Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

What do you guys think about Wesley Snipes wanting to do another Blade movie

Provided he actually ACTS this time round, I'm cool with it.

I thought the rumour was a Netflix series though? I'm cool with either, mind, but whatever.

Provided he actually ACTS this time round

I wouldn't put money on that.

Always bet on Black.

Sooooooo............Cap's a Nazi then?

Let's hope they can weasel their way out of this one.

Yeah. A lot of people are saying Hydra is not the same as the Nazi party in our world - but it's definitely meant to imply that.

And, it's pretty messed up, considering Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, the creators of Captain America, were Jewish, and created him specifically to stand up against Hitler and the Nazi party.

I, for one, did Nazi that coming.

...I'll see myself out.

Who doesn't love a bad joke every now and then.

Yeah. A lot of people are saying Hydra is not the same as the Nazi party in our world - but it's definitely meant to imply that.

And, it's pretty messed up, considering Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, the creators of Captain America, were Jewish, and created him specifically to stand up against Hitler and the Nazi party.

... Wasn't Captain America's origin story specifically meant to parallel the Golem myth?

... Wasn't Captain America's origin story specifically meant to parallel the Golem myth?

Funny how Superman was created under the same pretenses.

Well, given this is Nick Spencer writing the story, I'm hopeful that it'll turn out to have some clever twist or be a social commentary.

I could easily see this turning out to be a commentary on how some politicians hijack beloved historical figures as a way of claiming legitimacy *coughpartyofLincolncough*.

I wish that Daredevil season 2 would have used the religious themes from season 1 a bit more.

There's that one time one of those Jewish creators drew Captain America literally saluting Hitler:

mKnZMUq.jpg

KKqsEKN.jpg

Or this moment from Captain America #234. Yes, that is his shield that he painted a Swastika on.

I think of it as an interesting way to break the character's mold. Like what Mark Millar did with Superman in Red Son.

The Punisher video game is Max Payne with a Marvel paintjob

At lest it isn't Max Payne 3.

Ay, cabron. Don't you smack talk Max Payne 3.

I tried to play Max Payne 1 and 2 a couple of times but I never managed to finish either one. They just have terrible game feel and can't hold my attention. MP3 on the other hand I've completed like 4 times, last time about a month ago. I really like that game. I'm not exactly sure why but it does have probably the best game feel of a third person shooter I've ever played.

That reminds me: Max's monologue in MP3 can be absolutely hilarious. At one point when he's in a burning building he says something like "I always liked barbecue but not so much I wanted to become some." I'm not sure what the exact quote is. I replayed that part to hear it again but I don't remember what exactly I did to make him say it. Maybe it's kind of random. There are other really great ridiculous quotes but I can't remember them.

MP 1 and 2 just gave styles of gameplay that suit themselves and their time. The gunplay of MP3 took the similar style from Red Dead Redemption.

Saw Cap: Civil War and didn't enjoy it very much. Overstuffed, with no real plot (and what it has is recycled) and the action is well-choreographed but badly directed. I think it would have worked much better as a Captain America film (this really isn't, it's Avengers 2.5) where:

Near the start of the film Rhodey dies and the December 16th 1991 reveal happens, and Iron Man becomes the villain of the film; Bucky is re-introduced as an ally earlier so we care about him and worry that he might get killed - because we know Stark and Rogers sure aren't going to; most of the other characters are cut out or only seen from the perspective of Cap

Either that or it should have committed to being an Avengers film and re-structured accordingly.

Black Panther and Spidey are okay, but add nothing; I suspect their own films will suffer for the characters being introduced in so perfunctory a manner elsewhere. Vision and Scarlet Witch's chemistry is great but is utterly irrelevant to this film.

Sign in to follow this