Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Marsden

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

I loved matt's final scenes. However like all Christmas specials it was ruined by the fact that I had to watch it with my family who all hate the show. Couldn't hear most of it because everyone was too busy talking and asking questions like "oh, what happened to Catherine Tate?". :(

I loved matt's final scenes. However like all Christmas specials it was ruined by the fact that I had to watch it with my family who all hate the show. Couldn't hear most of it because everyone was too busy talking and asking questions like "oh, what happened to Catherine Tate?". :(

Just tell them to shut up that's what I do.

I'm going to miss Matt he was an absolutely amazing Doctor...

He had a great start and he stayed crazy and weird all of the way through and despite a bit of a weak Season 7 he remained entertaining and everything a Doctor should be

The special wasn't as good a send off as I'd hoped but he got a lot better than ' I don't want to go'

RIP Eleventh you will not be forgotten

Just tell them to shut up that's what I do.

Yeah, I've tried that before. It usually leads to an arguement. Especially with the amount of alcohol they'd been consuming. I usually just watch it in my room, but my TV is at uni. Ah well. It just means it'll still feel new when I rewatch it.

Basically, the doctor sneezed out Capaldi.

I'm a little worried that Moffatt is going to shoe-horn another six doctors in there...

I quite liked the Christmas special, although I'm wondering how they'll officially refer to the Capaldi Doctor in the show. If they keep going by the number of doctors, they should really call him 13, since the Doctor started viewing the 9th reincarnation of himself as the Doctor again after The Day of the Doctor (the "he's not called The Doctor" explanation behind the reasoning doesn't really work anymore since both the Matt Smith incarnation and the John Hurt incarnation referred to him as The Doctor at the end of the John Hurt doctor's regeneration cycle).

They have been clear there just gonna call him 12 on all promotional things and keep Hurt as War Doctor and ignore Meta. The Doctor never calls him self like 2nd Doctor or 9th ect and ppl rarley bring up the numbering in the show so it's business as useale.

Capaldi could really be seen as 12,13 or 14 depending on how you Class John Hurt and if you count the different regenerations of David Tennant...

If you are working on regenerations alone he should be 14, if counting actors 13 and if he still classes the war Doctor as a separate entity 12...

They have been clear there just gonna call him 12 on all promotional things and keep Hurt as War Doctor and ignore Meta. The Doctor never calls him self like 2nd Doctor or 9th ect and ppl rarley bring up the numbering in the show so it's business as useale.

Like you said, other people do mention it on the show sometimes. Clara did refer to the 11th as the 11th Doctor on-screen (and the 11th said that that incarnation of himself didn't view himself as the Doctor). If they state the number of incarnations of The Doctor on-screen again with Capaldi, hopefully they'll call him the 13th doctor. I can understand not counting the meta-crisis Doctor, as I doubt even he views himself as the Doctor since he's half human, but it would seem like kind of a disservice to keep using that excuse for the Hurt Doctor on-screen, since he did refer to himself as The Doctor at the end of his regeneration cycle.

I'm personally more interested in how old the Doctor is now...

Matt Smith doctor was around 907 when he started Season 5-7 took place for around 300 years and the fairly old doctor had another 300 years added in Christmas so there must be at least another 300 years added on for him to die of old age from the fairly old state...

Matt Smith Doctor must be around half of the entire life of the Doctor by now which is quite a bit when compared to David Tennant who only lasted from around 900-907...

My theory is that in Classic Who, the Doctor counted his age in Gallifreyan years, and in New Who he used Earth years, which explains the 100-year drop in his age (McCoy celebrated his 1,000th birthday in one of the books while Eccleston claimed to be 900).

But by now he must be at LEAST 1,500, whichever you use.

I just thought he was always lying about his age. You know, take a couple hundred years off to keep that youthful aura.

Ohh with the counting of Meta and War Doctor now means with out a shadow of a doubt Meta Crisis is the Valeyard. He is a form that is between the Doctors last and final regeneration.

I was actually kinda hoping that the Meta Doctor would be the Valeyard. I've read some really cool fanfictions where he is and David Tennant can do evil so very well that it would be a shame to waste it. I think we'll have to wait for another showrunner though because Moffat won't let the Doctor (including facsimiles) do anything that is even slightly morally objectionable because of the kiddy-winks.

He's a married man, and yet he kissed multiple people in the last episode.

He's a married man, and yet he kissed multiple people in the last episode.

He's a widower now.

He was a widower from the moment he married her, technically.

daaaaamnnnn I wana know what Capaldi's Doctor is like already!!

This guy pretty much.

moffat.png

Sign in to follow this