Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Oh, thank goodness. They finally disabled the ability to post images in new posts after today's troll attack.

DjNDB is still a moderator there too (and is the longest serving moderator among those who are still on the Telltale mod team, I believe).

Glad to see phase 4 of my plan is complete...

MUAHAHAHAHAA!

So you want to take over the world by becoming the most powerful mod ever?

That's phase 9. There's another 6 phases after that. And a lemon.

Hey guys. I posted in this thread (once) long ago, but that was way back when the new site first came out. As I said in my first post, I mostly lurked on the Telltale forums (even though I've been a fan of theirs since around 2008). Since I lurked and wasn't too much of an active participant like you guys were, I never really stuck around here much after my first post.

However, a lot has changed since then - namely, I became a Mod in December. I've noticed I've been brought up a few times and figured - what the heck - I may as well join in. That, and I want a place to (indirectly) vent about what went down today.

Telltale just got hit by another p0rn attack.

Be grateful that was all you saw. Not going to divulge too many details (both for my sanity and also because I don't want to make a scene out of it), but much worse stuff was posted than just p0rn. Consider yourself lucky you jumped ship.

A lot of new people rushed in, a lot of old people rushed out, and it's difficult to connect to the new crowd. Sincerely, utterly, difficult. I guess these guys wouldn't even recognise when some mod hasn't been around for two months.

Speaking of that thread (and what went down today), I looked in there today and saw that they actually apologized for what they said. I'm not entirely defending them, as what they said was still rude, but nevertheless I thought it was interesting.

I actually skim that forum sometimes for laughs and giggles anyways, so guess I'm not the only mod to do so.

Be grateful that was all you saw. Not going to divulge too many details (both for my sanity and also because I don't want to make a scene out of it), but much worse stuff was posted than just p0rn. Consider yourself lucky you jumped ship.
I never actually saw anything (for which I'm eternally grateful) - just read about it in the mod section. Glad I missed it.

Glad you're here. Maybe I can subtly convince you and Jenni to leave as well, and then we'll let Telltale sink without a trace. That'll learn 'em. Or something. I dunno. I'm rambling now. Need to stop.

I never actually saw anything (for which I'm eternally grateful) - just read about it in the mod section. Glad I missed it.

Glad you're here. Maybe I can subtly convince you and Jenni to leave as well, and then we'll let Telltale sink without a trace. That'll learn 'em. Or something. I dunno. I'm rambling now. Need to stop.

The trolls stepped up their game and moved on to gore/animal cruelty. It was awful to delete that heart wrenching stuff over four accounts.

Again, be *very* glad you jumped ship.

It was bad enough to where pictures/videos/links are now disabled.

I was a mod in a Facebook group I'm in for a few months, but ended up leaving while I was having a minor breakdown. A few weeks after I left, some guy started 4 or 5 threads in the same day about why there should be rape in video games. I was really glad I wasn't a mod anymore.

I was around for what I believe was the very first p0rn attack. It wasn't pleasant. I can only imagine how awful the animal stuff must have been for you, Sniper. My sympathies to you and Jenni.

Maybe I can subtly convince you and Jenni to leave as well, and then we'll let Telltale sink without a trace.

You'd really only be hurting their community manager. :P

Maybe I can subtly convince you and Jenni to leave as well, and then we'll let Telltale sink without a trace.

You'd really only be hurting their community manager. :P

Hey there.

Are you planning to hang around? Please say yes.

I know you can't talk openly about certain topics, so I hope you stick around to talk about other stuff.

Aw, thanks Chyron. I'll likely pop in from time to time. Looking forward to the second part of Broken Age!

So the suggestions thread on TTG has ended up in a whole new debate between me and another used (and Blind Sniper) To put it simply, He's saying mods should handle spoilers from games that has been out for months and then I defended them. Then it went into how mods owe the forum or something like that. I said that It's common sense not to go to a forum about a game that you have not played and you don't want spoiled.

I was wondering What's everyone elses opinion?

So the suggestions thread on TTG has ended up in a whole new debate between me and another used (and Blind Sniper) To put it simply, He's saying mods should handle spoilers from games that has been out for months and then I defended them. Then it went into how mods owe the forum or something like that. I said that It's common sense not to go to a forum about a game that you have not played and you don't want spoiled.

