Double Fine Action Forums
Darth Marsden

Greetings from the Telltale Games forums!

I hope Davies migrates here.
Yes, I second this. Plus [del]sailorcuteness[/del] coolsome and [del]Pale Man[/del] Comrade Pants.
fixed.

But... I was Pale Man. :(

(He was Andrew Ryan.)

And before he was Andrew Ryan, he was iambecomedeath7. I think. Maybe.

Huh. Interesting.

I mean, it makes sense. But 16 pages since this started, wow.

Clearly you've never been to the Telltale forums if 16 pages surprises you.

Huh. Interesting.

I mean, it makes sense. But 16 pages since this started, wow.

Clearly you've never been to the Telltale forums if 16 pages surprises you.

16 pages does not surprise me, though staying on topic does.

It's just the number of people from this that has, represented by the page number.

I'm thinking we're going to be kicked out before too long.

Well, they already know our weakness! Lets hope we don't become plague carriers!

I just have to think, how many forums migrate in a giant group from one company to another. This is something that should almost be recorded in the annals of the internet.

I hope not, I've only just commandeered the Game Deals thread.

Also, loving my current user title. It feels... right.

You better stop posting then. Soon you lose the beard and ascend to godhood. Then you become Ronnie James Dio for a while, until you start sleeping with Tim Schafer.

At least that's how I remember the progression working.

You better stop posting then. Soon you lose the beard and ascend to godhood. Then you become Ronnie James Dio for a while, until you start sleeping with Tim Schafer.

Sleeping with Tim Schafer is what we all aspire to!

Also, whenever I read Tim Schafer's name I instantly picture Neil Gaiman. Odd.

They wouldn't kick out Refugees would they?

We have all the correct documentation...

Lets just hope they don't confiscate our passports...

I put my hand on Tim's body, and rubbed it up and down. The scent of ten day old Old Spice washed over my fingers. His back hairs, the back hairs that helped spawn Brutal Legend and Psychonauts, rippled underneath his patterned shirt. A single tear rolled down his cheek. Never had he felt such a connection....with the floor....which his feet were aching to start running across to get as far away as possible.

There's a sort of unofficial list of forum titles that taumel put together a short while back. As stated in the guide to decency many of the funniest titles are at the low post counts. I like the others too though.

I am a pile of kittens!

(I never thought I'd ever type that sentence) :P

* Hey, I became a pile of kittens 4 posts earlier than listed. Nice!

There's a sort of unofficial list of forum titles that taumel put together a short while back. As stated in the guide to decency many of the funniest titles are at the low post counts. I like the others too though.

I am not worthy of viewing this thread. :(

I can't be bothered looking for a recent post of mine so I'm making this one to see what my title is currently.

Lazy I know but hey.

Ah there it is.

I am not worthy of viewing this thread. :(

That thread is definitely out of place, since it should be accessible to all. So I don't think it'd hurt to quote the post showing the ranks here:

Hmm, just a quick job by browsing through a few threads, so most probably incomplete:

Administrator x

Newbie 1 10

Action Newbie 11 20

Double Action Newbie 21 30

Jr. Action Poster 31 35

Action Newbie 11 20

Double Action Newbie 21 30

Jr. Action Poster 31 35

Sr. Action Poster 36 39

Dr. Action Poster, Esq. 42 45

Straight Flush 49

Super Action Fan 51

Super Action Beard 58 63

Beard Beard Action Beard 70

The Smell of Cinnamon Rolls 71

That Kid in High School Whose Parents Were Out of Town a Lot 82

A Pile of Kittens 90

Forum Master 93

Action Forum Master 99

Total Action Forum Master 102

Psychomaster 131

Noble Psychomaster 147

Forum Commander 166

Action Forum Commander 195

Unholy Action Forum Commander 213 251

Sexy Robot 324

Five Sexy Robots 374 381

Lord of Action Posts 489

Almighty Lord of Action Posts 527 558

Royal Flush 681

Why do I post so much? 709

I Post Because I Am Awesome 728

Deity of the Forum 801

Supreme Deity of the Forum 1208 2646

Supreme Deity of the Forum's Mother 3354

King of the Forum Gods 5249

Magisterial King of the Forum Gods 7064

Como's Gold 8383

Ronnie James Dio 9852

Tim Schafer's Secret Lover 17834

Hello! Most of you probably don't remember me... probably not going to change anytime soon if that's the case.

