Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Or they could just go on alienating everyone who was a fan of theirs.
I think they're going to be doing that whatever happens.

*sigh*

That's what it feels like. And I never thought I'd feel like this even with all the other recent changes.

*le sigh*

It's no longer even a guarantee I'll play their games any more.

I haven't even touched The Walking Dead.

...still.

I got burned by BTTF:TG (which lasted until Episode 2, FTR) and haven't wanted to play anything they've done since except Poker Night 2. Depressing.

The Walking Dead was great. And I'm still excited for Fables.

They really got back on their game with The Walking Dead, you should give it a chance.

How did you do modding without getting spoilers?
You don't.

I never really wanted to play TWD because I'm absolutely sick of zombie stories, so I didn't care if I got spoiled or not. I'm well aware TWD is not your typical zombie apocalypse story, but it still has zombies in it, so I just zone out whatever.

As Jenni says though, I really should give it a go one of these days. It's just finding the time... and the energy.

How did you do modding without getting spoilers?
It's not easy, especially with The Walking Dead crowd (there was at least one jerk who kept coming in and purposely spoiling the game for everyone with misleading titles). But luckily I joined the mod team right before the last episode, so there wasn't much spoiling.

I'm not planning on leaving the Telltale forums though, so hopefully Fables will draw a more civil crowd.

The Walking Dead is probably one of the few games that made me feel like shit after playing it. ... And I kept getting back for each new episode with a sole purpose of feeling like shit afterwards. It's weird.

The Walking Dead is probably one of the few games that made me feel like shit after playing it. ... And I kept getting back for each new episode with a sole purpose of feeling like shit afterwards. It's weird.
With The Last of Us, Heavy Rain and Spec Ops: The Line, I think this is just the new thing with games.

It seriously needs to go away. I play games to have fun, not feel depressed. I get enough of that in real life, I don't need it from my games as well, dammit.

With The Last of Us, Heavy Rain and Spec Ops: The Line, I think this is just the new thing with games.

It seriously needs to go away. I play games to have fun, not feel depressed. I get enough of that in real life, I don't need it from my games as well, dammit.

I don't know, feels like it's been here for a pretty long while. Like, for example, remember Planescape: Torment? That thing's depressing.

And I don't think it needs to go away. It's not like EVERY game is like this. With the gaming audience being so varied and people looking for different experiences, depressing games should stay. It's still enjoyment, just a different kind.

Games should be diverse. It's fine if there are depressing ones, just don't play them. If there's a market for them there will be more, if not, then they shall vanish into the void.

I think there's a place for them. Sometimes I want an emotionally heavy experience, and games seem to give you more of it than films or television shows just because you feel like you're the one who is experiencing them since you're controlling the character.

Of course, sometimes I just don't feel like experiencing that, so I'll just go for Day of the Tentacle or Super Mario, and that's good too. I like that there's a lot of options in games now.

I haven't even touched The Walking Dead.

...still.

I got burned by BTTF:TG (which lasted until Episode 2, FTR) and haven't wanted to play anything they've done since except Poker Night 2. Depressing.

Replace episode 2 with episode 1 and Poker Night 2 with Hector + Puzzle Agent 2 and that's exactly my story.

I rather enjoyed Hector despite its game breaking bugs. I thought the dirty jokes was a breath of fresh (or was it foul?) air and it was more puzzle intensive than the Telltale developed games.

Puzzle Agent 2 was a major letdown after the first game though. The story felt very unsatisfying and several of the puzzles were plain crap. I remember one of the designers coming on the forums to verbally abuse people after being called out on the coin puzzle. (Incidentally, the latest Layton game has a gem puzzle with the exact same problem.)

*checks TTG forums*

Oh, the horror!! It burns the eyes!

I despise the cascading style of reddit, and disqus. Soo much harder to read

And on top of that it's near broken on mobile devices. There's this floating menu on top that covers half of my screen so that I can just barely see what I'm writing with my phone turned vertically. And I have rather high screen resolution. It's got to be even worse on iPhones.

I don't know if I'm ever going to use the Telltale forums ever since the "upgrade"... so I think this place is like a new home for me! I don't want to leave here for a while!

I don't know, feels like it's been here for a pretty long while. Like, for example, remember Planescape: Torment? That thing's depressing.

And I don't think it needs to go away. It's not like EVERY game is like this. With the gaming audience being so varied and people looking for different experiences, depressing games should stay. It's still enjoyment, just a different kind.

IMO, the best kind of games are the ones that are hilarious, but with a serious plotline, and end miserably... but with the last line be half of some witty barb as the funniest character dies.

I really dig stuff like that.

Gah! Just went back on the site and a few minutes later I'm already wanting to punch out my monitor.

And now it doesn't load. Maybe it's for the best.

Maybe they're going back to vBulletin?

*hopeful look*

Eh, they're probably trying to add in more atrocities. Like, now you have to post a video of yourself doing the Hokey Pokey before you can post as a new Captcha or something.

I don't know why I keep going back there, other than the fact it's simply a habit now.

It's not going to get better. If anything it'll just get worse.

If I'm this disillusioned (as a long time Telltale optimist) then I hate to be one of the people who already felt let down and left behind by Telltale's recent games.

If I'm this disillusioned (as a long time Telltale optimist) then I hate to be one of the people who already felt let down and left behind by Telltale's recent games.

That's at least Dashing, Fhqwhgads and me that I know about. For me personally having you guys here is a change for the better as I kind of left a while ago now and have no reason to keep following two forums now that you're here.

Weeeell the DFAF forum software is pretty old and janky in a number of ways. For example:

--Smileys always bump to a new line instead of inserting directly into the text.

--Youtube videos don't post if you use the YouTube short "share" link that appears beneath the video. You have to copy the video's long URL from your browser's address bar and past it into the forum's special YouTube tags.

--When you press the button to auto-insert YouTube tags instead of typing them yourself, it always skips to the very end of your post to insert the tags, which is annoying if you are posting multiple videos or want to sandwich the video between text. Just type the tags yourself.

--The spoiler tags work in some areas of the forum, and in other areas of the forum they don't do anything.

Etc etc etc other stuff

But at least we use forum software! And it doesn't sound like DF has any plans to update the forum anytime soon... unless it's a secret Remo project or something. I get the impression that they've got bigger fish to fry than worrying about the forum format right now.

Hi I'm Hudomonkey and I would have posted earlier but Double Fine only Just realized I'm not a robot...

Hi to all you guys I couldn't really stand the new forums and thought this seemed the logical place to go...

That's at least Dashing, Fhqwhgads and me that I know about. For me personally having you guys here is a change for the better as I kind of left a while ago now and have no reason to keep following two forums now that you're here.

You can add me into the mix as well. BTTF:TG left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't think Telltale is capable of making anything that'll wash it away.
Hi I'm Hudomonkey and I would have posted earlier but Double Fine only Just realized I'm not a robot...

Hi to all you guys I couldn't really stand the new forums and thought this seemed the logical place to go...

I choose to believe you ARE a robot, and you've only just finished having online sex with the forum to bribe your way into being approved.

If I'm this disillusioned

That's at least Dashing

Ha! I've been feeling disillusioned since before most of you guys even JOINED. Sam & Max Season Two(the new site only refers to it as "Beyond Time and Space" ;_;) basically allowed me to coast on goodwill for roughly four years.

I choose to believe you ARE a robot, and you've only just finished having online sex with the forum to bribe your way into being approved.

I will neither confirm nor deny this Beep bop woof *sniff sniff*