Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

Wow. I saw complaints about this before I purchased Dark Souls II, but I wanted to see for myself in case those people were just whiners... but...

I think I'm slowly coming to agree. The character control in Dark Souls II is WAY sh|tt|er than Dark Souls 1.

Per the classic Dark Souls formula for difficulty: 20% genuine difficulty, 80% difficult because clunky as f**k.

Also, the Dark Souls II level design is super linear. In DS1 you could go explore a lot of different paths, but in DS2 so far, I'm pretty much just plodding forward, forward, forward. That's a bit of a bummer.

And yet I still like them, as much as this annoys me.

Saints Row IV is basically what the game Prototype would have been like if Prototype didn't suck so much. A lot of the superhuman abilities (especially in terms of mobility) are the same or very similar and the basic idea of some of the challenges is similar as well. SR is just designed well, and Prototype was a design mess, and it shows.

SRIV is great so far. Zooooooooooooooooom.

Unfortunately, the game never really lives up to that beginning. I really enjoyed it though and it's DLC. One of those games that gets real easy real fast. Luckily, I don't care too much about challenge and had a lot of fun with it.

Unfortunately, the game never really lives up to that beginning. I really enjoyed it though and it's DLC. One of those games that gets real easy real fast. Luckily, I don't care too much about challenge and had a lot of fun with it.

I don't care too much about the challenge either. If I want a challenge, I'll play Dark Souls. Saints Row is all about killing time and having fun. And comedy. I'm also totally in it for the comedy. And honestly, you can probably ask anyone who played the original Prototype and they'll probably tell you that they never played any of the missions or challenges (because they sucked) and just ran up the sides of buildings and curb stomped random pedestrians until they got bored. At least with SRIV, even if the superhuman powers make it kinda easy, they at least designed the game well enough that you actually get to apply those skills in a way that is useful and that works.

But with the Saints now dominating at the universe level, it makes you wonder what in the hell they could possibly do in Saints Row V. They're running out of universe for the Saints to take over, haha.

I don't care too much about the challenge either. If I want a challenge, I'll play Dark Souls. Saints Row is all about killing time and having fun. And comedy. I'm also totally in it for the comedy. And honestly, you can probably ask anyone who played the original Prototype and they'll probably tell you that they never played any of the missions or challenges (because they sucked) and just ran up the sides of buildings and curb stomped random pedestrians until they got bored. At least with SRIV, even if the superhuman powers make it kinda easy, they at least designed the game well enough that you actually get to apply those skills in a way that is useful and that works.

But with the Saints now dominating at the universe level, it makes you wonder what in the hell they could possibly do in Saints Row V. They're running out of universe for the Saints to take over, haha.

I couldn't stand Prototype. The world is brown, drab and boxy, and the protagonist isn't someone I cared at all about.

I greatly prefer (any) inFamous over Prototype.

They'll probably go back in time or something. They were throwing the idea around of starting a new group late last year. No idea if that was trolling though. You never know. I'm sure it's already rolling, regardless.

I've never been able to play infamous, since I never owned the platform it's on. I have one in the house that belongs to my roomie, but I'm not gonna buy a game for a platform that doesn't belong to me. I've heard a lot of positive remarks about those games though.

I guess time travel could be an interesting way to go. Especially if they pull a Back To The Future 2 and have the crew loop back through points in time they've already passed through, so you get to relive old moments from a new perspective, showing you that what happened back then was actually a lot more complicated and funny that it seemed at the time, etc etc.

Hey, you got 'em! Awesome.

I last got all the DLC for Typing of the Dead: Overkill. Because it was 66% off and I've had a crappy week and I need something FUN.

91IHalE1OfL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EZMPY0A/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0F0D9TW30PQKSN8R0D0S&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Wii U Just Dance Bundle

Ok, so I'll likely NEVER play Just Dance, but for £200 I get:

2 Wiimotes with motion plus built in

Wii Basic + Gamepad (I got an external HDD I can use so memory wouldn't be an issue)

Nintendo Land

Just Dance

Wii Party U

Thats crazy good value, I couldn't miss out on that chance.

I also got ZombiU for £5, which is as cheap as a kebab with all the trimmings.

I'll likely pick up the good backlog stuff like Zelda and Mario, and Wonderful 101 when they go on sale again.

(Though £30 each for most of them is very reasonable)

(Plus with these two party games I can at least get the family involved in it)

I grabbed a bunch of games during the PSN flash sale: Gex: Enter the Gecko, Crash Team Racing, Red Faction, Red Faction 2, Red Faction: Battlegrounds, Jurassic Park: The Game, Back to the Future: The Game, Tales of Monkey Island, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot 3, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2, Spyro 2: Year of the Dragon, Braid, Retro City Rampage, Gotham City Imposters, and Plants vs Zombies.

