Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Hey Davies long time no see.

Coolsome, you son of a gun;

catching up with you sure is fun.

You would be like Indiana Jones, if you donned a fedora;

which speaks volumes of your manly aura.

DAVIES!?

FREAKIN' SWEET!

Bales, my favourite non-former-Telltale member of this forum! FREAKIN' SWEET ROLLS!

Good to see you back. I'm happy.

Are you happy because I'm back or was that just a non sequitur?

Personally, I'm happy to see you but I'm also happy about 'Alien: Isolation', as you are too I'm guessing?

'Alien' fans; we never learn, do we? First there was 'Resurrection', then the two 'AVP' movies, then 'Prometheus', then 'Colonial Marines'. Every time, I was hyped to heck for them (well, not the 'AVP' flicks; those were conceptually awful in their very premise) and every time, we end up getting burned again. My body is now 80% 1st degree (acid) burns!

Everytime he leaves I listen to this:

So, let me get this straight; I leave. You kill me. I return as a zombie.

Son, you've done got yourself a deal.

Hello there Davies :)

NoName, I know how you can do TMM 3. The survivors of TMM 2 adopt a dog and begin to go on a whole bunch of detective world traveling cases and add 80% more comedy and wise cracks and 15% catch phrases! With maybe 5% Mystery...

I am glad you're back, yes. I am also highly anticipating Isolation. We'll have to see on this one. Sega did promise us that they wouldn't take a hands-off approach any more, but whether that's a good thing or not, remains to be seen. Unfortunately, we tend not to get the truth about development unless a title completely bombs so hopefully, we'll never know.

I am also highly anticipating Isolation. We'll have to see on this one. Sega did promise us that they wouldn't take a hands-off approach any more, but whether that's a good thing or not, remains to be seen. Unfortunately, we tend not to get the truth about development unless a title completely bombs so hopefully, we'll never know.

Truer words were never spoken.

Having said that, I do seriously think that 'Alien: Isolation' has the potential to be the greatest and scariest 'Alien' game since the

(in fact, 'Isolation' looks very much like a more graphically sophisticated update of that game). However, in the interest of avoiding the usual hyperbole and inevitable disappointment, I recommend you read this preview. It certainly tempered my expectations, which can be no bad thing.
Hooray. Welcome back Davies. :)

Hey Jenni, how's you?

I finally created an account over at 'Mix n Mojo' by the way. I left a rather snarky comment in response to their April Fools prank. I hope you don't mind (not that you uploaded said prank)? Hopefully any future comments I leave over there will be a little bit more light hearted. That's the problem with being a long time lurker and a grumpy first time poster I guess.

I still haven't bought Alien Colonial Marines (because I don't like the Cameron-abomination anyways).

Somebody just went up in my estimation...

I am mildly curious about Isolation though and really hope they don't fuck it up.

Of course they will though. It will probably ship with a glitch that causes everyone who plays it to be sprayed in the face with anthrax.

... meh, we're 'Alien' fans. We've had worse.

I have Colonial Marines, but only because I wanted the bad-ass statue that came with the Special Edition. I still haven't played it... and probably won't for quite some time, considering how many other things I've got to do. Like wash my sheets. And watch paint dry.

@Darth Marsden - So you've stopped uploading your videos to YouTube completely I guess? I went to check your channel and there's nothing remotely new there. I wouldn't blame you of course, YouTube being the way it is but it's the only way I can watch your vids (DailyMotion doesn't work for me, at least not at an acceptable framerate). *sadface*

For you, St_Eddie, I shall try uploading them to YouTube.

...just don't be surprised if I pop back and say I've had to take them down again because they got flagged the second they went live.

For the record, I've not really done anything since Christmas - unless you count finishing that review of An Unearthly Child some 5 months late. Eh, it's a show about time travel, I'm sure there was a rip in the space-time continuum or something.

For you, St_Eddie, I shall try uploading them to YouTube.

...just don't be surprised if I pop back and say I've had to take them down again because they got flagged the second they went live.

For the record, I've not really done anything since Christmas - unless you count finishing that review of An Unearthly Child some 5 months late. Eh, it's a show about time travel, I'm sure there was a rip in the space-time continuum or something.

Aw, thanks. Any 'new Marsden' is 'good Marsden'. I still haven't seen 'The Top 8 Things That Happen to Have Christmas in Them' yet.

You mean you haven't heard me say nice things about Christmas yet? The holiday LITERALLY named after me?

...this injustice shall not stand! Hear me, YouTube! YOU SHALL NOT BLOCK THESE VIDEOh, there goes the Doctor Who one.

You mean you haven't heard me say nice things about Christmas yet? The holiday LITERALLY named after me?

So, you're not named after the holiday? Are you saying that you predate Christmas? Are you saying that you're Jesus? Or perhaps the reincarnation of Jesus; John Lennon, reincarnated as Chris Marsden? A re-re-reincarnation?

We're through the looking glass here, people...

