Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Greetings from the Double Fine forums!

Chief, are you implying that Brad's dome isn't big enough to pleasure Randy Hat properly?

I'm going to post this thread now because it has both the Randy Hat train, and Scarecrow claiming he no longer finds amusement in a sexually active hat, which this post clearly proves false. If I was fox news, this flip-flop would be an hour long news story.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/3455/P0/

remember Crunchy
forget kilo

Be careful about saying their names. They might be like Candyman or something.

hey [del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del][del][/del]

Sup

remember Crunchy
forget kilo

Be careful about saying their names. They might be like Candyman or something.

Me and my friend used to walk around the mall and then corner a single mall-rat/goth at a time and all sketchylike and be like "we hear you're looking for candyman bitch" to see what they would do.

All-Hot has been trending lately actually.

Also in defense of my previous statements about the Randy hat no longer being funny. At the time I was being an incredible bore. As I was under the influence of PCP (Politically Correct Police).

I believe that's pronounced Katez. :P

I remember when Warrior was mature enough to tell everybody that he lied about his age. It was significant to me because I was Warrior's age too and one of the youngest fellas here, but I continued lying about it for the rest of the time that I felt like I was part of this community. Whenever I look at my old posts my immaturity seems painfully apparent and I feel ashamed. I never stopped browsing the off topic section, but I stopped posting because my old posts and perceived reputation here kept disturbing me and I felt like I didn't fit in and that I wasn't very liked by the people that I liked.

also I made an account called "im sorry dfaf" one time and planned to try and get hella tight with the old DFAF homies, but I was too critical of my ideas for posts and I never published anything because I wanted to be more funny and insightful and good at arguing than I actually was.

also bill one time my parents bought me a pre-paid credit card thing for christmas and I wanted to find some nefarious things to buy on the internet so I talked to you about it on the Gabbly chat client (because everyone knew you were the forum druggie) and you told me to buy some Amanita mushrooms from this one site you liked a lot and I didn't even do any research on them until after I had ordered them and then I took them and I just got uncomfortable and sweaty for 6 hours and it temporarily impaired my eyesight

i was hella embarrassed and don't think I ever mentioned it to you, but i still think you're a hella cool bro

Oh and also if any of you remember me posting real pictures of myself on here, those weren't actually pictures of me, they were pictures that I took off of my friend's older brother's friend's Facebook. He fit the profile I had set up for myself I guess L O L

Splodey, man, I always thought you were hilarious. Way better company than Warrior ever was. You shouldn't feel self conscious about your posting skills, son!

Remember that one time with those guys who were doing the thing that one time at that place?

Leroy thx homie it means the world. I'm glad you're still here. : )

also hot I stole some of your funny posts and made them into funny Facebook statuses a few different times. it paid off in likes each time I did it and it gave me mixed feelings. I'm not sure how you feel about a bunch of naive high schoolers digging your sense of humor.

Whenever I look at my old posts my immaturity seems painfully apparent and I feel ashamed. I never stopped browsing the off topic section, but I stopped posting because my old posts and perceived reputation here kept disturbing me and I felt like I didn't fit in and that I wasn't very liked by the people that I liked.

When I was in high school, I met some guys that for some reason liked me and started inviting me out to play D&D with them. They only played on the weekends, and they drove out to the middle of nowhere, way out of town, to this tiny little farmhouse, and then they descend into its musty, probably plague-ridden basement. They had two unhinged doors down their propped up on saw horses, which served as the official giant D&D table. We'd order a pizza, drink a sh*tload of Mountain Dew, and alternate between playing D&D and SNES (Turtles In Time, b*tches). Another kid in our grade (but the oldest of us all) who went to a completely different school had a dad who lived alone in the farmhouse, and he would go out there to visit his dad every other weekend, which is when he would invite us out. This kid was literally then (and still kind of is now) one of the coolest, funniest, smartest people I have/had ever met.

I had a mini-casette recorder back in those days that I carried around with me like Norm McDonald in Dirty Work. I would pull it out sometimes to make a quick "note to self" as reference to that movie. But whenever I went out there to play D&D, so many funny conversations were happening, and it felt so good to belong to a group, that I would often turn it on and just let it record for as long as the tape would roll. Then I'd flip it over and record again.

Then, when the weekend was over, I'd lie in my bed and play it back, enjoying how cool my friends were and feeling good that they accepted me as one of them.

BUT.

As I grew older and still had those tapes (I even still have them now!), and would listen to them to reminisce about the good old times playing D&D, the more I started to hate the version of me I heard on the tape. I don't know why my friends didn't hate me or why they didn't stop inviting me along. I was so bad.

The more I matured, the more my social skills improved, the more my sense of humor developed... I would listen to those tapes and marvel at how ALREADY cool my friends were at such a young age. They were BORN cool. But whenever MY voice popped up on the recording, I started hitting fast forward. The version of me at that age might be the most annoying person I have ever heard. My jokes were not only not funny, they were annoying. Everything I said was annoying. The whole time, my friends were just being natural and were naturally cool, but I liked them so much and wanted to remain part of them so much that I tried WAY TOO HARD to be as cool as them, and it was painfully obvious. They MUST have noticed. I don't know how they couldn't have.

And I hated listening to it, and still do. It makes me wonder why they ever liked me in the first place, because I was obviously not as funny or smart or cool as them at the start. We were all 15 and 16, but they were more like 18 and I was more like 6. I'm glad they did like me for some reason, though, because they rubbed off on me in a good way and now I'm a lot better. They improved me significantly just by letting me be around them. If not for them.... man... I'd be A LOT worse off. A lot worse.

I guess what I'm saying is, hey I know how that feels. Probably happens to everyone beyond a certain threshold of maturity.

Yeah, very familiar. I already know that it's pretty ordinary for one to be bothered by the personality of one's past self, but thanks for sharing that. It's always enjoyable to relate. You tell a pretty neat stroy. And ye, I guess it's better to be able to prove to yourself that you're growing as a person than to not be able to.

It's definitely weird looking back at your posts from when you were a teenager. There's some posts of mine at another forum from that time period, and it's like a totally different person wrote them. Heck, my posts from when I was in my early to mid 20's still are so different from how I post now.

I wonder if I'll look back at my posts I'm making now when I'm in my late thiries to forties and think the same thing.

Sign in to follow this