Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Wait was there a post here?
Why? Do you have someone on ignore? If you don't respond to this post, I'm not sure if that is a yes or not.

Wow. That thread reminds me of us back in the day.

Another day, another dollar, another whole new community of gamers learning to distrust the company.

Finally got my mod status removed today. It feels good.

I also left one last post on Telltale, something I always said I'd do if I left.

What was your final post? Did they delete it?

What was your final post? Did they delete it?

No, the Telltale forums aren't the Replay forums

(where, as some of you Larry/Spaceventure Kickstarter fanatics may know, the central community shaping moderatrice was banned three days ago and all her posts deleted, while the rest of the mods and practically the entire community are leaving out of sheer protest against Paul Trowe's incessant trolling of the Spaceventure guys and his treatment of said community).

No, the Telltale forums aren't the Replay forums

(where, as some of you Larry/Spaceventure Kickstarter fanatics may know, the central community shaping moderatrice was banned three days ago and all her posts deleted, while the rest of the mods and practically the entire community are leaving out of sheer protest against Paul Trowe's incessant trolling of the Spaceventure guys and his treatment of said community).

Yeah, it's pretty crazy what's going on over at the Replay forums at the moment. It seems like most of the core of the community has moved over to SpaceQuest.net after either being outright kicked out or left in rage over Paul Trowe's actions and/or in sympathy with Serena & co.

Yeah, the Replay games situation is pretty ridiculous. I really thought that Paul Trowe was done with his demeaning of the Guys From Andromeda after he apologized last year. It's bad enough that he posted outrageous claims on their kickstarter page without posting any proof to back those claims up, but then to ban the very people that donated their time free of charge to help make Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded a success just because they questioned his tactics is just going too far.

I feel bad for the team at Replay Games because their adventure games (LSL: Reloaded and Fester Mudd: Episode 1) have been quite good so far, and there are a lot of people who have said they won't purchase anymore Replay games because of Paul's continued unprofessionalism (I'm sorry to say it, but I think I'll have to count myself among them).

I really hope Al Lowe, Josh Mandel, and Paavo Härkönen can find other companies to work with to get their games out there, because working with Paul Trowe won't do them any good (they're all quite talented and I want to see them succeed). :(

Yeah, I also enjoyed both of those games. Härkönen did a great job at giving Fester Mudd that old LucasArts charm and I understand that Josh Mandel helped quite a bit with tightening up the story and adding a lot of writing to it, as he also did with LSL:R. I don't don't think Replay has a whole lot going for it without him onboard and Al Lowe and Härkönen feel a bit like hostages in this situation. They probably want to see their games made, I can't see them being very happy with the situation, but they can't just up and leave with their respective IPs.

I still wonder how Al and Josh got mixed up with Paul Trowe. I mean, I know about their history together, but I just don't know why Al would partner up with him if he knows what Paul is like. The guy has been a rather destructive force at times, last year even calling some of his backers a-holes.

That said, it makes me a little more comfortable with not backing LSL:R last year. I was happy to see Al do well, of course, but Trowe has been the opposite of a class act. Now he just banned a bunch of people for telling him he was out of line with his comments at the Spaceventure Kickstarter page, and some of those people put a lot of time into supporting LSL:R. What a shame.

I would request a refund of my KS backer funds if it were entirely possible.

So first Telltale and now Replay? I believe Bosco would call this a conspiracy!

But then when wouldn't he?

Ohhh a former TellTale thread, Hey guys, I left TellTale forums a while back, tell me, did they ever release the Sam & Max Season 3 Soundtrack?

To hell with them then! Feels like a lifetime ago Jake said they'll try and get it out when they have some spare time.

They've said they want to bring back physical stuff once they've got the foru-COMMUNITY working properly.

So sometime next millennium.

the foru-COMMUNITY

You've pulled off that one more than a hundred times now. Better not repeat it lest the internet police confiscates your license!

the foru-COMMUNITY

You've pulled off that one more than a hundred times now. Better not repeat it lest the internet police confiscates your license!

NEVER!

:P

Darth Marsden: You should pull it off in the thread title as well for added hilarity:

"Greetings from the Telltale Games foru-COMMUNITY!"