Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

Just now, epic said:

Agree, lets talk about MvC4.

Looks güd.

My favorite version of Captain Marvel will always be Mar-Vell, mostly because I never found a hero's end to be as human as his, a death from cancer.

3 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Sometimes what I find funny doesn't translate so well.

Context is a hard thing to get on the internet.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

Sometimes what I find funny doesn't translate so well.

There's only the one Captain Marvel for me. And I wish people would drop the pointless adherence to calling her Ms. Marvel, it's boneheaded and also, there's a new Ms. Marvel now, and she's freaking dope. I also hope Kamala is in MvC4

Kamala is the best new character Marvel's created in decades. She's the Spider-man of this new generation.

Just now, Scarecrow said:

She's totally Peter Parker in his early years, but better, because G. Willow Wilson is a better writer than Stan Lee.

Yep.

I have to say, I'm slightly obsessed. I am 100% more likely to buy a book I've never heard of/wasn't interested in if it is revealed to contain Ms. Marvel.

That's why I started buying Avengers and now Champions.

Ms. Marvel, Hulk, and Fantomex are basically the characters I follow. Everything else is largely based on writer, artist, or concept.

The first Iron Heart comic was pretty dope. I've been meaning to get Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur as well, I just have been having a really hard time deciding what to drop for it. 

Currently reading: Uncanny Avengers, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, Ms. Marvel, Totally Awesome Hulk, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Civil War II, Spider-Gwen, Uncanny X-Men, Champions, Iron Man, and Deadpool.

To be fair, Silk hasn't shown up in a Spider-Man comic since and is apparently really good in her own book (though I haven't read that one because Spider-Gwen is the best Spider Woman)

I think as of yet, Spider Man 2 is the best Spider Man movie far for two reasons. It shows how the responsibilities of being a superhero take a toll on Peter's personal life and Alfred Molina as Doctor Octopus.

I enjoyed Spider-Man 2, but it wasn't really a Spider-Man movie. Spider-Man doesn't quip once, Doc Ock does all the quipping, there's bags of gold coins in a bank for some reason, and I still don't know why Doc Ock wanted to blow up a planet that he was still on.

34 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Agreed,  and Doctor Otto Octavius should be a villain. Much as I loved Molina's performance in that movie. The whole thing with him being decent deep down and the arms influencing his actions was BS. Doc Ock is one of the most traditional, arrogantly brilliant,  mad scientists in all of pop culture, and he deserves to be written as such.

The Raimi Spider-Man films really suffered from this. They were really fun movies to watch (even 3 was entertaining) but they kinda missed the mark on the point of Spider-Man's villains. 

Spider-Man's whole deal is "with great power comes great responsibility" and he's a poor kid with no prospects handed that great power by accident. And all his villains are people who are traditionally seen as powerful in the real world: great scientists, successful businessmen, famous hunters, etc who abuse their power to do crimes. It's a bit black and white, but it's always a contrast between responsible use of power. Hell, even a D-lister like Boomerang still was a professional baseball player who threw it all away to rob banks. And the Raimi films didn't really get that. 

Edited by Alcoremortis

They were still better than the Garfield films.

Still surprised how much I liked him in Hacksaw Ridge.

Spiderman trailer should be coming up very shortly on Jimmy Kennel. Super hyped to see the MCU take on Spiderman in action!

Just saw the trailer.  The Vulture is going to be the villain while Iron Man is gonna partner up with Spider Man.

Reminds me of Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim for some reason.

That shot of him holding the parts of the boat together with the webs looked somewhat familiar, I feel like I might have seen something like it in the Raimi movies. Can't put my finger on it.

Anyway, Michael Keaton is gonna be awesome, except not only does he seem inseparable from superhero movies, but also superheroes (or in this case, super villain) that are modeled after birds.

2 hours ago, epic said:

Just saw the trailer.  The Vulture is going to be the villain while Iron Man is gonna partner up with Spider Man.

I think that's a hasty judgement. Maybe Tony Stark is the villain and Spider-Man teams up with Vulture!

I'm happy as long as they don't get all the way back to that f*cking spider bite again. :) 

So, Deadpool vs. Pinkie Pie Death Battle is next week.  It's gonna end in a draw or Pinkie is gonna win. 

1 hour ago, Bookdust said:

What makes you think that those are the only two possible outcomes.

There's a good chance that it could be a joke fight and end with the two befriending each other.  If it's a serious fight, then Pinkie Pie could beat Deadpool since she's stronger and faster.

Here's a challenge. Rank the MCU villains thus far from best to worst.

Obadiah Stane, Abomination, Whiplash, Loki, Red Skull, Aldrich Killian, Malekith, Alexander Pierce, Crossbones, Ronan the Accuser, Ultron, Yellowjacket, Baron Zemo, Kaecilius

No way is Malekith that high. Name one thing he ever said in the movie.

Kaecilius at least had some funny lines with the "Mister Doctor" stuff.

I was listing the order they came, not my actual ranking

Edited by Noname215

Oh good, because I was gonna have some other things to say about that list. XP

My list is Loki>>>>>>Zemo=Red Skull>>>>>>Stane=Ultron>>>>>the rest

Okay, if we're counting the TV Shows, then Kilgrave, Fisk, and Ward would definitely be in there somewhere.

3 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

Okay, if we're counting the TV Shows, then Kilgrave, Fisk, and Ward would definitely be in there somewhere.

I only put down the ones from the movies because if I did the Netflix shows I would also have to do Agents of Shield, but I don't watch that show.

Great trailer. However, first one still wins because Johnny Cash.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

3 hours ago, MusicallyInspired said:

Great trailer. However, fist one still wins because Johnny Cash.

Mah boy!