Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

I went back to check and apparently I lost five likes and three dislikes. Any idea where they went? Should I look under the couch cushions?

Vain, you say that I wasn't wronged but it sure as crap feels that way.

They don't use the forums for anything but answering support questions. They don't listen to us, or if they do then they don't value what we have to say. It's hard to have a conversation with someone when they won't talk to you. And it's not unreasonable that one of them might get dumped on when, after months and years of stone cold silence, they walk in on me mid-rant.

They used to care about us. Now they don't. I'm not convinced that their PR department simply flipped the switch labeled "Non-disclosure agreement". There has to be more reason than that for what seems to have been a sudden change of attitude.

I liked my home. I didn't want to leave it. I still don't like having left. So, I'm letting my bitterness about it show. This place isn't as good as the old one. It doesn't have all the people I knew. It doesn't have all the capabilites of the old place. And it was fairly dead before we got here, so it's not like the new place is new and exciting (yet). It feels more like a refugee camp that not all of us escaped to.

I'm sorry... I just... I want my old home back. And it's taking me a while to get over it. I complain because I care. I'm not indifferent, I'm hurt. Indifference comes with time.

VVR4amn.png

Left is signed into "Rather Dashing".

Right is signed into another Telltale account.

Kevin Bruner deployed the change in a way that it DOES NOT AFFECT ME, the person who basically promised to make a stink if they changed the downvote counter.

This is some grade-A insidious "Shadow Ban" shit, and I find that ASTOUNDINGLY interesting.

This is some grade-A insidious "Shadow Ban" shit, and I find that ASTOUNDINGLY interesting.

Theory A

The web team wasn't able to pull the removal off entirely correctly in the short remaining time frame to The Wolf among Us preorders, and some users still see the complete stats (like, for example, the moderators).

Theory B

Kevin Bruner has personally ordered that you should be punished for your insolent behavior, and the punishment actually is that you get to see more stats than a normal user would.

Wait! Let me think about that for a moment before I decide.

You're not the only one.

And I can't see mine at all.

It seems more like a fuck up than them catering to you I'm afraid.

I can still see dislikes as well...

I'm not sure why this is I wasn't even that vocal about my dislike...

And I haven't got any dislikes...

I can see dislikes. I will abuse my ability by looking at the dislike counter of a specific user in a vindictive fashion, deriving harsh, visceral pleasure from it's triple digit magnitude.

Theory A

The web team wasn't able to pull the removal off entirely correctly in the short remaining time frame to The Wolf among Us preorders, and some users still see the complete stats (like, for example, the moderators).

Theory B

Kevin Bruner has personally ordered that you should be punished for your insolent behavior, and the punishment actually is that you get to see more stats than a normal user would.

Wait! Let me think about that for a moment before I decide.

Theory C, the one I was actually proposing, is similar to Reddit's "Shadow Ban". A Shadow Ban is a concept whereby a user is banned but isn't informed that they are, their posts are just invisible to everybody else. This is semi-effective in dealing with return trolls, because it allows the user to continue posting and not get any response. By hiding information from the prospective troll, they're able to curb unwanted behavior(making new accounts and causing trouble again).

The Theory is much closer to the idea that the "no downvotes in the profile" change would not deploy to the people who essentially promised to make a stink if the downvotes on the profile system changed, so they wouldn't notice and then make a big self-congratulatory stink about it.

A Shadow Ban is a concept whereby a user is banned but isn’t informed that they are, their posts are just invisible to everybody else.

It's called 'Coventry' in vbulletin forums. In Telltale's new forum, which, errrmmm, hasn't even reached its full potential in moderator tools, such a thing does not exist. At least not to my knowledge.

The only user ever to have been sent to Coventry these last three years in the old vbulletin forums was the 80$ one (yeah, I know you remember). It took him a whopping three minutes to find out.

The Theory is much closer to the idea that the "no downvotes in the profile" change would not deploy to the people who essentially promised to make a stink if the downvotes on the profile system changed, so they wouldn't notice and then make a big self-congratulatory stink about it.

Sure, because you surely would not ever find out, and certainly not 20 minutes after the feature's implementation. And, OMG, they forgot Shodan! What a drag. So unprofessional.

Questions:

- When exactly have you promised to make 'a stink' if the not exactly popular downvote feature would vanish, in what words, and why exactly would you make such a completely nonsensical promise that essentially contradicts your actual demands?

- If a lot of users started reporting that they also could still see the downvotes, would that detract from or rather add to your belief in this half baked conspiracy theory?

- If within a day, you would not be able to see the downvotes any more, would that detract from or rather add to your belief in this half baked conspiracy theory?

I mean, really... how are they supposed to understand what makes for a good discussion forum if they never use a forum for general discussion?

How can they expect to implement Reddit threaded system, Youtube's like system and Facebook's notification system without knowing if those are the sorts of things that people use outside of Reddit, Youtube and Facebook? How am I expected to know what parts I need to build a desktop PC when I only ever used a game console, and especially when my intention is to manufacture and program the circuit boards myself?

Don't you get it?

They are telling us what we want because it's popular elsewhere.

::Example Redacted::

(felt dirty relating bad changes to what would be good changes)

Like how every country should scrap record tracking. Fuck it, everyone likes what America likes, right?

(there, that one's better)

After days of agonizing over it, I've finally done it. I've turned in my resignation as a moderator on the Telltale Games forums.

After days of agonizing over it, I've finally done it. I've turned in my resignation as a moderator on the Telltale Games forums.

Nobody will look at you any different. I won't. Now we can focus our lives on solving cases, and the such.

I'm so tense, my legs hurt when I stood up. I can't stop shaking.

I can just imagine you fidgeting like your avatar.

Would you be willing to tell us what you said when you resigned?

I'll think about it. I had originally intended it to be kept private, but looking at where it ended up after several days of editing (and one massive re-write), I think there's only one short passage that has to be kept private. I'm not going to post it publicly right now, but I'll think about whether or not that's something I want to do.

VVR4amn.png

Wow that is extremely petty especially for a company to treat a krustomer!

Oh like they care.

VVR4amn.png

Oh like they care.

Accuse them of acting like Neopets and watch the sparks fly!

VVR4amn.png

Oh like they care.

Neopets?!

I remember Neopets... I think mine all got bloated and then starved to death.

Usually bloating occurs after death...

VVR4amn.png

Oh like they care.

Neopets?!

I just wanted to quote this image again, so I could be cool like everyone else.