• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

How I rank the Netflix shows

Daredevil

The Punisher

Jessica Jones

Luke Cage

The Defenders

Iron Fist

Well, I haven't watched Iron Fist, Defenders, or Punisher yet, but I liked Jessica Jones as a character most (and of course, best villain) and liked the atmosphere of Luke Cage the most (I think they did a really good job of portraying why Luke thought Harlem was so worth saving). Daredevil was generally competent at everything.

The character of Lewis in Punisher is just gutwrenchingly tragic. Coming from a family where about a handful served in the military, it hurt to watch.

Also, I feel personally invested with the character of Daredevil, so it helps.

Edited by Noname215

I hadn't heard (or was only vaguely aware) of the spider-verse thing before, but it sounds cool. Reminds me of Turtles Forever (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_Forever) and World's Funnest (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_and_Batman:_World%27s_Funnest). Cool trailer too.

Good news about Jessica Jones - the first season was the only Netflix show I really liked all the way through.

Oh yeah, that Spider-verse movie looks like the best take Sony has ever done on Spider-Man.

I haven't been watching Agents of SHIELD. Can anyone tell me how the MCU version of Ghost Rider is?

Amazing.

Also, you should watch Agents of SHIELD. The first half of the first season was a little rough, but the groundwork it did has made the show possibly one of the most enjoyable comic book shows around, and I'm including Netflix ones in this.

I am a firm believer that Marvel and Netflix should invest in a horror show.

I think the Netflix shows will probably be safe from that debacle. Disney's already gonna be giving up 300 million dollars a year just to pull Disney/Pixar/Marvel movies from Netflix and start up their streaming service, and there's the pretty big chance that Netflix's massive fanbase just won't want to pay for another streaming service.

Well that other Streaming service is probably gonna be Hulu if the Fox acquistion goes through and I'm definitely not saying that Disney is gonna yank all of Netflix's Marvel shows off the air, only that I don't think they're going to be seeking to make anymore with Netflix.

Don't fix what ain't broke. As long as they have that partnership they have a piece of that Netflix money. Besides, I can't see Disney cranking out content on the same level as stuff like Stranger Things, The Get Down and Godless, Star Wars live action TV series be damned.

Just now, Noname215 said:

Don't fix what ain't broke. As long as they have that partnership they have a piece of that Netflix money. Besides, I can't see Disney cranking out content on the same level as stuff like Stranger Things, The Get Down and Godless, Star Wars live action TV series be damned.

giphy.gif

Are we talking about the same Disney here?

I'm referring to a level of content that need not necessarily be family friendly. Disney has boundaries. Netflix does not.

Edited by Noname215

1 hour ago, Noname215 said:

I'm referring to a level of content that need not necessarily be family friendly. Disney has boundaries. Netflix does not.

Oh I see. Okay I'm referring to Disney the soon to be Mega Corporation with a monopoly on all of our entertainment which owns an insane number of IP's and companies and produces more content then I can shake a stick at, the same company which owns the rights to Jessica Jones, and Daredevil and The Punisher and allowed Netflix to use those properties in the pursuit of mutually beneficial profits.

Disney the brand has a family friendly image, Disney the company just wants to make money and will produce whatever they think will make them money.

Bob Iger has confirmed that the X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Deadpool are going to be added to the MCU.

I can see the first two happening. The third one, not without compromising the character.

Edited by Noname215

Well, he's already in the X-Men universe, so unless they reboot that before adding it in, he will be part of the MCU. I think they'd have to be very careful not to compromise the character, but it would be possible. Basically follow the pattern of the first movie - 4th wall breaking, NC17 rating or whatever it was, and staying  on the periphery, only interacting with small characters like Colossus and keeping away from the arc plots.