Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

Dude, that's a bargain given how long it takes for Nintendo to drop prices on it's big games.
*sigh* Yeah, I know. I'm just supposed to be saving money - I'm going to Comicon this weekend - and I go and drop £30 on something I'll not play for ages. Go me.

I picked up Guise of the Wolf as well, just to see how bad it is, along with one or two other games from the game bundle.

I would pick up Guise of the Wolf too for that reason, but... I saw TotalBiscuits research stream of that before he did his youtube clip on it, and I'm not going to pay that developer to check it out!

Not even 50 cents? (You can literally pay that little for it)

Last bought Anachronox and Urban Chaos. Golden Oldies, and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

50 cents might be worth it for an awful game. Where did you find it for that price?

Last bought Long Live The Queen on GOG. Damn, but that game is hitting the minmaxer part of my soul.

Port Royale 3 Gold. I honestly don't know why I keep buying more games when I have 120 or so in my backlog. Why are you doing this to me Steam?!

Heck, I think I have a backlog of more than 100 on at least three different places - GOG, Desura and Steam. Some overlap, but seriously years of possible game time.

My backlog is nearing 700, at last count. Really need to update that list. Maybe I can do it as one of my many "I should be working on my review right now but I keep finding other things to do instead" things.

Oh, and last bought some Root Beer, since I found a place that sells it about 10 minutes walk from where I live. Guy sees a lot of business from me!

Which reminds me, I just tried ginger beer for the first time and got hooked. Screw regular ginger ale, this stuff has a kick to it!

Just went random-sh*t-I-need shopping. Here's what I came back with:

1 ciabotta double bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's (it was delicious)

1 Mr. Coffee (my old one died last night... it was time... rest in peace you disease-infested old carafe.)

1 new leather belt

1 bottle of coffee creamer

1 copy of Mariokart 64

1 physical copy of Bioshock Infinite (no, I still haven't played it)

1 loaf of bread

My TV is on the edge of needing to be replaced, due to intermittent problems getting it to turn on/off.

I've been shopping around between LG and Samsung models, and I think I've come down to either:

a 46" Samsung;

or a 42" LG and a sound bar.

I2FcxXi.png

I currently have a 32" TV, so 42" is still almost 30% larger. And the price difference between those two perhaps would allow me to also get a reasonably priced sound bar.

On the other hand, 46" is indeed bigger. Though it is also $180 more...

Never mind smart TV features or lack of 3D. 3D is irrelevant and my PS3 has Netflix and such.

What do you guys think?

EDIT What?? I only added those two to my wishlist today, to keep track of them, and the Samsung dropped by $25??

If you really aren't bothered by the 3D or smart features, I'd say go for the cheaper one and the sound bar. The 4 inches isn't worth it.

My TV is on the edge of needing to be replaced, due to intermittent problems getting it to turn on/off.

I've been shopping around between LG and Samsung models, and I think I've come down to either:

a 46" Samsung;

or a 42" LG and a sound bar.

I2FcxXi.png

I currently have a 32" TV, so 42" is still almost 30% larger. And the price difference between those two perhaps would allow me to also get a reasonably priced sound bar.

On the other hand, 46" is indeed bigger. Though it is also $180 more...

Never mind smart TV features or lack of 3D. 3D is irrelevant and my PS3 has Netflix and such.

What do you guys think?

EDIT What?? I only added those two to my wishlist today, to keep track of them, and the Samsung dropped by $25??

At work, we have a few tv's about 5 years old. LG, Sony, Samsung. Recently they all switched to Samsung, and I have a Samsung at home. I don't use it smart functions either.

Samsung looks better imo, and is extremely user friendly. LG's are decent

Soundbar? a soundbar is great for people with no room/money for a decent AV receiver + surround sound.

Just purchased Conker's Bad Fur Day. This game is expensive these days. Never should have given away my N64 back in the day.

My brother called me yesterday and asked me if I still played my Guitar Hero games and if I would sell them all to him. The honest answer was that, no, I don't still play them. But I told him no just because I've been in that place too many times already. "I don't really play this anymore, and money's cool, so sure why not."

10 YEARS LATER

"Why the f*** did I do that?!?!"

Soundbar? a soundbar is great for people with no room/money for a decent AV receiver + surround sound.
I don't really need 5.1 surround. For one thing, my TV is in the corner of the room, so the surround output wouldn't be square anyway if I were to line it up with the TV. Second, I'm not interested in spending $1000 on a home theatre system.

But internal flatscreen speakers suck, and having proper highs and a decent subwoofer makes a lot of difference.

It's just for my living room. And I have other things I need to also save money towards.