Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

My favorite is Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures because they got the feel of the shorts down, and the final boss puzzles were awesome in all four episodes (they're the best in any Telltale season in my opinion).

When it comes to Telltale's puzzle adventure games, Tales of Monkey Island, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (plus Sam & Max: Season Two, as I feel it has the best puzzles, while The Devil's Playhouse has the best story and episode structure), and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People are right up there among my favorites too.

Wallace & Gromit would be one of my favourites but Episode 3's annoying Game Breaking glitch ended up destroying two replays of the full series for me. I only recently completed a replay of the full series and I loved it, but Muzzled's glitch has really soured the series for me. Not to the point where I don't think it's good (I think they are excellent and Last Resort in general ranks extremely high for me) but it's not my favourite.

My two favorite classic series were Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse and Wallace and Gromit.

From their modern games, Wolf Among Us is pretty stellar as well.

From their modern games, Wolf Among Us is pretty stellar as well.
My favorite among Telltale's choices and consequences games will likely either be The Wolf Among Us or Tales from the Borderlands. It depends on how the latter concludes, as it's pretty awesome so far. It's is a huge surprise to me, as I played a little bit of Borderlands 2 before Telltale's season started, and I couldn't get into it.

The only story by Telltale I didn't like was The Walking Dead Season Two, so I had a feeling that I'd end up liking Tales from the Borderlands in the end, but I really didn't expect that by episode 4 it'd be among the contenders as one of my favorites.

Wolf Among Us is pretty good, although the ending was crap IMO.

I thought the ending was pretty strong, actually. The trial scene (or lack of), the city chase, and the Bloody Mary fight were all highlights.

I thought the ending was pretty strong, actually. The trial scene (or lack of), the city chase, and the Bloody Mary fight were all highlights.

No No, I liked Episode 5 as a whole, I mean the cliffhanger ending to the series.

No No, I liked Episode 5 as a whole, I mean the cliffhanger ending to the series.

I really liked how they left some mystery behind in the end. So why didn't you like it

Wallace & Gromit would be one of my favourites but Episode 3's annoying Game Breaking glitch ended up destroying two replays of the full series for me. I only recently completed a replay of the full series and I loved it, but Muzzled's glitch has really soured the series for me. Not to the point where I don't think it's good (I think they are excellent and Last Resort in general ranks extremely high for me) but it's not my favourite.

They had inventory glitches in every episode of the season. *sigh*

Good that I never got any of them.

I was lucky throughout my playthroughs of Wallace & Gromit too, on both Xbox 360 and Windows. I only got an inventory glitch once, but was able to load a saved game and play through it on my next go. If I'd gotten a game breaking bug that prevented me from playing through the season, I'm sure that my opinion on the series would be a lot different too.

I'm with Vainamoinen on this one -- The Devil's Playhouse isn't just one of my favorite episodic games, it's one of my favorite games period.

The art style and general aesthetic of "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak"; the bizzare and utterly brilliant twist halfway through "They Stole Max's Brain!"; Max running face-first into the demonic Statue of Liberty; poor, poor Sal...Everything right to the last shot of the giant cockroach climbing a skyscraper as the sun sets over New York. Just utterly perfect.

Shame that its hanging threads will probably never be followed up on, nor, presumably, will those from ToMI.

Shame that its hanging threads will probably never be followed up on, nor, presumably, will those from ToMI.
I know that ToMI definitely has quite a few plot pieces left open (especially with the teaser at the ending), but I really can't think of any from The Devil's Playhouse.

I really liked how they left some mystery behind in the end. So why didn't you like it

In general, it felt more like a sequel bait than anything else. After this whole story of betrayal, lies, redemption, and finding out the mystery, we finally see things pick up for Bigby, except Mr.Toad is still a douchebag no matter what you do, and in general, the whole Faith mystery at the end felt more like a random throwaway to keep the player guessing. But in general, the fact it cuts out right there right then makes it feel like it's randomly ending rather than having a smooth clear finale. It's like The Sorpranos where there's this whole build up and suspense, only to randomly cut to black.

