Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

I honestly didn't read very much of the original event because it had an astounding lack of Hulk.

It's not that astounding, he wasn't even in the same galaxy at the time.

If the writers wanted him to be in the same galaxy, he would have been in the same galaxy.

I thought we got the best on screen Spider-Man from Civil War so far.

Just on the movie screen, or are we also counting all the TV shows?

Because my standard-bearer is still the 1994 cartoon.

92nHv9N.gif

I thought we got the best on screen Spider-Man from Civil War so far.

Just on the movie screen, or are we also counting all the TV shows?

Because my standard-bearer is still the 1994 cartoon.

92nHv9N.gif

Well obviously he is the best one his Captain America was Solid Snake. I just meant best movie one:P

So, since they revealed on Agents of SHIELD

how Hive was patient zero for the Kree experiments,

does that mean since

he became the Inhuman known as Hive because the Kree used their own blood to rewrite his DNA, that because Coulson was brought back from death with Kree blood, SHIELD effectively accidentally made Coulson an Inhuman as well

?

does that mean since

he became the Inhuman known as Hive because the Kree used their own blood to rewrite his DNA, that because Coulson was brought back from death with Kree blood, SHIELD effectively accidentally made Coulson an Inhuman as well

?

Remember what happened in the Season 2 finale? He had to have his arm cut off because the crystal was destroying it in exactly the same way it destroyed Tripp (who I still dearly miss), which it wouldn't do if he was a pre-Inhuman.

Therefore: Coulson ≠ Inhuman... unless

Hive gets him into that Inhumanizer device he's working on

, 'cause then all bets are off.

does that mean since

?

Remember what happened in the Season 2 finale? He had to have his arm cut off because the crystal was destroying it in exactly the same way it destroyed Tripp (who I still dearly miss), which it wouldn't do if he was a pre-Inhuman.

Well, technically, that cocoon process happens to everyone, Inhumans and humans. The only difference is that Inhumans survive coming out of the cocoon. It's possible that Coulson would have survived, but Mack didn't let it progress far enough to find out.

does that mean since

?

Well, technically, that cocoon process happens to everyone, Inhumans and humans. The only difference is that Inhumans survive coming out of the cocoon. It's possible that Coulson would have survived, but Mack didn't let it progress far enough to find out.

Really? 'cause what was happening to Coulson's arm looked like what happened to Lucy Lawless when she touched the thing at the beginning of Season 2. Y'know, before they killed her off, because Marvel are stupid.

does that mean since

?

Really? 'cause what was happening to Coulson's arm looked like what happened to Lucy Lawless when she touched the thing at the beginning of Season 2. Y'know, before they killed her off, because Marvel are stupid.

But that thing also looked like an Inhuman cocoon, just instead of it breaking apart to reveal an Inhuman, it'd break apart the person.

I think it's kinda up in the air whether or not Coulson has enough Kree DNA in him for it to work or not. But given the consequences if they're wrong, I don't see anyone testing it out any time soon.

X-Men is getting awful reviews so far. Daily Telegraph "X-Men: Apocalypse is almost as bad as Batman v Superman"...ouch!

Also there's a werid line in it where after seeing Return of the Jedi and discussing Star Wars Jean says the third in a trilogy always sucks. I get it's a (pointless) jab at Last Stand...but there in a trilogy and it did suck so...she was right? (Also you shouldn't put down Star Wars in a movie unless you can back it up with a good one).

I don't watch those movies anyhow, so it don't really matter to me.

All I know is The Wolverine was underrated.

92nHv9N.gif

You know an Arkham Style Spider-Man game with the (surviving) voice actors from the 90s cartoon would sell like hot cakes.

They actually sort of tried this with Shattered Dimensions, which has a lot of Arkham Asylum similarities and features the voice actor for Peter Parker from the 90s cartoon(as the "Noir" Spider-Man) and the voice actor of the 1980s cartoon's Spider-Man(as 2099 Spider-Man), with Neil Patrick Harris for some reason getting top billing as the "Amazing" version.