I am so powerful I bend the laws of time and space themselves to revolve around me. Woo.

Also, all my more recent videos are now on teh YouTubes. Only my video on Voyage of the Damned got smacked with a copyright claim which meant I had to take it down, which is (relatively) nice - I thought most of the things would be hit with something.

Feel free to enjoy them at your leisure.

Hello there Davies :)

NoName, I know how you can do TMM 3. The survivors of TMM 2 adopt a dog and begin to go on a whole bunch of detective world traveling cases and add 80% more comedy and wise cracks and 15% catch phrases! With maybe 5% Mystery...

Hmm.... do go on.

Did Telltale release TWAU Episode 3 early for those with Telltale's own version of the game, thus making people with the Steam version wait longer?

As in "if you have the Telltale store version, the episode's live RIGHT NOW"?

...what the hell happened? Did someone shoot them with a dose of common f**king sense?

...what the hell happened? Did someone shoot them with a dose of common f**king sense?

It's strange this happened if you look at the release of the other episodes. But not if you remember the release of episodes in their older series.

Telltale doesn't want to remember, though.

Ideally a game gets released for all (at least similar) platforms at the same time. If you can't do this due to limited resources, delays which are out of your control, ... then it's the best to serve your core audience first and add the others step by step (excluding possible exclusive deals in the background right now). Somehow i doubt that the core audience is still on the TTG site/store (it's wasn't the cheapest option anymore, it wasn't the fastest one anymore, you can't order stuff the way you were used to order anymore and they did a great job on destroying the forum). On the other side it should be easy to release stuff on your own store, well, in case it doesn't suck.

It's strange this happened if you look at the release of the other episodes. But not if you remember the release of episodes in their older series.

Yeah, but half the time they had critical issues and they tried to fix them as the day went on. We were basically testers.

Let's Play 'Flight of the Amazon Queen' - Back From the Dead

I'm not sure how many of you remember a humorous picture and text based Let's Play which I ran over at the TellTale forums quite some time ago (it was for 'Flight of the Amazon Queen') but basically ImageShack ate up a load of the images from it and the end result was the it was basically lost to the annuals of time (and left unfinished).

Anyway, I've just been clearing out my Dad's old Mac and I've come across a treasure trove of files from the last 5 years... including backups of all of the final scripts (parts 1-7) and well over three quarters of the images (including parts 5-7 in their entirety) of my Let's Play. This is rather good news (for me at least), as all I have to do now is recapture a relatively small number of images for parts 1-4 (some of which are still on ImageShack) and I can start to rebuild (and finish) my Let's Play!

Not finishing the Let's Play is something that's been bugging me every since it fell apart. It was by far my favorite creative endeavor (in terms of quality) and judging by the responses I received to it, it was my most well appreciated project as well. I had never given up hope of restarting and finishing the Let's Play but it was a mammoth proposition that was frankly overwhelming. However, with these recovered files, it's a much more palatable prospect now.

In order to safeguard the Let's Play and protect it from been wiped from the Internet again, I had been thinking of compiling it in an offline software for download. Now that this is actually looking like it's going to happen, I'm thinking of using 'AGS' ('Adventure Game Studio'); a rather unorthodox method of compiling a Let's Play to be sure but one which would work rather well I feel. By utilizing 'AGS', it would mean that readers would have to use a PC to view it - no Mac or mobile devices I'm afraid. However, it would mean that I could add interactive enhancements (an interactive Let's Play; how cool is that?!), along with the enhancements to the script that I was planning on anyway (isn't it always the case that you see room for improvement when looking back on your creations some time later?), don't worry though; I'm not gonna go all 'George Lucas' on it by adding in a load of badly done CGI and have Joe King screaming "Nnnnnoooooooooooooo" (well, not unless it was a parody).

Sorry to rabble on but damn, I'm excited!

I've got my plate very full at the moment, so this still isn't imminent but I'm definitely thinking it should be released (as a completed Let's Play - all at once - in a single download) at some point next year (as opposed to the previous time frame of 'maybe in the next few years... possibly).

Ah, good times (for me at least).

Anywho, I'm scooting back off home again tomorrow morning (early start), so until we meet again (Easter); farewell, my friends.

I loved that Let's Play! I would be very interested in seeing how it would work with AGS. Also, AGS was actually open sourced a couple of years ago and there are now ports for both Mac and Linux (and possibly mobile devices), so it's not such a bad choice.

It was good having you here again. Looking forward to next time. Take care!

There's a chance we'll get more of your Let's Play? Oh praise Jesus!

Seriously, your Let's Play was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and it there's even a remote chance of us getting more, I'm all for it.

It's been a long time, Telltale community!

I pretty much stopped visiting the site after the update, but I had no idea everyone had migrated here until recently. I decided to retire the old handle (The Gentleman) and stick with my new one. I look forward to talking with you lot again. (Granted, I never posted a huge amount on the Telltale forums, but I was around, I guess).

It's good to be back.