Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

I hate Age of Ultron. It's the dumbest comic I've ever read.

-Kills off Banner with no screentime except in an alternate reality where he's boring

-Peter Parker Spider-Man instead of Otto except in a side comic

-Nobody puts up a good fight except Otto Spidey

-Forgets about the plot three quarters of the way through to focus on Wolverine's time traveling adventures

-Wolverine has a hard-on for MURDER and VIOLENCE

-Invisible Woman is an idiot

-Tony Stark is a creep

-Most of the characters are unlikable and worthless

-The time travel is a gimmick to introduce a new character to the universe

-Incoherent mess of a plot

The only one of these points I contest is "Invisible Woman is an idiot"

That's hardly unique to Age of Ultron. She's always an idiot. She is in the top five dumbest comic book characters at Cracked, only slightly dumber than Thor.

Really? I wouldn't know. I've avoided The Fantastic Four outside of the first movie and the odd comic here and there that features them and that animated series.

It really bothered me because in Ultron her family was killed by him, and she was a moral compass against Wolverine, who wanted to go back in time and murder Hank Pym for creating Ultron. She went back to stop Wolverine, but at the last second, she lets him do it because he talks about her family. It was an opportunity for some depth, especially with her character, but it was wasted and she was just left to look stupid. It was thin.

What should have happened was that PETER FRIGGIN PARKER WENT BACK TO STOP HIM, BECAUSE HE WAS THERE AND CAPABLE. There may have actually been more depth to it then, as Marvel can't afford for Peter to look stupi- [remembers the rest of Age of Ultron]....oh......oh......never mind. :(

Yeah, Sue Storm is the character who routinely "forgets" that she is superpowered. Like, she'll accidentally turn invisible while crossing the street and then get pissed when someone almost runs her over. Or she'll try to turn invisible when someone's holding on to her, or when she's carrying something distinctly visible. She does this so often it ceases to be funny and you start feeling sorry for her.

I think the most memorable occasion is when someone defeats her using wet newspaper or something. They just toss it in her general direction and outline her in newspaper and then she's done.

It's a shame, really, because there's some neat things that can be done with invisibility as a power, and they did none of those things.

How close are we to making Otto's brain swapping thingy. cos I have a plan!

Elizabeth Windsor?

Yes I'm Elizabeth Windsor.

But I'm Elizabeth Windsor..

Not anymore Queen. From now on I'm Elizabeth Windsor. I have all your memories. I know everything you knew. I have your life and everything that comes with it. And you are now Sam Coolsome. With what little time you have left....

Trapped in that broken body brought about by years of your brutal beatings. And like a good magician I shall not reveal my secrets. You will die never knowing how I preformed my last and greatest trick.

I laughed so hard.

There'll be a scene where he sticks his little J in her mouth and makes her sound out Um-Um-Umbrella, then in her ear so she says Eh, Eh, Eh.

Okay, this is kinda random, but vaguely Marvel related.

Basically, I was browsing the internet and saw that James McAvoy, who plays Charles Xavier in X-Men: First Class:

1123DE494E22DB240D29A0

totally looks like young Orson Welles:

orson+welles.jpg

Please, tell me I'm not the only one that sees the similarities here.

You've either got the wrong actor's name or the wrong picture, 'cause that pic ain't of Laurence Belcher.

She probably means James McAvoy, since I agree that they do kind of look a bit alike. Almost.

Yeah, I was copying from IMDB to get the spelling right and their names are right next to each other. Accidentally highlighted the wrong one when I was copying it and didn't notice.

I just have to share possibly one of my favorite Hulk battle endings that I've come across so far:

IRsUfnU.png

She probably means James McAvoy, since I agree that they do kind of look a bit alike. Almost.

Alcoremortis is female? Fascinating. I never would have known. I find it more interesting now that you like the Hulk. Not sure why.

Non-sequitur: I have the issue way back when from when the two-hulks merged into one in Banner's mind.

I was kinda waiting to see how long it would take for anyone to notice. Little game I play on forums. One forum, I've been there almost a year and only a single person noticed. Another person, who was a girl, I let know and I think she was somewhat disappointed because she kinda stopped talking to me at all hours of the night after that.

As to why I like Hulk so much... I'm always fascinated by the monsters and moreso when the writers take the time to go into their psychology. Whedon's writing in Avengers first got me interested and then when I first read the Peter David run, I was totally hooked. I'm pretty convinced that's the only way to do a good Hulk movie now, or any good Hulk story. If you've forgotten the psychological aspect, you've lost half of the character's appeal.

Response to non-sequitur: I have that one, too. I have all of them (up until 2009... not quite caught up). Actually, that storyline goes on for quite some time. Savage Hulk's strength, with Grey Hulk's attitude and cunning, and Banner's mind fused together is an extremely amusing combination and one that I wish hadn't been essentially retconned by John Byrne's subsequent run. Most of the images I've posted here are actually from that era. The humor is priceless. Basically, Merged Hulk Banner is funnier and wittier than RDJ Tony Stark. Comic Tony Stark at this point is a cardboard cut-out who has so little sense of humor that it actually sucks the funny out of the people around him.