Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

Here, I'll make it.

The last thing I bought was a new pencil, because I couldn't find my sharpener on the school Aquarium excursion and walked into a newsagent to buy one, only to find that the sharpeners were 20c more expensive than just a NEW pencil! #imsocheap

This thread is a TTG forums classic.

The last things I bought were a bunch of groceries for the weekend.

A sandwich from Quizno's. It was the baja chicken. It was pretty good.

Here, I'll make it.
Much obliged!

I always enjoyed this thread at TTG, because what someone buys can tell you a lot about them. So if someone were to buy a bunch of wrestling figures, then... well, that person'd be coolsome.

But you get the idea.

Anyway, as I said elsewhere, the last things I bought were...

468px-Screen_Shot_2013-08-28_at_12.58.27_PM.png

and

wii_u3.jpg

I would have gone with the Wind Waker bundle, but that didn't include the awesome statue of Ganandorf... and Wind Waker was a digital download rather than an actual disc. I've nothing against digital stuff - see the number of games I own on Steam for proof of that - but when it comes to consoles, I still prefer discs to digital.

So while the bundle was £10 cheaper, I splashed out a bit more for a pre-owned console and the Deluxe edition of WW so I could get a disc and the statue.

I REGRET NOTHING.

It was an impulse buy. I'm slightly regretting paying so much for it, but I was going to get one eventually, and I can actually sort-of afford one now, so whatever. It's done, I don't have to worry about it, boom.

Now I just have to see what games there are for i-

...oh.

...oh dear.

i don't regret buying a wii u because i know by the end of it there will be a nice set of nintendo games and a handful of good third party games that make it worth it. if you want a good game right now i would recommend ZombiU or Pikmin 3.

Wonderful 101 will be worth twice the price for a Wii U. And then Bayonetta 2 is coming out next year.

You can get so many great games for it. Great games you already played on PC in the last 3 years!

And on the PC they were better.

you can get nintendo games on your pc

wow i didn't know that really

wow

I'd regret buying a Wii U, but that's just me.

Right now I would too.

I'll be in a different mindset whenever that SMT/Fire Emblem game hits though :(

you can get nintendo games on your pc

Yes. You actually can. But that was not what I meant.

yeah i know what you meant. nobody with any sense buys a wii u to play a shitty port of arkham city or mass effect 3 though. they buy it to play nintendo-made games, and as far as i know you can't emulate wii u games on your pc quite yet.

yeah i know what you meant. nobody with any sense buys a wii u to play a shitty port of arkham city or mass effect 3 though. they buy it to play nintendo-made games, and as far as i know you can't emulate wii u games on your pc quite yet.

I think Wind Waker is easy enough to emulate.

Wow Wonderful 101 looks obnoxious.

Well I turned that trailer off quicly. The actual game looks fine. It's a strange Pikmin 4. So it's actually good.

How did you guys not like that? It's like Veiwtiful Joe but more of it. And Viewtiful Joe is awesome! Also the game doesn't play like Pikmin at all. It's actually a straight up character action game, which makes sense since it's made by the guy that pretty much created the genre.

I think Wind Waker is easy enough to emulate.

But it's not the HD version. And it WILL be hard to get back to the original once you played the HD remake.

I'm not sure $300 is a good price to pay for a graphical facelift of a 10 year-old game that has a style which ages well anyway.

That does NOT remind me even SLIGHTLY of Viewtiful Joe.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/viewtifuljoe6.jpg

http://myvideogamenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/wonderful101hero_616.jpg

Yeah, these characters look nothing at all alike. And it's not like both games are about super heroes, features almost the exact same animations at times, or are made by the same people either. EXCEPT ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE TRUE!

Yeah, these characters look nothing at all alike. And it's not like both games are about super heroes, features almost the exact same animations at times, or are made by the same people either. EXCEPT ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE TRUE!

Wonderful 101 is about super heroes. Viewtiful Joe is about a Tokusatsu hero. Totally different genres.

Wonderful 101 is about super heroes. Viewtiful Joe is about a Tokusatsu hero. Totally different genres.

What? How is Wondeful 101 not about Tokusatsu heroes? Did you not see how they're all color coordinated and keep striking poses exactly like Viewtiful Joe and every other Tokusatsu heroes do? The main gameplay mechanic is even them all forming together to do coordinated attacks. That's like the most Tokusatsu thing ever!

Watching it felt like they tried to make a Pikmin-style video game out of Incredibles.

I hated Incredibles.

Everything has that really ugly "plastic CG cartoon" style to it.

I totally missed the Tokusatsu-esque elements because the style, scale, powers, and jokes felt like every awful animated comic book cartoon released these days.

It's not a Pikmin style game. It's a character action game made by Hideki Kamiya. The guy who made Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. You just directly control up to 100 characters at once instead of just one.

If you don't like the art style, that's fine, but the other things you were complaining about just seemed... odd.

If it's not like Pikmin then why does everybody, including the game's own promotional materials, immediately draw comparisons to Pikmin?

Where does the game's promotional materials do that? I know journalists are doing it because it has a similar camera view and has multiple characters on the screen. It's surface appearances though. The actually gameplay is an action game. ChipCheezum did a pretty good job showing off how the game's demo plays like a character action game.

lRdRo5MxaJY