I was wondering What's everyone elses opinion?

Thanks for trying to help Ryan, but it's fine. He doesn't really budge on his view about spoilers, so it's probably for the best to leave him be.

@Blind Sniper

I'm sorry Blind but It's annoying, twice I told him how to avoid spoilers and He claims I'm not reading his posts and now he thinks you are threatening to ban him because he won't drop the damn topic.

Honestly, I think the best course of action for ye remaining TTG mods is to just permaban everyone and instantly ban every new account made on the forum. Only then can you achieve true peace.

@Blind Sniper

I'm sorry Blind but It's annoying, twice I told him how to avoid spoilers and He claims I'm not reading his posts and now he thinks you are threatening to ban him because he won't drop the damn topic.

I remember dealing with this guy. God, but he was frustrating. He simply refused to accept that there's a statute of limitations on how long things can be consider spoilers, and practically demanded that the site be tailer-made around his exact desires, which is of course impossible.

The last time I dealt with him I had to constantly state "Provide examples of what you'd classify as spoilers" and it took around a dozen posts before he finally admitted that the posts he'd had problems with had already been deleted by mods. GAH!

Sometimes you need to learn to ignore people, and this is one such person, because they absolutely will not budge from their position. Their stupid, STUPID position.

Also - hi Puzzlebox! Good to see you over here with the intelligent people. :)

The Facebook group I mentioned earlier has someone like that. Luckily he blocked me when I called him out on being a passive aggressive douchebag all the time. This was of course a while after I quit being an admin there. I still see people reacting to him in threads though and laugh. Half of his posts are passive aggressive attempts at starting fights and the other half are passive aggressive attempts to shit talk the admins for dumb reasons.

practically demanded that the site be tailer-made around his exact desires, which is of course impossible.

You've actually put an idea in my head. What if spoilers had tags based on what game they were from, and in your profile you could tick/untick which games you didn't mind seeing spoilers for? That way things would be auto unspoilered once you'd played the game, removing half the problem.

It still becomes a bit of a pain to spoiler things up, but someone else can deal with that.

Hi puzzlebox! I second chyron's statement that I hope you stick around over here. :)

I'm always tagging spoilers, even for the stuff that I spot from season one of The Walking Dead. The problem with him is that he wants us to tag them 24/7, as like Darth Marsden says he was complaining about spoilers in posts that had already been tagged when he complained about them.

He also has a tendency to think there's conspiracies against him when anyone doesn't agree with him, so it's best to ignore him and let him be in his own little world. :/

It's an idea.

Would you be willing to implement it though? 'cause that sounds like a BITCH to implement.

It's definitely a neat idea. But I like messing around with code, and even I wouldn't want to try to figure out how to implement that. ;)

Finally! They're starting to communicate with their fans more like the old days. Their head of PR, Job J Stauffer, just confirmed on twitter that episode 3 of The Walking Dead Season Two is finished but they're waiting on their partners to confirm release dates.

This is an excellent step in the right direction. Hopefully this remains the norm from now on.

How are they reacting to this over at the foru-COMMUNITY? Loads of inane "Yay! News! Woo!" posts/threads?

I ask because I refuse to go back there. I quit for a reason, dammit!

How are they reacting to this over at the foru-COMMUNITY? Loads of inane "Yay! News! Woo!" posts/threads?

I ask because I refuse to go back there. I quit for a reason, dammit!

Kinda, yeah. There was another Playing Dead video (with Greg Miller being his usual "charming" self), so people are also posting lots of Playing Dead threads that we cannot merge.

Of course, there is also lots of whining that we don't get the game this week.

On the bright side though, it does seem that Telltale is getting better at communication in other ways as well. They've been tweeting more info in general lately. There is still a ways to go, but it's definitely a step up.

Well, that's something, I suppose. It's good that they're saying more, obviously, but I still can't help it won't matter a damn to those guys on the site. They'll keep whining and moaning as always, and now you'll have to deal with instead of me.

Woo! SO glad I quit!

To be honest, I think only some of them will actually be happy about this. Most of the others. well....If they don't get what they want when they want it, I think they will just keep complaining.

Also Blind, did that guy ever take the warning about the spoilers? I'm sorta wondering if he stopped the whole debate on the Suggestions thread himself or what?