Telltale abandons us fans who made them what they are" crap again, this time from late 2014ers.

You know what they say, "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

I agree it's pretty ridiculous. It also reminds me of how people reacted to Wolf Among Us when it's new iteration with the incorporation of Walking Dead gameplay was revealed alongside Season 2 of Walking Dead. Telltale's new fan base loves it now, but the blood-lust towards that game was pretty strong back when they revealed the reworked version. Heck, they even came around for the Borderlands game which surprisingly does have a good story that isn't just about memes and guns like people expected it to be.

Wolf Among Us is honestly the last Telltale game I remember really liking.

I'm really surprised as I played Borderlands 2 for a bit and didn't like it very much, but I'm actually liking Tales of the Borderlands more than The Wolf Among Us, and The Walking Dead: Season One so far. I really liked The Wolf Among Us and the first season of The Walking Dead (but not so much the second, the only episode I liked in that season was the finale), but Tales from the Borderlands is just hitting all of the right notes for me, with a great story and a perfect blend between drama and comedy.

I've honestly reached a point of apathy where I own Wallace and Gromit, Jurassic Park, the 400 Days DLC for TWD Season 1, and The Wolf Among Us, I've never played any of them, and I can't be bothered to touch them.

I really should want to play Wallace and Gromit, but I've gotten to where the idea of playing a new Telltale game (even though I know it's only new to me) leaves me with a pit in my stomach.

I really need the next episode of Life is Strange to come out. Dontnod is making exactly the sort of game that Telltale is trying to make, but it's actually really good.

I really need the next episode of Life is Strange to come out. Dontnod is making exactly the sort of game that Telltale is trying to make, but it's actually really good.

*watches trailer and a snippet of a let's play*

That looks... really good.

*hopes for a GOG release*

I've honestly reached a point of apathy where I own Wallace and Gromit, Jurassic Park, the 400 Days DLC for TWD Season 1, and The Wolf Among Us, I've never played any of them, and I can't be bothered to touch them.

I really should want to play Wallace and Gromit, but I've gotten to where the idea of playing a new Telltale game (even though I know it's only new to me) leaves me with a pit in my stomach.

W&G was really good though. My favourite was the 2nd episode.

Mine too! The basement resort had a really nice atmosphere to it.

ehh.... if you say so.

I didn't really care for it. Maybe the humor was too dry.

Did anyone else on here actually enjoy The Wolf Among Us? Cause I did. I'm a massive fan of the kind of atmosphere they pulled off.

ehh.... if you say so.

Maybe the humor was too dry.

Well I am English Xp

Did anyone else on here actually enjoy The Wolf Among Us? Cause I did. I'm a massive fan of the kind of atmosphere they pulled off.

It's the only post Sam & Max Season 3 game I can say is really great enough to go through twice. TWD took a lot of effort to go back through after the first playthrough. The Wolf Among Us had a great story and very likeable characters with a lot of depth to them. Bigby was a great main character, and was the only real time in a TTG where it felt like your actions actually had an effect.

You could either play it with Bigby being a selfish asshole who loves causing mayhem and couldn't care less about Fabletown, or you can play it as a lone wolf who's looking for a chance of redemption, and at the end, your choices for once finally make a realistic effect by showing who likes and who hates Bigby.

Also, I'd like to once again mention my distaste for The Walking Dead Season 2. The reason Season 1 did so well is the fact at least the characters were likeable enough.

My biggest problem with Season 2? I absolutely despise the majority of the characters in the season. All of them with the exception of Luke and Clem are unlikeable assholes who do nothing but fight, complain, and constantly nag the 10 year old girl to go into dangerous situations.

Episode 4 and Episode 5 of TWD Season 2 are easily two of my most hated TTG Episodes out there.

@MusicallyInspired

Hey, what projects have you been up to lately? I'd be interested to know what you've been up to since your work on KQ3R (which I really liked.)

Yeah, Wallace and Gromit was up there with Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse in terms of gameplay, production qualities, etc. Personally, the third episode was my favorite. I loved the final act puzzle where you chase Monty Muzzle through the sky.

Speaking of which, Jared Emerson-Johnson has a sizable portion of the soundtrack from old and new Telltale games up on his site as I pointed out before, including the song used in the sky chase puzzle.

Me.

I haven't played anything or seen any gameplay for anything after The Walking Dead in between game. Some stuff might be okay or even good, but the company has just strayed too far from my personal gameplay preferences. I just don't really care.

The most recent Telltale game I've enjoyed is Poker Night 2. Even in the midst of their decline, Telltale can still make a solid poker game. Shame about Ash, and I'm not crazy about Dave Boat's take on Max, but I really enjoyed GLaDOS, Sam, and Brock, and the addition of Omaha Hold 'Em made the poker more fun for me. Even some of Claptrap's dialogue was fun.

Besides that, I enjoyed TWD Season 1 well enough at the time (it was a hell of a step up from Back to the Future, and I skipped Jurassic Park and Law & Order), but it really wasn't the game I wanted it to be. Between that game being not exactly what I was wanting, the forum fallout, and general dissatisfaction with the company, Poker Night 2 was the only thing I played after that. There was a time where I was interested in 400 Days and TWD Season 2, but these days I'm perfectly content to just let Clem's story end in my own head at the end of Season 1.

What exactly was wrong with Ash? I mean aside from no Bruce Campbell and not being as witty and not cutting any heads off and not--- oh.

@MusicallyInspired

Hey, what projects have you been up to lately? I'd be interested to know what you've been up to since your work on KQ3R (which I really liked.)

MusicallyInspired worked on King's Quest III Redux? How cool is that?!

I've completed all three versions of King's Quest III (original, Infamous Adventures and AGD versions) and Redux was by far my favourite. Heck, it's actually tied with King's Quest VI as being my favourite game of the entire series. I absolutely adore the voice artist they got for Manannan and thought that the remake in general was outstanding.

What exactly was wrong with Ash? I mean aside from no Bruce Campbell and not being as witty and not cutting any heads off and not--- oh.

Yeah, what were they thinking - having Ash but no Bruce Campbell?! That's sacrilege, not to mention pointless!