Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Might have been interesting if they would have been done by Monty Python.

I do wonder what the hell is going on with the fables game.. It must be the longest in development game telltale has ever had.. Mike Stemmle was casting voice actors at the end of 2011 the game didn't come out til 2013 and nowtheres 3 months since the first episode and no sign of the second...

Maybe they pulled a Toy Story 2 and accidentally lost all their work? =P

I do wonder what the hell is going on with the fables game.. It must be the longest in development game telltale has ever had.. Mike Stemmle was casting voice actors at the end of 2011 the game didn't come out til 2013 and nowtheres 3 months since the first episode and no sign of the second...

Maybe they weren't as ready as they thought they were for the whole multi-team structure. On the other hand, Telltale likes to pull the "Oh, by the way, the next episode comes out in two days" thing. Back when they announced deadlines, they would work right up to the last few hours on it... and after. A few episodes had game breaking bugs upon release(BTTF ep.4? comes to mind). Now that they don't announce them, it really comes down to "okay, we're done, release it" and bam, it's out.

Dr. No and From Russia With Love would like to have a word with you...
and GoldenEye.

And now that I'm here, I should say that I finally finished the next chapter of Telltale Murder Mystery. To be released tomorrow.

Nice to see you here Noname it is always nice to have more people to aid us in gaining slightly more dominance over our new kingdom...

Pfft. We already outnumber them two to one, and I'm a freakin' Sith Lord (who's currently wearing a bitchin' Stetson).

This place is OURS.

Pfft. We already outnumber them two to one, and I'm a freakin' Sith Lord (who's currently wearing a bitchin' Stetson).

This place is OURS.

I WILL SHARE NOTHING WHEN I RULE THIS PLACE WITH AN IRON FIST! ALL WHO OPPOSE MY MIGHT WILL BE DRAWN AND QUARTERED, TARRED AND FEATHERED, KEELHAULED, PUT TO THE RACK, PLACED INTO THE IRON MAIDEN, AND FINALLY, WHIPPED WITH AN ITALIAN SAUSAGE!

That is my alter ego, Sir Duke. You probably haven't met him, before.

This place is OURS.

I WILL SHARE NOTHING WHEN I RULE THIS PLACE WITH AN IRON FIST! ALL WHO OPPOSE MY MIGHT WILL BE DRAWN AND QUARTERED, TARRED AND FEATHERED, KEELHAULED, PUT TO THE RACK, PLACED INTO THE IRON MAIDEN, AND FINALLY, WHIPPED WITH AN ITALIAN SAUSAGE!

That is my alter ego, Sir Duke. You probably haven't met him, before.

I like him. wink.gif

3 random thoughts about TTG:

2) I've never understood why they invented so many annoying characters for Sam & Max, the games could have been so much better.

1) The blog entries from their beginnings (~9 years ago) were interesting to read, don't, don't compare them with the latest ones.

3) I still badly miss a complete Bone season, also for da Mac.

I liked how they used to creatively engage their users, like with art contests. That's one of the things that got me started participating on the forums. Does anyone else remember "Telltale Tuesdays"? I usually didn't stand a chance at winning, but it was good creative exercise, and great seeing what everyone else came up with. I think they may have had a costume contest for for "Wolf" but I'm not sure how that turned out. And remember when Nikasaur got "engaged" to Yare? Good times, good times.

Hey there Mr. Marsden.
DARTH Marsden! I didn't spend 6 years in the Jedi Academy so I could be called Mr, thank you very much

The Disneyland one doesn't count, you man-child.

Just kidding.

I liked how they used to creatively engage their users, like with art contests.

I really, really miss those. I never won (except for the early years when every entry got a consolation prize ;)), but I always liked seeing the winning entries.

The yearly blog post of Halloween costumes by Telltale staff at their Halloween party were always fun too.