Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

Bought a duel deck for Magic: The Gathering. Sorin vs Tibalt. Nice way to get a bunch of decent cards without boosters.

Yeah, I loved it when I rented it. Plus it was $20 and the multiplayer crew thing carries over into GTA Online, so I figured, why not.

This is the headset I got. The sound quality is great. Haven't tested out the mike that much, but my own voice sounds decent enough to me.

I used to have the Turtlebeach X11 for X360. it broke very fast. got a tritton now.

preordered this baby: Hyperkin RetroN 5

HDMI, upscaled image

Plays NES, SNES (NTSC and PAL), Super Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and GBA

hyperkin00018.jpg

That's really cool. I didn't even know such a thing existed. How easy is it to acquire old console cartridges though? I don't suppose most of the classics have had re releases recently.

That's really cool. I didn't even know such a thing existed. How easy is it to acquire old console cartridges though? I don't suppose most of the classics have had re releases recently.

also how close are the components to the original hardware? considering the number of consoles it plays they probably just stuck a raspberry pi or something in there at which point you might as well emulate using the computer you already have.

This is the headset I got. The sound quality is great. Haven't tested out the mike that much, but my own voice sounds decent enough to me.

I used to have the Turtlebeach X11 for X360. it broke very fast. got a tritton now.

I got a two year warranty, so I'm not too worried about it. They're working pretty good so far. Really great sound quality.

also how close are the components to the original hardware? considering the number of consoles it plays they probably just stuck a raspberry pi or something in there at which point you might as well emulate using the computer you already have.

acquiring old cartridges? emulating?

I actually have cartridges. But to play them I need a CRT TV, all consoles hooked up, and space.

preordered this baby: Hyperkin RetroN 5

I'm really interested in buying one of these things, too! I'm personally waiting for a more in-depth teardown and review by a more trusted source, but overall this one is interesting to me.

How easy is it to acquire old console cartridges though?

Pretty easy! You have eBay, Amazon, retro game trading stores(including larger chains like PlayNTrade), nerd conventions, and general thrift stores. Lots of old carts hover in the $6-15 range, with moderate rarity possibly increasing the price to $50-100ish.

I don't suppose most of the classics have had re releases recently.

Of course not! There are so many classics that were either forgotten, or the rights holders don't think they're worth re-releasing, or that may be in an intellectual property rights quagmire for the rest of time.

"Just [sticking] a raspberri pi or something in there" actually is a lot better than the hardware-based strategy RetroN used to use. RetroN's consoles actually DID emulate lots of machines with hardware-based emulation, but then things like the FX chip and CIC lockout chip caused games to not function. The ARM-based software emulation actually makes more games work, and better, than trying to get the same hardware.

My computer is a bit clunky to get to my television. My computer also does not have ports for old console controllers. I have controllers for the NES, SNES, and Genesis. Getting USB converters or USB-converted classic controllers would cost more than this thing anyway!

My god... is that woman actually wearing clothes?

1371510889863.gif

Ahem.

Last bought:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBvEiN9w7auqCtPQUnqS14WgBbpIYA8c9CBNh94ZEPKmgRLc9p

Interesting how the first game I manage to snag for under a tenner turns out to be a zombie game (doubly so when you realize I'm not a fan of zombie stuff). Hey ho - I own a WiiU game now. I guess I can use the bloody thing now, woo.

Didn't yours come with NintendoLand anyway?

Couldn't you play that?

I mean, for tech demos, aren't those like kind of endearing for a couple hours or something?

Didn't yours come with NintendoLand anyway?

Couldn't you play that?

I mean, for tech demos, aren't those like kind of endearing for a couple hours or something?

My WiiU was preowned, so it came with nothing. Shoulda read the description more carefully... :(
My god... is that woman actually wearing clothes?

Is there something I'm not seeing?

I'm sorry, it's just... it's so uncommon in video games it... it took me by surprise.

Getting USB converters or USB-converted classic controllers would cost more than this thing anyway!
good point.

anyway zombiu is a good game, you'll probably have fun. only use your cricket bat when fighting one or two enemies, though. also there is a section near the end of the game with endless waves of zombies, don't blow all your resources on it and just keep running.

Im sorry, it's just... it's so uncommon in video games it... it took me by surprise.

Oh no problem. At least the demons in this universe are great. One of the more popular ones is Mara. A giant green penis.

This is the best demon/persona in the SMT universe.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080816013426/megamitensei/images/e/e3/ThothP4.jpg

Im sorry, it's just... it's so uncommon in video games it... it took me by surprise.

Oh no problem. At least the demons in this universe are great. One of the more popular ones is Mara. A giant green penis.

This is the best demon/persona in the SMT universe.

*jpeg snip*

I am continually surprised that Mara continues to not raise anyone's red flags. It's a giant penis monster. It's not even pretending to not be a penis. It is a monster that is unequivocally penis in form.

And not a peep from angry moms.

You have to know about it to raise flags. If the games were anything but niche, or on the level of GTA, sure, you'd see a fuss. But they're not, and nobody gains anything by spreading propaganda about it.

The Two Doctor's will become rare soon because of Jimmy Savill segment on it.

Don't worry if that happens, Jim'll fix it!