Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

I've not been in TTG for aggggges! Last time I tried to post I wanted to call this guy an assole but the post wouldn't go though.
I feel like making an account just to call that guy an asshole.

I've not been in TTG for aggggges! Last time I tried to post I wanted to call this guy an assole but the post wouldn't go though.

We have enough members like that thank you very much.

We have enough members like that thank you very much.

I'm not really gonna do it, but geez, that guys is a prick!

Can you please ban MtnPeak? I think the rape thread he just started is cause enough. I mean, in addition to being completely wrong, it was far more insensitive and disrespectful to female forum members than me saying I didn't respect him. I just went back to TTG to take a look for a moment and basically, that thread is one of the worst I've seen on the site.

He did WHAT?

Here's the thread in question, for those who absolutely MUST view it. It's a good thing Jenny was on top of that, I hate to think what would have happened had it been left to continue.

As for what we're doing about MtnPeak... I can't really discuss it. Mod confidentiality and all that.

I hope boiling oil is involved.

Maybe melted lead.

No, no, no... I'm not advocating dipping him in it or anything. Just... you know, make him look at it for a few minutes while saying vaguely threatening things, like "Do you know how fast human skin melts when it comes into contact with this substance?"

I hope boiling oil is involved.

Maybe melted lead.

No, no, no... I'm not advocating dipping him in it or anything. Just... you know, make him look at it for a few minutes while saying vaguely threatening things, like "Do you know how fast human skin melts when it comes into contact with this substance?"

Show him websites where people do it as a fetish. Unless he was one that is.

Or you could pour lye on his hands like they did in Fight Club.

Just don't give him any vinegar.

No, I've got the perfect one.

The pen that Umbridge uses. Just have him write "I must not post rape threads" for a few hours. That should do it.

The pen that Umbridge uses. Just have him write "I must not post rape threads" for a few hours. That should do it.

This isn't the first time he's done this?

This isn't the first time he's done this?

Well, it's the first time he's posted a thread dedicated to it. He normally just sticks to generally misogynistic comments on the sidelines.

Then again. Harry got sentenced to the pen after only one "lie" so, I think as far as a first offense deterrent, it's not above and beyond how the Umbridge did things.

We had a guy like that here, but I blew up at him once. He hasn't been around much since then. Not that I really care. Only reason I would have noticed is posts that I would have to click to view anyway.

I think just "the mess". That page is supposed to show you what happened since you last visited, but it's just a convoluted mess of junk and it's impossible to figure out what it was you were supposed to be notified of. It's just terrible UI.

If I was an evil person and completely without a moral conscience, I might find it amusing to create false bugs with my internet-editing skills and submit them to the bugs thread, sending the web designers on wild goose chases to fix things that were not broken.

But I'm not an evil person.

I have to keep telling myself that, because it's the only way to get myself to stop cackling maniacally to myself.

Is one of the choices you regret having the TTG forum open on 3 tabs?
There's three open for a reason. One's for the Let's Play of Simon 3D that I really need to get back to, while the other two are to keep an actual look at the site - one's a general overview of the site and the other's that absolute mess of a notification system so I can try and keep track of when someone directly responds to one of my posts. It's... it's only partially successful at that, hence the second tab.
What am I looking for in that mess?
You're just supposed to recognise that it's a mess. I miss the old days.
I think just "the mess". That page is supposed to show you what happened since you last visited, but it's just a convoluted mess of junk and it's impossible to figure out what it was you were supposed to be notified of. It's just terrible UI.
Yeah, pretty much this. I don't like constantly bashing the new site, but when a feature is THIS bad, you kinda need to show people just how bad it is to get the point across.

Is one of the choices you regret having the TTG forum open on 3 tabs?
There's three open for a reason. One's for the Let's Play of Simon 3D that I really need to get back to, while the other two are to keep an actual look at the site - one's a general overview of the foru-COMMUNITY and the other's that absolute mess of a notification system so I can try and keep track of when someone directly responds to one of my posts. It's... it's only partially successful at that, hence the second tab.
What am I looking for in that mess?
You're just supposed to recognise that it's a mess. I miss the old days.
Yeah, pretty much this. I don't like constantly bashing the new foru-COMMUNITY, but when a feature is THIS bad, you kinda need to show people just how bad it is to get the point across.

Fixed.