Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Yeah, I used to go on Telltale to relax after the work/school day and hang out while casually perusing other websites. Maybe there'd be an argument here and there, but it was generally just talking about things we liked to talk about. Now it's all just rage and that's just not fun or relaxing.

There is nothing really there anymore other than rage and all of the meaningful discussion has moved elsewhere...

I probably could have put up with the abomination that is the new forum but Telltale's 'You're all replaceable' attitude and all of the cool people leaving made there no reason to...

It is obvious they want a website for promotion and support not discussion or community so I guess we should just let them have what they want and go...

And maybe change your password to something random that you're sure to forget while you're at it.

I just closed the tab. Usually, I keep tabs of the forums I like to visit open all the time so that if I have five free minutes during the day, I can quickly check up on them. Since I have to go search for Telltale, it means that I have to be really bored to go look, so I'll do it less often until I stop going all together.

The difference being Telltale actually has good writers.

And Quantic doesn't?

No, they don't. I dare you to try to tell me that the story to Heavy Rain actually works. Go back and really look at it. David Cage writes stories by stringing together setpieces that go on way too long in the most haphazard way possible.

The difference being Telltale actually has good writers.

And Quantic doesn't?

No, they don't. I dare you to try to tell me that the story to Heavy Rain actually works. Go back and really look at it. David Cage writes stories by stringing together setpieces that go on way too long in the most haphazard way possible.

Didn't all of Telltale writers quit and form a new studio?

I doubt all of them quit, and even if they did it doesn't retroactively make Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy well written.

Not all of their best writers are gone.

A lot of the LucasArts alumni are still there. Dave Grossman and Michael Stemmle are still at Telltale, and Chuck Jordan still does freelance work with them. Mark Darin's still there too.

Unfortunately, their new about page only lists management, so it's hard to tell who's still there these days. :(

Some days I just feel like trolling and flooding all the threads, as well as spamming new ones (a la Coolsome) but Marsden will ban me.

Has anyone seen Guru lately? I haven't seen him post in a while.

Why not just stop before you become something you don't want to be?

Ei3u3HS.jpg

But seriously, I'm not an all around jerk. It's just that in general I do have these feelings of resentment when someone continually mistreats me or someone I care about. Being on the internet gives me that certain level of anonymity that allows me to not feel the usual need to hide it. Which is probably why I prefer talking to you guys on the forums, or once upon a time my old MMO clan, rather than on Facebook (as people on there often know me irl.)

[EDIT]It's not that on Facebook I'm having to hide from my family. It's just that here I have more opportunity to express myself openly without fear of real life awkwardness.

Does that make me a coward?[/EDIT]

Conversely, apologizing really does go a long way with me. But Telltale isn't going to remotely humble themselves about having left us out in the cold. Double Fine may have wasted buckets of money, but at least they had the guts to admit it.

But seriously, I'm not an all around jerk. It's just that in general I do have these feelings of resentment when someone continually mistreats me or someone I care about. Being on the internet gives me that certain level of anonymity that allows me to not feel the usual need to hide it. Which is probably why I prefer talking to you guys on the forums, or once upon a time my old MMO clan, rather than on Facebook (as people on there often know me irl.)

Telltale hasn't 'mistreated' anyone with the new forum. Seriously, you have to stop using such bullshit imagery. Dashing posts gifs of being kicked by Telltale. Alco is all out aggressive for being wronged. And you just can't keep flat out insults out of your argumentation.

The company offered a forum to its fans as a means to socialize. It was a free offering. A gift. A present. You never had a right to it, neither did I. You might have come to think of it as your home, as did I, but it only ever was and is Telltale's guest house.

So they wanted to do something fancy, shiny and new, something befitting their continued success and maybe an expression of their willingness to innovate. They were so enthusiastic about it, they didn't heed warnings they received. Which is what they should have heeded: warnings. advice. Not: threats, outrage, insults.

The new forum is one month old today. It's not exactly a raw diamond, but there IS a continued effort to slowly sculpt it into some kind of shape. The pillars of the new forum are still threaded comments and the forum rep system. As I'm a fan of neither, building anything on top is hard work.

We do not disagree that they were pushing their luck too far with the new forum. They gambled. They lost. The guest house's new decoration really isn't so appealing. So some guests have left, which is undeniable and definitely pains Telltale first of all. Now the old time members rush back into the room, spray the walls with excrement and then leave remarks about how dirty and negative the place has become. But that stuff doesn't hurt Telltale. It hurts the people cleaning up the place. The moderators. The effing last thing they want to do is throw you and others out the door. So they have already suffered through abuse they would have reprimanded absolutely every other guest for.

