Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

James Gunn just confirmed he'll be back for Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and that Vol. 2 has 5 post credit scenes.

Edited by Noname215

It just looks like yet another teen angst romantic drama, with superpowers. 

Just got back from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. A few things:

1. HOWARD THE DUCK

2. Stallone reforms the OG GOTG. Stakar, Martinex T'Naga, Charlie-27, and Starhawk. Plus Miley Cyrus as Mainframe, for some weird reason.

3. You don't Hassel the Hoff.

4. Dancing Jeff Goldblum. 

5. Great villain from Kurt Russell looking like R.J. MacReady again.

6. Stan Lee chatting it up with the Watchers, and Ayesha gives birth to Adam Warlock.

I can't answer that question. My love of

Kurt Russell

makes me biased.

Edited by Noname215

I think this one is better than Loki. Better motivation and also just more evil. 

I liked that James Gunn seems to have decided to go the "more character stuff" route for a sequel instead of trying to simply out-muscle the first movie.

So Black Panther is confirmed to be DLC for Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite. 

A few things:

Tobe Maguire was too damn angsty. Garfield had a few moments as he is a great actor but fell flat on a lot of points. Tom Holland? Even though he doesn't have glasses, he IS Peter Parker. Great performance.

Zendaya is Mary Jane. If this was meant to be some big reveal, then they can reel it in because I knew they were gonna pull that one from the get-go.

Michael Keaton. The second of two times where I was actually glad that the villain didn't die at the end of the Marvel movie. And I actually thought it was cool how he refused to give up Parker to Scorpion in the end.

Speaking of Scorpion, looking forward to seeing him in the sequel, if him being in prison with Vulture was a sequel tease. I hope they at least wait a bit further down the line before they venture into more well known villain territory like Electro, Green Goblin, or Doctor Octopus. Pretty sure they teased the Sinister Six at the end anyway. 

Also liked how I could still hate Flash Thompson without him being a jock. Good character reworking.

And I grinned like an idiot when I heard the original Spider Man theme in the opening.

Edited by Noname215

@Alcoremortis

If

Scorpion

ends up not being the big bad in the next one, who would you want to see

I say either Mysterio or Kraven the Hunter

I'm really hoping for Nacho-Vaas, but I'd really go for Mysterio. That would be trippy af.

They could bring in some of those Doctor Strange visuals.

Who did you prefer from the most recent Marvel movies, Ego or Vulture

I liked them both really.

But in terms of how compelling the villain was, I'm gonna have to go with Vulture. When I got out of Spider-Man, I turned to one of my friends and I was like "if Spider-Man wasn't in this movie, we'd all be rooting for Vulture."

At least Vulture has a sense of honor, something you don't really get from a lot of comic book villains.

Also, Vulture really fit well into the sort of relationships that Spider-Man has with his villains in the comics. They're generally not truly evil people, just people who had great power that they've used irresponsibly to commit crimes. I think they pulled that off really well in this movie.

12 minutes ago, Alcoremortis said:

Also, Vulture really fit well into the sort of relationships that Spider-Man has with his villains in the comics. They're generally not truly evil people, just people who had great power that they've used irresponsibly to commit crimes. I think they pulled that off really well in this movie.

Carnage?

Just now, Noname215 said:

Carnage?

Carnage isn't a classic Spidey villain. The early villains all had the theme of being powerful people in society who acted irresponsibly to contrast with Peter, who has no power in society but uses what he does have in a responsible manner.

7Gkycdh.jpg

There's something fishy about this, but I just can't put my finger on it...

1 minute ago, Bookdust said:

Ah, but you haven't seen the follow-up article to mine: "Adrian Toomes is the most awesome, handsome, successful, intelligent, hard-working gentleman of all time and you wish you were him."

8 hours ago, Bookdust said:

Oh... Oh god I'm too tired. I just now realized the joke.

giphy.gif

So is every article on Vulture absolute garbage or just the ones about superhero movies?

hahahahaha!

I have no idea, but I thought that headline plus the site was just too perfect.