Also there's a werid line in it where after seeing Return of the Jedi and discussing Star Wars Jean says the third in a trilogy always sucks
She's saying that... while in part three of a trilogy (if we look at First Class, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse as a 'prequel' trilogy).

Meta.

I'll probably see this X-Men the same way I saw BvS: by myself to satisfy my morbid curiosity. I'd feel bad dragging friends along to a movie that got terrible reviews just because I want to see how bad it could possibly be.

Scott Mendleson of Forbes said that X-Men Apocolypse makes X3 look like X2 and compared it to Ang Lee's Hulk, so I'm really not looking forward to it like I was before. I'll check it out, but I'll wait for it to come out on DVD before I watch it (I probably won't even go to a discount cinema to watch it like I did with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, as I'll probably go with my mom and possibly her boyfriend like I did with Episode VII, and unlike that movie I doubt that we'll feel like it was worth the $15 for all of us to watch it at the cinema).

My mom does like the X-Men movies, so she'll probably want to watch it with me. Although I was planning on watching all of the previous movies in a marathon setting for this with her, as she gets lost on things if she hasn't watched previous movies recently. I really doubt we'll be doing that now though, so I might just end up watching this one by myself after all (my mom never watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine either due to the bad reviews. I did end up liking X3 and Wolverine Origins though despite the flaws (they're not that great, but they're fun enough. I kind of place them in the Caddyshack 2 category - as I find them entertaining overall, but there's definitely a lot of bad to sift through to get to the good).

I mainly just really want to see Psylocke in her perfect comics-accurate costume on the big screen and I've enjoyed James McAvoy as Xavier in the previous movies.

And I hope that they somehow get Psylocke into the next Deadpool movie and/or do an X-Force movie. I'd probably die of a heart attack if they introduced Fantomex on top of that.

I mainly just really want to see Psylocke in her perfect comics-accurate costume on the big screen and I've enjoyed James McAvoy as Xavier in the previous movies.

And I hope that they somehow get Psylocke into the next Deadpool movie and/or do an X-Force movie. I'd probably die of a heart attack if they introduced Fantomex on top of that.

Good news and bad news.

Last I heard, they were doing an X-Force movie next year, but she wasn't part of the plan.

That's saddening. That 2010 X-Force book was probably the best X-Force story ever told, what with Wolverine, Archangel, Deadpool, Fantomex, Psylocke, and EVA in it as a nutso dysfunctional team.

Disney has decided to discontinue Disney Infinity. This includes Marvel.
This would explain why, despite it being advertised as such, the Marvel Battlegrounds playset hasn't made it to the PC version of 3.0.

It's definitely a shame, but it's also something of a relief - now I won't have as many figures to spend money on. Or have to worry about where to put them.

And really, was anyone all that exited about the actual gameplay? It was never anything more than competent.

ABC axed Agent Carter.
They also passed on Most Wanted (and unrelated, but they've also declined to renew The Muppets, boo).

Guess this whole TV thing isn't working as well as Marvel would have hoped, huh?

ABC axed Agent Carter.
They also passed on Most Wanted (and unrelated, but they've also declined to renew The Muppets, boo).

Guess this whole TV thing isn't working as well as Marvel would have hoped, huh?

They will probably stick to netflix.

I hope Agents of SHIELD lasts long enough for Ward to become Taskmaster. I think it was guaranteed renewal until season 5? Which is an acceptable run for a show.

ABC axed Agent Carter.

They will probably stick to netflix.

Fans are already petitioning Netflix to bring back Agent Carter.

The other shows that got the axe were Nashville and Castle, which blows because I really like Castle.

I'm fine with Castle getting the axe - it really wouldn't have been the same without Stana Katic.

But Agent Carter on Netflix? Yeah, that could work.

Sign in to follow this