Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

I remember saying a long time ago that if Sam and Max was moved in to the Classics section of the forum I would loose all faith in Telltale games...

So, uhmmm, good thing the new forums don't have a 'Classics' section?

What stands out to me is that the "old games" are in order of release date(with the exceptions of W&G and L&O) and not in order of popularity, so you have Sam and Mx near the bottom and L&O near the top. It feels more like "Oh, right, here's all that other stuff we did before TWD/TWAU" than "Here's all our older games!"

No they have a "old crap we stopped caring about" section now.

Ohhhhwaaaah, I'm a bit sick of the

in the forum talks.

I remember saying a long time ago that if Sam and Max was moved in to the Classics section of the forum I would loose all faith in Telltale games...

Instead they hide it on another page and make it look as if they have only ever made TWD and the TWAU and completely ignore everything else...

Which all in all worse than a Classics section...

No they have a "old crap we stopped caring about" section now.

It occurs to me that Poker Night 2 is not old.
"Jurassic Beard: Shaving Creme Edition"
I know this trope is old by now, but I just found that to be hilarious.

EDIT: I'm still laughing. Why am I still laughing.... :')

Hiding the discussion for a game that they made this year... yeah, I really think Telltale is trying to bury Sam and Max. WE NEED TO TELL STEVE PURCELL ABOUT WHAT TELLTALE IS DOING.

Seems like spam threads over at the Telltale foru-COMMUNITY are allowed to stay for at least a couple of hours these days, whereas before they would usually be removed within a couple of minutes.

I just saw that Noname wrote more on his murder mystery that includes mostly people who don't visit the forums anymore. Which is kinda funny and sad at the same time.

I went to look out of interest and I see nothing that wasn't there from the last time.

Edit: Oh. It's written, just not posted.

I'm really just waiting to die at this point.

Telltale..erasing its very history..along with the fans that kept it alive before the walking dead....

I bet they'll update all their old games with "director's cut" editions that remove any and all engaging puzzle content.

haha I wouldn't be surprised. Sam & Max (The Walking Dead Edition) Now with 95% less puzzles and thinking required!

And not only will Sam and Max still be voiced by David Nowlin and William Kasten... but those two actors will voice EVERY character in the series... even the characters who formerly had good voices!

And not only will Sam and Max still be voiced by David Nowlin and William Kasten... but those two actors will voice EVERY character in the series... even the characters who formerly had good voices!

Good! All other voice actors suck!

Well Telltlale have announced that in TWD season 2 you do play as a little girl...

So I suppose that will be interesting...

I wonder if people will care as much about Clementine if you are forced to play as her...

Dan and Kevin are doing a Reddit AMA right now. Time to see if they bother to answer any questions about their older games.

Well Telltlale have announced that in TWD season 2 you do play as a little girl...

So I suppose that will be interesting...

I wonder if people will care as much about Clementine if you are forced to play as her...

Yep, in the AMA it has been confirmed that you play as Clementine. I don't think it's going to work.

In the trailer she looks a bit older but only a couple of months to make it fit in with 400 days so she will just be a 9 year old girl...

(sets up pins for someone to knock them down)

That TWD Season 2 trailer was quite light on content...

Honestly, this might actually get me to buy and play Walking Dead 2. I have wanted more games where you play a little girl... I don't think I've actually played any. So even if I don't really like Telltale's direction as far as gameplay goes, if they do this, I'll support it since the gaming industry needs more PCs that aren't grizzled old white guys. I might have even bought Last of Us if you hadn't had to play as the grizzled white guy for the first 12+ hours.

I'm glad they are doing something different and I was worried that for season 2 they would just try to do another Lee...

Playing as Clem will be a change hopefully for the better...

Though it will make it feel worse when I choose evil options...

Honestly, this might actually get me to buy and play Walking Dead 2. I have wanted more games where you play a little girl... I don't think I've actually played any.

You should play the Fran Bow demo. They had a crowd funding campaign a few months back and I thought it looked very promising.

There's also Lilly Looking Through, another crowd funded game, which actually launches on Steam in a few days.

Definitely getting season 2 at some point(not sure if preorder), as I quite enjoyed Season 1.