Mr. Toad was a complete jerk to his own son in the first episode ("get the f**k back inside!") so it's no surprise that he would still be a jerk to Bigby at the end. Jerks will be jerks. There's no changing that.

I liked the ending personally. I felt like it was like how Sam & Max just went off on an adventure at the end of The Devil's Playhouse. It was an ending letting you know that the life of Bigby as a detective still goes on. You don't really need to know what goes on next.

Mr. Toad was a complete jerk to his own son in the first episode ("get the f**k back inside!") so it's no surprise that he would still be a jerk to Bigby at the end. Jerks will be jerks. There's no changing that.

I don't really see it as him being a jerk. I see it more as him being incredibly stern in that particular moment. Also, he later purposefully withheld information from Bigby after the Tweeds threatened to kill his son. He's pissed off at not being able to afford glamour because it means he and his son would have to leave for the Farm. I think it's more about him being worried for his son than it is just him being a d**k.

Yeah, he does care for his son. Jerk is probably too harsh a term. He still has an abrasive personality (understandably so under the circumstances), even towards his own son. Because of that it would seem pretty unrealistic for his character if he all of a sudden got warm and fuzzy with Bigby at the end.

I know that ToMI definitely has quite a few plot pieces left open (especially with the teaser at the ending), but I really can't think of any from The Devil's Playhouse.

I'm thinking specifically of

the Superball stuff, Bosco's gambling debts, Sybil's baby, etc.

. Stuff that's probably more tonally or emotionally bothersome than plot-relevant.

. Stuff that's probably more tonally or emotionally bothersome than plot-relevant.

Considering that they flat out bailed on a lot of plot between each season, only really giving Sybil any sort of arc at all, it pretty much left it as expected. I think that's what makes it fairly wrapped up to fans. If there ever were a season 4, we know that a bunch of the characters would just be transplanted into the new story and doing all new things with a joke explanation, just like previous sequels.

I'd really love a season 4....

It seems the only ones who wouldn't are... well... Telltale.

Also, don't forget that

Grandpa Stinky had remained trapped in the body of one of Skunkape's minions at the end of Episode 205.

Considering that they flat out bailed on a lot of plot between each season, only really giving Sybil any sort of arc at all, it pretty much left it as expected. I think that's what makes it fairly wrapped up to fans. If there ever were a season 4, we know that a bunch of the characters would just be transplanted into the new story and doing all new things with a joke explanation, just like previous sequels.

Yeah, I was disappointed to see that they were teasing something big for Superball towards the end of Season 2, but just dropped it altogether for Devil's Playhouse.

What happened to Superball is actually revealed in Poker Night 2.

He's president of the United States.

Wait, really? I don't remember hearing that dialogue come up and I thought I had heard most (if not all) of it.

Wait, really? I don't remember hearing that dialogue come up and I thought I had heard most (if not all) of it.

Yep.

There's a conversation where Claptrap asks who everyone voted for. Sam says "I voted to re-elect President Superball. I like a commander-in-chief who's enigmatic and glowy".

Can someone explain exactly what they are moaning about?

They think they got snubbed because their ideas weren't inserted into Tales From The Borderlands.

Oh, that's GOLD.

I love how utterly destroyed they are by this. Like it's the end of the world or something.

.... Wait, they're shipping and letting canon get in the way of their OTP?

I love how they admit the forum is the way it is because of them.

To be more specific, they're pissed because the two main characters of Tales From The Borderlands didn't end up as lovers by the end of the episode.

.... Wait, they're shipping and letting canon get in the way of their OTP?

I don't understand that either.

Like, one show I follow has a girl who is (most likely) dead and a boy who met them during coma/near death experience, and since the boy wakes up and rejoins the world of the living to be with his friends, family, and start dating his crush, he's frequently killed off in fanfiction so he can be with her.

You know, I'm trying to think of a movie quote that suits this situation the best. As a Batman fan, this seems like the best.

"It would be funny....If it weren't so pathetic....Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway!"

The new TTG guys never fail to deliver with how silly they can be. I mean complaining about a shipping that's unlikely to happen in the canon because the characters have already been established as hating each other? I'm not sure what's more silly, the whole Carley thing from TWD Season 1 or this.