Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alcoremortis

The Spectacular Marvel Super-Thread

I thought Wolverine and X-23 were enemies in previous media. 

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

I really hope that the small, personal story full of violence, tragedy and a hint of hope for the future that this trailer promises is what we get from the actual movie, because I'm sold.

I hope that at the end, Logan looks down at X-23 and says "you know, X-23, we really are the last of us."

1 minute ago, Scarecrow said:

Sounds like good news, seeing it tomorrow

I just wrote a piano arrangement of the credit music. 

How can I concentrate on my NaNoWriMo when all I want to write is music? I can't translate my novel into that!

Edited by Alcoremortis

Just now, Scarecrow said:

I mean, you could write a Rock Opera, or a Hip-Hop Musical.

My poor roommates would never be able to sleep with me banging away at the piano at four in the morning.

I haven't yet seen a Marvel film (except for the X Men and Sam Raimi Spiderman films) in the cinema, and I'm not going to start with Doctor Strange (I'll probably start with Black Panther), but I admit I'm kinda annoyed how cool it looks in the TV trailers. I like mind-bendy stuff!

19 minutes ago, EMarley said:

I haven't yet seen a Marvel film (except for the X Men and Sam Raimi Spiderman films) in the cinema, and I'm not going to start with Doctor Strange (I'll probably start with Black Panther), but I admit I'm kinda annoyed how cool it looks in the TV trailers. I like mind-bendy stuff!

If you're going to get into the MCU, you need to start with Iron Man.

I'd say Doctor Strange is okay to watch with no larger universe context. It's pretty self contained.

Black Panther is probably going to be harder to jump into, though, because his story officially started in Civil War.

Ah, the placement of that first parenthetical in my post was misleading, I HAVE watched all the Marvel films, just not in the cinema, I prefer to watch them at home! That's because I live in Spain where films are dubbed in Spanish, and I prefer watching comedies in their original language, and also I've reached a point where big-budget fighting action movies both bore and exhaust me, so I wouldn't really enjoy the cinema experience of them anyway (would totally have watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Suicide Squad if they'd shown them in English, though!). But I do want to support efforts like Black Panther and Wonder Woman!

Funny thing, my mother (?!) just sent me this video, and it looks like "mind-bending" is a description Benedict Cumberbatch is also partial to:

Edited by EMarley

Whoops, totally misread that. Let me amend my opinion...

I might tentatively recommend seeing Doctor Strange in theaters even though it's a comedy, simply because the visuals are made for the big screen and had me grinning from ear to ear throughout the entire movie.

8 hours ago, Alcoremortis said:

I'd say Doctor Strange is okay to watch with no larger universe context. It's pretty self contained.

Black Panther is probably going to be harder to jump into, though, because his story officially started in Civil War.

Spoiler

But out they got the Infinity Stone and Thor thrown in there.

3 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Drax laughing at Quill is my favorite part of the trailer, and I loved every single moment of it. Every Baby Groot clip was a very close second though.

Two of the main reasons I'm looking forward to this: Dave Bautista and my man Kurt Russell.

Edited by Noname215

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

I only need one, Guardians of the Galaxy was a really great movie.

My reasons for Kurt Russell: Big Trouble In Little China, The Thing, Tombstone.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow said:

No Captain Ron?

There's only one good movie that has Kurt wearing an eyepatch.

4 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Man, you forgot about Escape from New York too?! That's two good movies where Kurt Russell wears an eyepatch. 

I was referring to Escape From New York. What did you think I meant, Escape From L.A.? With a bland psychoreligious villain, plastic surgery Bruce Campbell and transgender Pam Grier?

Are you sure you're a Kurt Russell fan?

Oh, that's it, pal. I'm calling down the Three Storms on your ass.

IMG_2077.JPG

Edited by Noname215

It was a good day for Marvel fans.  I'm predicting that Ant Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and maybe Starlord will be in the new MvC game.

Just now, Scarecrow said:

Who cares?! CAPTAIN MARVEL'S IN IT!!!!

And you can use Infinity Stones!

36 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Thom Eberhardt directed Captain Ron, I honestly don't know how a Kurt Russell fan could make that mistake.

I seriously wish I knew what you were talking about. I knew what Captain Ron was, and I wasn't a fan, which is why I said there was only one good Kurt Russell eyepatch movie.

Just now, Noname215 said:

Seems like we have come to a mutual misunderstanding. What say we drop it?

Agree, lets talk about MvC4.

Sign in to follow this