How did they do the disappearing font thing? That's a neat trick to know.

With color tags, namely:

Hello! Most of you probably don't remember me... probably not going to change anytime soon if that's the case.

I do. Welcome to the Telltale refugee thread! :)

Huzzah! I am liked!

As do I! I always liked your pony avatar.

Brohoof.

It's funny the abandonment of the fans for the new forums actually mirrors the abandonment of the adventure games (Sam & Max, Monkey Island) for the Walking Dead. Oh well Telltale is making their money which is what they set out to do. So I'm happy for them. I think they may be confusing making a video game based on a really hot franchise right now with everybody loving everything they do though. The fact that they can't still make season 2 of walking dead while making a new sam and max game for the old fans actually mirrors what happened at LucasArts where they would pursue Star Wars games over the old franchises and loyal fanbase of DOTT/Sam & Max/Monkey Island.

It's funny the abandonment of the fans for the new forums actually mirrors the abandonment of the adventure games (Sam & Max, Monkey Island) for the Walking Dead. Oh well Telltale is making their money which is what they set out to do. So I'm happy for them. I think they may be confusing making a video game based on a really hot franchise right now with everybody loving everything they do though. The fact that they can't still make season 2 of walking dead while making a new sam and max game for the old fans actually mirrors what happened at LucasArts where they would pursue Star Wars games over the old franchises and loyal fanbase of DOTT/Sam & Max/Monkey Island.

I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. The delay of Jurassic Park screwed up their production schedule a lot. Fables was one of the big announcements they made a few years back, and that's not even out yet.

Once their schedule gets back to normal after Fables, we'll see what happens. They've already said that they have a lot of unannounced projects, and having Sam and Max in Poker Night 2 shows that they still care enough to keep the video game rights to that franchise. Because of that, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sam & Max Season Four is one of their projects in the pipeline.

I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. The delay of Jurassic Park screwed up their production schedule a lot. Fables was one of the big announcements they made a few years back, and that's not even out yet.

Once their schedule gets back to normal after Fables, we'll see what happens. They've already said that they have a lot of unannounced projects, and having Sam and Max Poker Night 2 shows that they still care enough to keep that franchise. Because of that, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sam & Max Season Four is one of their projects in the pipeline.

If you read the recent interviews with Dan Connors though he basically says they are done with making adventure games. That was basically the genesis for them setting up the company [LucasArts cancelling of Sam & Max and the response] so I find that kind of sad. I'm definitely happy for people like Jake who have stuck at it at Telltale for a long time and now have had huge success but I don't think we will ever see another adventure game style, game, from Telltale.

...How is the Walking Dead not an adventure game.

I mean, it's not a super old-school one, but it's streamlined in a very intelligent way, and it's roots are absolutely in the adventure genre.

...How is the Walking Dead not an adventure game.

I mean, it's not a super old-school one, but it's streamlined in a very intelligent way, and it's roots are absolutely in the adventure genre.

i think they're missing the puzzles. those annoying, obtuse adventure game puzzles.

If you read the recent interviews with Dan Connors though he basically says they are done with making adventure games. That was basically the genesis for them setting up the company [LucasArts cancelling of Sam & Max and the response] so I find that kind of sad. I'm definitely happy for people like Jake who have stuck at it at Telltale for a long time and now have had huge success but I don't think we will ever see another adventure game style, game, from Telltale.
They won't go for Season One or Two style, true. But Season Three showed that they don't need to do that to make a fun Sam & Max adventure game.

I do think that they'll probably make a modern Telltale style Sam & Max Season Four, which could work. Sam & Max Season Three was a big departure from the classic style too, and I think they pulled that off well. A lot of people weren't happy with the amount of inventory puzzles in Season Three, but I didn't mind them since the psychic powers compensated for them in my opinion. If they managed to do that amount of inventory puzzles (and Jake did mention that inventory puzzles are important for the Sam & Max license, and since he's their creative director now his feelings on game design have some clout), and mix it up with some kind of new game mechanic like Max's psychic powers, I'd be happy. :)