Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

I'd love to see the enhanced Slipstream from The End come into the MCU.  He could transport himself and others across entire galaxies. That'd certainly come in handy during the Infinity War.

But the number one character I want to see come into the MCU is She-Hulk.  A Jennifer Walters Netflix (or ABC/Hulu/whatever Disney calls the Family Channel once the Marvel shows air on it) series is long overdue.

Marvel has tapped Jac Schaeffer to write the Black Widow movie

Does Black Widow have any notable arch enemies? 

Joanne Whalley has been cast as Sister Maggie in Daredevil

Jesus! Slow down Marvel! My heart can only take so much, Black Panther ain't even out yet!

This movie looks awesome though, glad to see that they're having more fun with shrinking and blowing things up. Honestly feel like out of all the Marvel characters in the MCU, Ant-Man (and now Wasp) possibly has the best powerset, just based on the kind of fun one can have dreaming up set-pieces for them.

Edited by 𝙱 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺 𝙳 𝚄 𝚂 𝚃

Wow, this looks fantastic. I really enjoyed the shrinking choreography from the first one and I'm glad they're playing into it more here. Glad that Peyton Reed is directing again.

I'll always wonder what the Wright version would have been, but at the same time Peyton Reed has not disappointed in the slightest. 

Why does the background music remind me of Grim Grinning Ghosts

Edited by Noname215

I got to see the set of Venom because they were shooting a few scenes in my neighborhood. Seeing Tom Hardy and Ruben Fleischer up close was kinda surreal.

Oh yeah. I just saw it. 

That was one hell of a movie, I'll say. Gorgeous too.

Who was everyone's favorite characters?

I mean I'll cut you some slack if it's T'Challa, because he's pretty great, but for me it's a three way tie between Nakia, Oyoke and Shuri!

I hope if they do a second Black Panther movie, they follow the comics and Shuri also becomes a Black Panther. I can't remember why she had to in the books, I just remember that it was awesome.

2 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

I hope if they do a second Black Panther movie, they follow the comics and Shuri also becomes a Black Panther. I can't remember why she had to in the books, I just remember that it was awesome.

Her Black Panther should be slightly different though, because I totally see her as the next Tony Stark in terms of genius and ability. Those gloves she built for instance.

I'm visualizing T'Challa's progression as spending so much time Avenging and not enough time kinging that Shuri has to take over. But since the

Spoiler

heart shaped flower was burned

she has to invent a super suit to replicate the Black Panther powers.

Saw it for the second time today, and it still doesn't feel like enough, it's so good. I'm obsessed! With everything about it, the cultural and political inspirations and impact, the direction, the actors, the themes of the movie, the costume design (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ruth E. Carter should get a goddamn Oscar for it!) and the MUSIC!!!

Oh yeah. If this movie doesn't get an Oscar for costume design it'll be a crime. It was just so perfect and detailed.

I'm reading through Marvel Unlimited's Iron Man comics.  I like comics, but ick - I really hate the stupid rebranding crap.  Every comic company does it - DC, Marvel, even IDW. I'm not talking about the reboots or the death of characters, or the cloning of characters, or the characters who take on the roles of other characters. That is super confusing, but it's just compounded by the weird stopping of series, then restarting, then stopping, and giving a new numbering system for everything, even if the stories continue.

That really takes the cake. They go from Invincible Iron Man, then they brand that volume 1 and start the numbering from 1 all over again, then they go to volume 2, then do it again, then to volume 3, and do it again. Then volume 4 gets really super messy, since three of those comics are War Machine comics, but they're considered part of volume 4 of Invincible Iron Man... then when they start the numbering all over again in the next volume, after 33 they jump to 500 (it's not 503, because of those three War Machine comics).  But they don't make it clean from here - they release an issue 500 and a 500.1.

And they wonder why it's hard to bring in new readers to comics. o_O

They noticed that they get a bump in readership every time they have a #1 comic, but haven't quite figured out that if you put a good story behind that #1 comic, the readership will stick around for the subsequent numbers.

I finally saw Black Panther, using the MoviePass card (which is awesome and definitely worth the $10 a month it currently costs), and I thought it was an excellent movie. My favorite character was also Shuri, and it would indeed be awesome if she became the Black Panther. In the comics, T'Challa became King of the Dead, as he reigned over Necropolis, where previous Black Panthers were buried. As ruler of Necropolis, he gained all of the strength and insight of every single Black Panther that had ever died before him. Plus, Shuri became Queen and the Black Panther of Wakanda, while T'Challa was the King and the Black Panther of Necropolis. An adaptation of that storyline would really be awesome to see in a movie.

While Venom was brought up, and since I've brought up Black Panther again, a girl named Ngozi becomes the Black Panther in the Venomverse after the Black Panther is killed. She was a competitive runner who became paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair, but when the Venom symbiote combines with her, she regains the use of her legs, gets Venom's powers, and becomes the Black Panther.

If Marvel could work out a deal with Sony to use Venom, I'd love to see Ngozi's Black Panther on the big screen.

venomized_black_panther_ngozi.png