Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

Paranoid, or cautious? Who knows.

Have you checked you "what Kinect sees" function if covering it up works for every mode?

Yes. Yes I did. I cover it up with my assassins creed IV box.

*jealous*

I want a mechanical keyboard. But they just cost slightly more than I'm comfortable with spending on a keyboard.

I spent $75 and got the keyboard and this mouse:

Q58Fa5W.jpg?1

It was the first sale I could find on a mechanical keyboard with MX Blue switches, so I jumped on it.

header.jpg?t=1384787348

For 2€ (75% off) on GamersGate (activates on Steam).

This Steam community review sold it for me:

In this post-modernistic masterpiece, we follow the turbulent inner struggle of Sonic T. Hedgehog as he grapples with issues of identity, a fitting follow-up for the first game's exploration of his sexuality and search for belonging in a world he does not feel like he fits into. He is constantly besieged by a mysterious apparition known only as "The Shadow" - which, to educated players, should be immediately apparent as an overt application of Jungian psychology, as The Shadow represents the parts of Sonic that he desperately tries to not aknowledge, as well as manifesting his insecurities: where Sonic attempts to be heroic, noble, and fast, The Shadow is a cruel, villainous sort, heralding Sonic's constant inner battle against his latent nihilism and pro-capitalistic attitude, an aspect of his character that is also explored in his obsession with "Rings", the main currency of Hedgehog Earth. Worth noting is that The Shadow does not have Sonic's speed - instead opting to have his racing prowess augmented by a pair of rocket-enhanced shoes, symbolizing Sonic's constant insecurity and fear - running is all he is good at, what if he one day could not run as quickly without aid? What use would there then be for him? He literally can not see himself as anything else than someone who runs fast, and his self-esteem suffers for it. There are some Kafka-esque overtones to this subplot, punctuated by Lynchian dream sequences in which Sonic takes on the appearance of Doctor Eggman, his therapist, as he rampages through a derelict shipyard in a large robot, freeing animals from the cold clutches of other, slightly smaller robots. These scenes are often contrasted by the non-chronological vignettes wherein we play as Tail The Hedgehog; these ultimately only exist to expand upon the backstory of Sonic's relationship with Jamie Hedgehog, however, while the Doctor Eggman scenes tend to revolve around Sonic's trust issues. There is also a minor subplot concerning Knuckles The Hedgefund, and his supposedly controversial inter-racial relationship with Rogue The Boat, but this is ultimately only inserted to make the game an appropriate length (five and a half hours) and these stages were all removed in the Director's Cut.

All in all, this is a classic that you owe it to yourself to experience. I have faith that if this game had been released before Johnny "Jaws" Ebert died, he would have realized that sometimes, video games CAN be art - SEGA's creative mastermind, director Shigeru Miyamoto, has certainly proved that much with this interesting (though thematically dense) narrative.

Sounds pretty deep.

It's going to be some new glasses... because I lost my old pair.

So yeah, spending like £150 on a new pair is EXACTLY what I want to be doing this time of year.

It's going to be some new glasses... because I lost my old pair.

So yeah, spending like £150 on a new pair is EXACTLY what I want to be doing this time of year.

Get some of those fancy Deus Ex HR cyborg glasses. You'll never lose your glasses again.

Prescription sunglasses were the bulk of the cost, to be honest. The normal glasses were cheaper, but the second pair are tinted grey (and were a more expensive frame), so it all added up.

And why don't I get laser-eye surgery? Because... well, sometimes I like wearing glasses. I like having a choice in how I look.

Prescription sunglasses were the bulk of the cost, to be honest. The normal glasses were cheaper, but the second pair are tinted grey (and were a more expensive frame), so it all added up.

And why don't I get laser-eye surgery? Because... well, sometimes I like wearing glasses. I like having a choice in how I look.

You could wear glasses after the surgery. Brainy specs!

DavisonWIthGlasses.jpg

Jack Keane 2 on Steam. Already had it on GOG, but I never play anything from there.

...oh god. I really don't play anything from there.

My entire shelf... a complete waste of money...

-curls up in a corner and cries-

A geforce 770 video card. Arrived today in a box that looked like someone may have tried to get in to. I can't figure out how else the two corners could have been slit all the way down, without there being other obvious signs of crushing. Thankfully that side was full of packaging material, and the video card box itself is in good shape, just a tiny stub on one of the corners of the packaging.

A geforce 770 video card..

By far, the best card available for $300. Nice price drop on that one. It was way more than that when I got my 7950.

I just bought Futurama Volume 8.

Yess. I waited, like a spider, for the price to drop. And then I lunged!

I'm building my first computer, I wanted to make sure it would be reasonably good for a while. :D

I'm building my first computer, I wanted to make sure it would be reasonably good for a while. :D

picking out the parts is the fun part

then you have to put the cpu with all those tiny fragile pins into its socket and freak out as you push down harder on the locking bar than you're comfortable with. then you have to press the power button afterwards and quietly pray it turns on and you didn't break it. fun!

I had FUN reconnecting my motherboard the first time i had to remove it(new chasis) because on that particular motherboard the power and reset nodes were backwards from the standard position. I didn't notice when I took them off the first time and when I put it together, of course it didn't turn on and I visibly couldn't see a problem because not only were they opposite the norm, they weren't labelled! After about an hour of tinkering, I looked up my motherboard diagram.... and... mother... fucker.

Purple pants.

Now I can have lab accidents in the security that at least I'll be dressed in the event that one results in superpowers.

picking out the parts is the fun part

then you have to put the cpu with all those tiny fragile pins into its socket and freak out as you push down harder on the locking bar than you're comfortable with. then you have to press the power button afterwards and quietly pray it turns on and you didn't break it. fun!

pcpartpicker.com is your friend

i also snatched an ASUS Georce GTX 770 for less than 300 a few weeks ago. Silly me bought a GTX660 when I bought the parts for my pc back in March. will use the 660 in my parents new desktop.

any card better than GTX660 will outperform the PS4 and Xbone

Purple pants.

Now I can have lab accidents in the security that at least I'll be dressed in the event that one results in superpowers.

I'm almost afraid to tell her that Hulk and super powers aren't real...