You were not wronged, you were not rejected, you were not personally insulted. That's just a stupid thing to think. So for god's sake stop acting like someone kicked you in the nuts. You're bearing a torch and a pitchfork, it's nonsensical, and you should at least recognize these items in your hands. This is a pretty sad situation, and I miss a lot of former forumites. But coming back to the TTG forums just to spew insults, flamebait Telltale employees and then hurry back to the DF forum to literally BOAST about luring officials out of cover, that is beneath you. Please stop it.

I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid no matter how much sugar the put in it now.

That Kool-Aid really seems to be an acquired taste; some deciders seem to have gotten so high on it that they could not believe people wouldn't swallow it even though these people explicitly expressed their rejection at the first sip. I know quite a few people who continue to offer me drinks I don't like. They do that as friends, it's all on their tab, and I don't feel particularly insulted by them not taking notice however detailed my taste review is.

But, I concede, I've just stretched that metaphor verrrrrry thin. And I do understand your argument. Personally, yours - not its absurdly inflated form that I've experienced for the last week.

Alco is all out aggressive for being wronged.

Ahem.

I was all out aggressive because I ran into a user that I couldn't stand again spreading misinformation about an issue I care about and being a self-righteous bastard while doing so. It's not the first time this has happened and last time, when I attempted to engage him on an intellectual level, he only responded with comments about boobies. So forgive me if I just cut to the chase.

I said I didn't respect him. And I don't. I never will. I also don't think he's worthy of the respect of anyone else, because his opinions are not only wrong and factually incorrect but they're also damaging to society at large. This particular user represents attitudes of everything that's wrong with America, knowing nothing, talking loud, and feeling in the moral right while doing it. I can't just leave it because, newsflash, we've been leaving that sort of thing alone for years and all that's happened is the people who hold such blatantly incorrect and backwards beliefs have just grown more secure in them, surrounding themselves with people who feel likewise.

Things are WRONG when a layperson genuinely believes that spending billions of dollars, laying off thousands of workers, denying veterans their benefits, halting scientific progress, and holding the world economy for ransom is worth preventing a few people getting healthcare they wouldn't ordinarily receive.

This had NOTHING to do with the new forum, and EVERYTHING to do with my extreme aggravation over the Government Shutdown.

You'll note that my comments in the Suggestions thread were critical, but constructive.

You'll note that my comments in the Suggestions thread were critical, but constructive.

I wouldn't contest that just out of principle, but forgive me if I don't hurry right back into said Suggestions thread to check up on that in detail. The last twenty pages of that discussion are mostly needlessly aggressive shit, and I've explicitly stepped out of that thread some time ago. We have a similiar view of "that user's" arguments, of course. Doesn't mean you can insult the living hell out of him. Guest house rule.

Well, I will admit that I did play around with Inspect Element and make it look like Kevin Bruner had fifteen million dislikes, but that was more as a joke than anything. I mean, I also made it say that I arrived on a horse and my recent activities involved going to Mars. But besides that, it's mainly been constructive.

As far as "that user" goes, it was kinda the last straw for me. I was literally so angry that I didn't care what anyone thought anymore... and I still held back, which somehow makes me even more furious. I'm frankly tired of always having to be the reasonable one and respond with polite criticism or disagreement, backing down when the debate gets too hot. You probably didn't notice, but I did that a lot on those boards. If an argument got too far, I'd just drop it rather than stir things up. And then I'd spend the next few days in real life fantasizing about actually cutting loose and laying it on whoever I was arguing with, which frankly wasn't healthy. But yeah, part of the reason I left was because it was really only a matter of time before I really lost it, most likely in response to something completely unrelated, because when I get genuinely angry, it's almost never directed at the actual source, just whatever is nearby.

And people wonder why Hulk is my favorite superhero...

So uh, they've finally disabled public viewing of every user's dislike counts. I wonder if Mr. Bruner having close to 300 dislikes influenced that decision.

So uh, they've finally disabled public viewing of every user's dislike counts. I wonder if Mr. Bruner having close to 300 dislikes influenced that decision.

Sure. Pat yourself on the back for a forum improvement. Don't mind that you look silly doing that.

In other news, just a half hour ago, Telltale has brought the practice of a Season bonus DVD back.

Yes, now you just get to view your dislike counter yourself as your private shame. Every time you go back to your profile, you get to see how much the world hates you.

And no one else will ever know...

Honestly, at this point, why not be done with them?

My issue with that wasn't that other people see it...

It's not an improvement to me.

Good for the DVD. Now only they just need to put out a game that I want.

You were not wronged, you were not rejected, you were not personally insulted.

I disagree. Everyone that gave their feedback in the beta was ignored, wronged, rejected and insulted by the company.

I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid no matter how much sugar the put in it now.

If it makes you feel any better, I never drank it for the past five years.

Honestly, at this point, why not be done with them?
Because Milton has yet to burn the building down.