Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

You're absolutely right there. In spite of whatever decisions they've made as a company, I've enjoyed everything I've played from them, with the exception of Back to the Future (I didn't play Jurassic Park), even if the types of games they've been making aren't necessarily the types I've been wanting to see from them. I long for puzzles, but I still really enjoyed The Walking Dead. I'll probably skip The Wolf Among Us, but that's mainly because I'm really incredibly disinterested in the source material. I'm almost definitely getting TWD season 2, though.

We actually can expect history to repeat itself in an instance of what Darth would call 'delicious irony'. As soon as Telltale unsurprisingly gets hold of that really big and popular franchise and concentrates their efforts on that for just a Season or two, the Walking Dead fans will roam the forums, constantly complaining about how they made the company big and are now being ignored, treated like dirt, kicked and pissed on. How Telltale isn't the glorious company any more it was back in 2012, and how the newer games are just too damn geared towards casual gamers and mass compatibility. A vicious circle indeed! ;)

I knew about Massive Chalice when that started. I just simply wasn't interested in it so I didn't back it.

You're absolutely right there. In spite of whatever decisions they've made as a company, I've enjoyed everything I've played from them, with the exception of Back to the Future (I didn't play Jurassic Park), even if the types of games they've been making aren't necessarily the types I've been wanting to see from them. I long for puzzles, but I still really enjoyed The Walking Dead. I'll probably skip The Wolf Among Us, but that's mainly because I'm really incredibly disinterested in the source material. I'm almost definitely getting TWD season 2, though.

We actually can expect history to repeat itself in an instance of what Darth would call 'delicious irony'. As soon as Telltale unsurprisingly gets hold of that really big and popular franchise and concentrates their efforts on that for just a Season or two, the Walking Dead fans will roam the forums, constantly complaining about how they made the company big and are now being ignored, treated like dirt, kicked and pissed on. How Telltale isn't the glorious company any more it was back in 2012, and how the newer games are just too damn geared towards casual gamers and mass compatibility. A vicious circle indeed! ;)

And then Campo Santo makes new Sam & Max games?

At this rate, I'd be satisfied if SOMEONE did!

Valve is going to release Sam & Max Classic: Episode 1 as a Linux exclusive. You heard it here first.

Ohhhohono. No, no, no. Campo Santo Games will create an entirely new IP. And then another one. And another one.

I didn't say they couldn't do both. LucasArts did both. You're right, though, I'm definitely really interested to see what original games they come up with.

I think I'd be happy with any Max voice actor so far as long as they don't use Dave Boat again.

Starring Nolan North and Nolan North.

You know there are times (like most times) when I don't mind people. Then I read the Walking Dead section of the 'community' (or like a Facebook post talking about TWAU) and then I'm just like people annoy me. Stupid people anyway.

I am very interested in MC but I will not back it until I played anything of Broken [del]Game[/del] Age. A beta would be enough.

The game isn't broken!

I really disliked the name initially, but it has started to grow on me. Still, it's nowhere near as good as names like Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Psychonauts and Brütal Legend.

I still don't like it. It's not a very memorable title at all.

As opposed to The Secret of Monkey Island?

If the game is good, it will make the title memorable.

Yeah, this sounds well-behaved like Bro Can Age or Bro Can Dance but i would prefer something with more sex appeal like

(the break from .55-.57 is so awesome) or that. Showing-off the special edition of the box in public should get you arrested by the police just for the wicked name the game could have.

Day of the Tentacle

Maniac Mansion

The Secret of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

Full Throttle

Grim Fandango

Sam and Max Hit the Road

Loom

Broken Age

... where's the problem?

When you look at it like that... I still think Full Throttle and Grim Fandango, and also Loom come to think of it, have names that are pretty awesome sounding by themselves. I believe you're right in that the others mostly sound really great because of the games we associate them with though.

When I heard of Loom for the first time, I thought of something evil looming over the plot and thought it was a horror game.

Grim Fandango and Maniac Mansion are the best from this selection. Then come Full Throttle, Loom, Day of the Tentacle and the rest. At the very end, far, far away in a distant galaxy, there is Broken Age on its spiral dance towards a black hole. Maybe the same black hole which sucked in all the Sierra titles too. The DIG was a good title (also due to the article) or Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders was cool because it was long and invited you to think about that weird name, the aliens and how the mind bending will turn out...

Psychonauts is another great title or The Cave, Costume Quest is nice too. On the other side Middle Manager of Justice, Dropchord, Stacking, Kinect Party, Iron Brigade, ... dunno, none of these titles sounds really convincing. Brutal Legend could be a good title but i just don't like the game this much. Sometimes a title is better than the game, sometimes it's the other way around and sometimes it fits perfectly well or adapts after some time. Anyway i'm looking forward to a great new title (otherwise i'll stay with the DFA) and a hopefully great game too.

Finally got my mod status removed today. It feels good.

I also left one last post on Telltale, something I always said I'd do if I left.

Finally got my mod status removed today. It feels good.

I also left one last post on Telltale, something I always said I'd do if I left.

Great. And I thought you replied to my video. There I was, wondering the crap out of myself what it all means.