I also grabbed all of the Humongous Games that are available on Steam so far while they are on sale: Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness, Putt-Putt and Pep's Balloon-o-Rama, Putt-Putt, Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds, Spy Fox in Dry Cereal, and Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside.

Phantasy_star_portable_box.jpg

0066224890704_500X500.jpg

Both without boxes, which explains why they were cheap enough for me to actually buy them. But f**k it, I need a pick-me-up.

Phantasy_star_portable_box.jpg

0066224890704_500X500.jpg

Both without boxes, which explains why they were cheap enough for me to actually buy them. But f**k it, I need a pick-me-up.

Ah you've been collect PSP stuff for quite a while eh?

I'd be careful, they do build up you know! haha

(I just buy mine, rip 'em, and then shove them into the loft. doesn't wear out the UMD drive then)

I just traded in a bunch of old Wii games, (excluding the more collectable stuff like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pandora's Tower, and Xenoblade), and some PS3 stuff I don't really play, and got £70 odd quid worth of credit.

Then I bought from CEX:

Super Mario 3D World

Wind Waker HD

Wonderful 101

For about £20

Meaning for £225 I've got a Wii U, 7 games, and two Wii motion plus controllers.

GOOD DEAL! :D

Yeah, not bad at all. I keep thinking about trading some of my games in, but then I realize I haven't played them yet and so I CAN'T trade them in, and yet I keep buying more and... it's a vicious little cycle.

And yes, I've been building up a nice little PSP collection. I don't really tend to use the thing though - I only really tend to play games on my tablet these days. The novelty'll wear off eventually (or so I keep telling myself, anyway).

Oh, also?

6327.jpg

Finally picked this one up. Mostly because this is a genuine character:

Resident_Evil_Revelations_Rachel.jpg

She's called Rachel. Google image search her. My mind boggles as to why they thought that'd actually be a good character design - I mean really, how the hell can she even see with her hair like that? Ridiculous.

Yeah, not bad at all. I keep thinking about trading some of my games in, but then I realize I haven't played them yet and so I CAN'T trade them in, and yet I keep buying more and... it's a vicious little cycle.

And yes, I've been building up a nice little PSP collection. I don't really tend to use the thing though - I only really tend to play games on my tablet these days. The novelty'll wear off eventually (or so I keep telling myself, anyway).

Oh, also?

6327.jpg

She's called Rachel. Google image search her. My mind boggles as to why they thought that'd actually be a good character design - I mean really, how the hell can she even see with her hair like that? Ridiculous.

Well she obviously can't see. That's why she gets killed and turned into a B.O.W.

Bewbs!

Bewbs!

Yes, I think the designers thought no one would look at her face anyway. Boy, were they wrong, gentlemen that we are.

Pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 from Tesco.

Voucher Code for £5 off + 10% staff discount + £10 of club-card vouchers = £21.50

Can't grumble about that now eh? ;D

Oh, also?

6327.jpg

Japanese video game characters are famous for how rationally and sensibly they wear their hair. =P

Uh0aVYq.png

I could have bought a Samsung 46" TV, but I decided to keep the extra $200 it would cost and use it to buy a sound bar in the near future.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns/Mario-Kart-8-Bonus-Game-Promotion/Mario-Kart-8-Bonus-Game-Promotion-879238.html

You know that Mario Kart 8 I just pre-ordered?

Looks like I'm getting a free game to go with it! :D

(i'm thinking either Pikmin 3 or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but I already have ultimate on 3DS, and I'm hoping to snag a cheap LAN adapter for the Wii U so I can play it online on my 3DS anyway)

EDIT:

Bought an official LAN adapter for the Wii U. About £12 but eh, I know its an official one and it will work. Plus Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros d00ds.

And a usb card reader for £3

Going to use a 32gb MicroSD via usb on the Wii U. Can't be arsed to get a HDD for it. The online store prices are extortionate.

(I am NOT going to spend £50 on a Wii U game download I can get for £30 on retail. Just NO!)

a3984758353_2.jpg

CD pre-order.

49 minutes of purest piano and orchestral gold, I tell you. The downer is that this seems to be far from a complete soundtrack. In particular, the motif they played in one of their production trailers to exemplify the orchestral/operatic intensity of the boss battles is nowhere to be found (judging from youtube gameplay videos, it's one three headed snake's boss theme and also incorporates the choir, hence doubling the loss). I certainly don't regret the purchase though.