Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

Using the £35 refunded from Argos by Paypal and an additional £30 I just ordered a 64gb Vita Memory card from Japan.

(Apparently its tax included but I'll still hold my breath! XP)

There's no avoiding it now, I have so many Vita games off all these PSN sales that not even a 32gb card will be enough.

(That and the shortage of Vita memory cards has inflated the 32gb's price to INSANE degrees that taking a punt on the 64gb card just makes sense now)

They're surprisingly enjoyable, actually. Well worth the money.

Worth noting that the one for AC3 (Forsaken) is actually written in the form of Haytham Kenway's diary, so it's not Conner's story - it's his fathers. Makes for a really interesting read.

SG001_1.jpg

Pre ordered two copies of steins; gate why? Because this is gonna be really rare so why not cover my expenses and be a dirty reseller?

I found some penguin Duct Tape in Asda today. Perfect for strapping my external HDD with my Linux partition on it to my Laptop.

PV6SyVZl.jpg

Also, I bought Fox & the Hound and Black Cauldron, as they were 2 for £8. I picked Black Cauldron over Duck Tales, a decision I regretted the moment I walked out the store. I shall have to return tomorrow....

Worth noting that the one for AC3 (Forsaken) is actually written in the form of Haytham Kenway's diary, so it's not Conner's story - it's his fathers. Makes for a really interesting read.

So it's Assassins Creed 3 retold with an interesting lead character?

Sold!

Sold!

Actually, yeah - it pretty much is.

The thing about these books is that they completely cut out the parts with Desmond and tell the stories strictly from the perspective of the character from the game. This is especially weird when Ezio gets told the message for Desmond who's supposed to be seeing it through the Animus, because Desmond has never been mentioned before, but whatever.

A couple of the books also have diaries as framing devices. The one for AC3 is, as said, from the perspective of Haytham writing in his, while the adaptation of the first game doesn't just tell Altair's story from the game, but expands upon it greatly by giving information from Altair's diary ranging from his childhood to the period after AC1 leading up to Revelations.

They're all great reads and I hope Ubisoft keeps them up - they're definitely great ways to get more information about the characters and the world they live in. I also kinda hope they do one for Liberation, since they've not done that yet. Here's hoping!

Sold!

[...]

They're all great reads and I hope Ubisoft keeps them up - they're definitely great ways to get more information about the characters and the world they live in. I also kinda hope they do one for Liberation, since they've not done that yet. Here's hoping!

There are a number of unabridged AC audiobooks on Audible. I wonder if they're good...

http://www.audible.com/series/ref=a_pd_Myster_c2__1_sa?asin=B007P8DUE8

DnqqgRA.jpg

Not the best quality replica, but it's cheap enough for me to not care about that and it comes with a chain so I can wear it around my neck.

Am I going to wear it everywhere? You bet I'm going to wear it everywhere.

-Shelter

-Knytt Underground

-Blink 'Something for Everyone' Bundle

-MASSIVE CHALICE pledge upped to $20 from my measly $1 Kickstarter pledge.

Yeah, you don't pay postage on them over at BF if you pre-order. £20 isn't bad for four audios, especially if they are as good as Dark Eyes 1 was.

Just got these the other day at costco for about $11 each, $17 for the blurays.

gerB0negb2CYVgAYhd1jFKrsDR84nL7qB5eqJ0etcxQ=w216-h162-p-no

Sold!

[...]

There are a number of unabridged AC audiobooks on Audible. I wonder if they're good...

http://www.audible.com/series/ref=a_pd_Myster_c2__1_sa?asin=B007P8DUE8

hey man, I've been listening to the audiobook version of the Assassin's Creed novel (book 3 btw) and while the story is somewhat formulaic and episodic, the guy reading it has a fantastic voice. By the way I just pirated the audiobook (I know I feel shameful... or do I?) if I like it I'll get the print version.

Bought a neato pop-up book from this huge discount booksale over the weekend, ABC3D by Marion Bataille. Here's a video that shows how the book works:

wnZr0wiG1Hg

There were only 2 left, and yeah it was a little beat up when I got it, but I think it's a very cleverly designed book