Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Its probably because since you started it, was before TWD was blown out of the water and suddenly being called one of the best things made. Then between that is the forums becoming worse, everyone leaving, a lot of people being split up while some ended up here, others like Strongbrush have not ended up here. Then on top of that was probably the feeling that TTG couldn't care less about old fans anymore.

I wonder who else of the regulars are still missing after the TTG forums went to shit, with everyone that left instantly and the ones that have come since. Besides Strongbrush there's Gibbeynator who used to do the GOG deals. There's DAISHI of course, but he doesn't have much love for Double Fine and will probably never come here.

If DF goes rogue (unlikely), are there any other forums we'd migrate to?

Possibly Campo Santo when they get a forum...

Yeah, that sounds like a good candidate. Otherwise there's SpaceQuest.Net where one or more of the ex TTG forumites migrated to and some more of those who originally left for Replay Games migrated to after Paul Trowe shat all over the place.

If DF goes rogue (unlikely), are there any other forums we'd migrate to?

Possibly Campo Santo when they get a forum...

Maybe Jake had enough of that stuff for a lifetime. ;)

I never actually read any of the TMM chapters when they first came out but have started to do so now. Two chapters down, will read more tomorrow.

Its probably because since you started it, was before TWD was blown out of the water and suddenly being called one of the best things made. Then between that is the forums becoming worse, everyone leaving, a lot of people being split up while some ended up here, others like Strongbrush have not ended up here. Then on top of that was probably the feeling that TTG couldn't care less about old fans anymore.

As for TMM 3 I can't wait to see the wacky adventures of the gang as they travel the world figuring out who done it. Now we just need to figure out the animal sidekick who says about 90% of catchphrases.

So here's the basic premise for TMM 2:

Fawful goes on vacation in the Caribbean aboard a luxury cruise ship to cope with severe writer's block as a result of the Daishi incident. While aboard, a government agent is found dead in his cabin's bathtub, and Fawful understands that more people will die before the ship reaches it's destination. As for TMM 3, I might set at a ski resort with a bloody history or maybe Egypt. I'm still trying to figure it out, but a brutal multiple murder in a public place will be involved.

I also had a very good idea for a forth and final entry, if I decide not to end with 3, but I'm keeping that to myself.

I've been only lurking for a while because I didn't know what to say to add to the current convo.

But I wanted to say something, so here's this.

DAISHI and Gibbynator still are around at the Telltale forums (both having posted there recently, on April 22nd and April 17th respectively), and are a few of the old crowd that have stuck around the forums after the changeover.

DAISHI and Gibbynator still are around at the Telltale forums (both having posted there recently, on April 22nd and April 17th respectively), and are a few of the old crowd that have stuck around the forums after the changeover.
I really don't know why they're still there. I mean I'm only there these days because of that blood contract I signed with Telltale that I'm not allowed to discus-

...oops.

I really don't know why they're still there. I mean I'm only there these days because of that blood contract I signed with Telltale that I'm not allowed to discus-

...oops.

So how many dead babies to eat do you have to send them each year?

I... No, I've said too much already. I can't reveall any more!

...oops.

So that's why Marsden's here! To kidnap the two headed baby supreme and serve it up to Telltale with a side of fries.

You sneaky bastard!

...oops.

So that's why Marsden's here! To kidnap the two headed baby supreme and serve it up to Telltale with a side of [del]fries[/del] kittens.

You sneaky bastard!

Fixed.

TMM 3 would basically revolve around a conspiracy and would be set during the Cuban missile crisis.

TMM 3 would basically revolve around a conspiracy and would be set during the Cuban missile crisis.

I'm laughing already. Sounds hilarious!

I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic, funny, serious anymore.

I'd read it.

So I haven't looked at this place once since my last post in January. I just skimmed like 40 pages of this thread. After reading the last few pages, no wonder I've been thinking about you guys lately. I know this is about a week old, but I can't resist chiming in.

If it weren't for the fact that I AM a mod, I'd have left when the site changed, much like everyone else. But I kinda feel like I owe it to Telltale to keep going with this, to help try and keep order in the place - especially since there are so few other mods. It's just a shame that Telltale seem hell-bent on making our jobs so much harder than it should be.
He's a mod, I guess he feels sorry for the other mods. But is it worth it in the end?

Substitute pity with loyalty and you're on to something here. Yet eventually, mods mod for the community as part of the community. It's a community service and nothing else. No infunctional forum and no lost connection to the game mechanics of the company kills the enthusiasm if your bond to the community is strong. But if the connection to the community ceases to exist... your wish to mod the forums does too. Eventually, that might end my reign as well.

As a mod who actually did leave during the fallout, this is EXACTLY what happened. Sure, I was jilted that our input and criticisms about the site had been totally ignored, and yes, I was incredibly frustrated with how nothing worked, but if the community I cared about had still been there, I likely would've stuck around and endured it.

But my loyalty to the company was shot (which might have something to do with Kevin Bruner lying to my face at PAX) and the people I cared about on the forums had left and had been supplanted by a group I no longer recognized, so the only reason I would've had left for staying was the rest of the mod team, and as much as it killed me to leave you guys in the lurch like that, it just wasn't worth the stress of staying when the community I cared about wasn't even there anymore. How the rest of you managed to maintain enough of a connection to the community to stick around, I have no idea.

And WOW was it ever weird to write up a forum post after so long. I haven't left you guys for another forum. I just left forums entirely after the Telltale clusterf**k.

I guess I should go back TTG has no choice now but to make me a mod!

Given the pool they have to choose from these days, you might be one of their better candidates.