Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

Cautiously optimistic. Both studios mentioned have good track records, so that bodes pretty well, but there's always a worry with licensed stuff.

If you're going to advertise a big game like this, advertise it, make a cinematic or show some really early gameplay or something to give us at least a taste of what we're gonna get, not a total cheap move like this. Oh, it's Avengers, and it's Square Enix uuuuggghhh we're doing a game uuuuuugggggghhhh wait a year before we actually show you anything uuuuggggghhhh.

I wish every game could have marketing like Red Dead Redemption 2. Rockstar kept their mouths shut and didn't reveal anything until they had some in-game engine footage to show and a little dialogue to boot, we walk away excited and we actually know something, but game trailers like this only manage to piss me off.

AND ANOTHER THING! Couldn't Square Enix maybe have revealed a little bit more about Kingdom Hearts III before they decided to drop Avengers/Marvel multi game partnership news? That's a game I actually know something about and have actually seen gameplay for. This thing? Until gameplay is shown I don't give a damn.

Edited by Noname215

I've enjoyed all of the other Marvel TV series on Netflix, so I'm looking forward to it, in spite of never having heard of Iron Fist before (except from the previous trailer/teaser). Also nice to see Rosario Dawson reprise the role of Claire (I assume). I think she's appeared in all of the shows? 

So, Legion is pretty fantastic. Trippy af and I'm so excited to see where this whole crazy ride is going.

12 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

OH MY STARS THAT WAS INSANE!

I can't wait to see where this goes.

I love this show so far. So many questions...

New info about the Spider-Man game. 

Spider-Man must fight the terrifying foe Green Goblin as he contends with his usual life of being a married man with a daughter. But when the Goblin hatches a sinister plan, can Spidey save his family and himself?

45 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

Is this the Playstation exclusive that's coming out or something else I don't know about?

Yes it was announced at the last E3. 

Logan is a dismal, sad conclusion to Jackman's Wolverine while at the same time being an epic, bloodsoaked neo-western. It's like they took all their notes not just from Old Man Logan but from movies like Unforgiven and The Shootist.

Also:

Edited by Noname215

I did have one problem with the movie.

Caliban had no real personality or purpose outside of driving the tracker side of the plot

But perfect use of Johnny Cash over the credits

Nine Inch Nails' version is a mediatation on death.

Johnny Cash's version is a retrospective on life.

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who has seen it at this point.

Edited by Noname215

Iron Fist is getting fisted by the critics.  Why?

43 minutes ago, Bookdust said:

The real question is what made you think that pun was okay.

What's the problem?

Just now, Bookdust said:

It's awful, it's awful and lewd and unpleasant and it makes me cringe. It hurts my soul to read it.

Well, that's just the way it is.  Are you gonna try to answer my question on why Iron Fist got bad reviews?

Most critics are saying that the series is boring, doesn't have a particularly strong narrative and lacks a strong main character.

Which is a shame.