Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

Now that we actually can - you know - view flagged posts, I'm cleaning out the flag log and speed reading to approve/disapprove all 2500+ flags because what the hell why not.

Some people on the Telltale forums speculate that the post issue may be a browser problem. It's worked fine for me on Mac/Safari, but I have not tried Windows/Chrome yet.

I'm going to try it on Safari in iPad and see what happens. Hey, that seemed to work!

Whittled it down from 95 to 82 pages (each have 30)

What is a life and where can I get one

EDIT: I'll probably have to do like 10 pages a day or something. Could be worse I suppose.

I've Firefox both on my home and work computers...

...and what these flags need is a DATE STAMP.

Don't know if that's just at present, but the whole forum is incredibly slow. I wait 20 seconds until anything happens - IF anything happens at all. Will make a last attempt to post stuff, but the day is pretty much over right now.

Firefox is what I used too when it was not working (but I did manage to log in on iPad with Safari)

So Wolverine and the X-Men (comic) is about the school and new kids? and All New X-Men is about the time travley ones right? I'm up to battle of attom on the all new ones but it's hard to keep track whats what.

Episode 4 of TWAU was pretty damn good.

But... There wasn't a whole lot of actual gameplay. Still, I think the story made up for it.

I cleared my cookies and history from Firefox and I was able to log back in again. :)

Episode 4 of TWAU was pretty damn good.

But... There wasn't a whole lot of actual gameplay. Still, I think the story made up for it.

Agreed. I hope Telltale doesn't go for the visual novel route - regardless if they prioritize choices over gameplay.

Cleaning out this flag log is an Orwellian horror - not because it's unfriendly to use, but because there are so many flags as it has been neglected in its old state. I'm down to like ~650 from like ~2850 earlier, having taken several breaks.

A HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

...ah, I need a cigarette.

Then again, if you saw those mod tools you'd drool.

It isn't just the IP bans... there are some auto censorship options which we can configure pretty feely, and here the forum gives us far more authority than the vbulletin. I'm feeling very uncomfortable with those options morally - they're very basic, hence very effective - but the possibilities?

Could you censor curse words like "Kenny"?

Essentially, yes. I'd auto-censor the entire post or thread though.

So the joke would be lost on most people. ;)

Am I sensing a certain serious censorship consensus? (Say that five times in a row)

Oh goodness no! I would never...

wink wink nudge nudge

What we're doing right now... what we CAN do right now... yields a satisfaction I would have wished every moderator who has left since September.

A temporary satisfaction, granted, and a base one.

Witness Telltale Games as they continue to cash in on The Walking Dead's popularity.

With Pinball

kx8TVLfS8SM

I like Zen Pinball 2, got some good tables. That looks like it'll be fun. Also, a point to make is that Zen Studios will have made it not Telltale, they'll have just given permission and assets to do so.

It's too bad they couldn't get Stern to make a real Walking Dead pinball table. Nothing beats the real thing when it comes to pinball.

I've always hoped for a real Sam & Max pinball table. I can just imagine the toys and gadgets in that one. It could be quite fun. :)

Of all the Telltale games to make a Pinball game out of TWD really is the least fitting and most dull...

Compared to a Sam and Max one or a Homestar runner one it just seems a bit of boring theme...

I guess those just wouldn't sell as well...

Of all the Telltale games to make a Pinball game out of TWD really is the least fitting and most dull...

Compared to a Sam and Max one or a Homestar runner one it just seems a bit of boring theme...

I guess those just wouldn't sell as well...

I hate saying it...

..but THIS.

2rxxzyt.jpg

"He's Back!"

That's right, before I scuttle off back to my stink-hole of a flat, I'm back on these here forums for the next 2 weeks, to stalk little girls with creepy clown dolls. Oh, and to also post some creative writings (that's fancy, pretentious speak for "forum posts").

Some of the things that you have to look forward to, over the next couple of weeks are...

* An extensive 'King's Quest' retrospective. Yes, they're genuine classics and yes, I've only just got around to playing through them these past couple of months.

I shall be regaling you all with my tales from the land of Daventry and beyond, by way of a multi-parted thread that will make use of such technical innovations as words and pictures, that you can look at with your peepers and comprehend with your noggin (that's fancy speak for "squishy-looking-me-bobs-that-see-sexy-ladies" and "thing-what-thinks-of-sexy-ladies-and-how-they're-quite-sexy).

* An extremely crudely animated short video. Hey, I've got to make use of my sorely underused YouTube channel somehow!

* The concluding part of my 'GamesMaster' retrospective that no-one ever bothers to read.

* Lots of other smaller but equally fascinating posts. For example; detailing the contents of the varying sandwiches that I eat for lunch every day. Here's a preview; tomorrow it's Nutella and crisps.

St. Eddie's back! SWEET!

Hey, last time you were around, I got to watching you're Again, Again and Again video. It was quite eerie and sent a chill down my spine as I listened. Could you check out my horror story, and tell me what ya think? https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3180150/1/The-Birthday-Gift

I shall indeed, my good Sir. You didn't think I'd forgotten your previous request for me to do so, did you? If so, I'm almost insulted! I'm a man of my word and have the memory of an elephant, I'll have you know!

Um, yeah... I totally forgot about that, sorry :( It will be a pleasure to read your short story. I'll read it tomorrow and posts my thoughts in this thread.

Welcome back, St. Eddie. It's always a pleasure to have you here.