Double Fine Action Forums
Bidiot Bales

Last item(s) you purchased?

now i'm craving those ikea swedish meatballs that come with that sweet lingonberry jelly. god. and the lingonberry juice too. mix it with sprite or 7up or whatever and it is great. god. i am going to go to ikea tomorrow and sit on everything.

ok god i googled it. IKEA STUFF. I SHOULD HAVE GUESSED.

I love the product names. So swedishy.

I had the meatball combo on Saturday. It was delicious.

Go, sit on everything and feel your heart fill up with happiness and gravy.

Damnit. Now I'm hungry.

I went to IKEA on Saturday. I really hate going to IKEA. I always buy a Coca Cola when I'm there, because sipping one makes it easier to handle the stress. This time though, I inserted my card into the vending machine, punched in my selection and waited an eternity for it to process. Then when it finally said I the payment had been processed and I could pick up my bottle, nothing at all had happened inside the machine. No fucking coke. And then when I went to tell the manager in that area, she just said "That machine? Yeah, it's broken, we know." Then why don't you put up a fucking sign on it or something!? And the convenience store there had a long line of customers and only sold water. I really hate going to IKEA. Their products are nice enough though.

I like going to ikea. it's so big and impersonal and everything is nicely ordered. They list all their products on their web page so you can just find what you need and see how much it costs. Then you go to the store, find the item you want quickly (because it's all nicely ordered and marked), pick it up, go to the checkout where you can use the self service, pay and leave. All without ever interacting with another human being. I love it.

Then you go to the store, find the item you want quickly (because it's all nicely ordered and marked), pick it up, go to the checkout where you can use the self service, pay and leave. All without ever interacting with another human being. I love it.

If only that was always the case it wouldn't be so bad. I've only had a few trips like that. A lot of their furniture, and especially the stuff that comes in modules, aren't listed with shelves on their site. You have to go to the part of the store where it's on display and either ask a clerk for help or pick up a list of the separate pieces and figure out what you need and where to get it yourself. At least that's the way it is here. And those areas are always crowded with people so that you have to struggle to get through the areas you're just passing through as well.

Well, I haven't done very much shopping in ikea. It's still probably better than most furniture stores.

I do all my furniture shopping at IKEA. Their furniture is cheap, plain and functional. Just the way I like it. The only exceptions are a few things bought at a second hand store and a custom built wardrobe. I wish I could just order everything I wanted from IKEA online.

I did actually order stuff online from IKEA once. I had to download an Excel(!!) document from their web page, find the items I wanted among the available items, and send them an e-mail that they had to process manually. I then got an invoice by regular mail that I had to pay before they would send the order. They then managed to misplace the items, so that when I was home from work to receive them they couldn't find the stuff and didn't show up. I had to call them and ask what happened, they explained, apologized and we had to make a new appointment for delivery. That happened three(!!) times before they finally managed to get their shit together the fourth time. This was not in the mid 90s, but in 2011! Just two years ago!

Sounds like IKEA has no idea what a web store is.

Stupid, snail mailing you a pre-purchase invoice, and expecting you to mail them a check.

I've never been to IKEA. But then, I have no need to regularly shop for furniture.

Nexus 7 (2013) 32gb

£197

There is £20 of £150 spend at Tesco Direct atm, and I managed to convince my parents to get it for me as an early Christmas present, (I offered to pay them back, since i was a bit short to straight out buy it myself but my mother insisted on it. Saying I never ask for anything and I'm always helping out. Bless 'em <3)

That, plus my staff discount brought it down to a rather pleasantly affordable price.

(And my little brother shall get the old 2012 32gb model I hold in my hands currently. Which is still a pretty damn good tablet, but I really wanted that extra power and gorgeous screen! :D)

GTA V for the PS3.

While I think the game is very well crafted for the limitations of the PS3, it's reminded me that I don't really enjoy playing games on the PS3 anymore. I'll probably sell off the disc and rebuy the game when it's released on PC.

Are people making fun of swedish names now here? :(

Dålig stil, mycket dålig stil. Usch och fy för er.

:P

Are people making fun of swedish names now here? :(

Dålig stil, mycket dålig stil. Usch och fy för er.

:P

In my mind that sounded scottish.

Doctor Who taught me that dålig means bad. So all that time watching episodes hasn't been wasted!

Doctor Who taught me that dålig means bad. So all that time watching episodes hasn't been wasted!

Correct, very good. :)

@Rather Dashing

No love for DF?

A new school atlas, still not a free teaching material.

http://www.diercke.de/pix/cover_diercke_gr.jpg

When i was going to school it looked like this (with West- and East-Germany being separated, Berlin surrounded by a wall).

I enjoyed using it, travelling with your fingers through foreign countries, the Diercke was a great atlas.

http://einestages.spiegel.de/hund-images/2008/08/29/87/0f703661ea35bbd5a406564d5f79e520_image_document_large_featured_borderless.jpg

Do you have all four episodes? Because I'm super confused by what I own. According to the 'View Downloadable Content' option for the game in my Steam library, I own episodes I & II, but according to the store there's no actual DLC for the game and I KNOW I bought the season pass, so...

*sigh* I'm gonna have to download the damn thing and find out for myself, aren't I.

Nintendo_Land_box_artwork.png

Off eBay for £5.70, and I'm still stunned I got it so cheap. Then again, I wouldn't have been particularly happy to pay more than that for it (I've rented it and can safely say it's not exactly amazing) so yay me!

Anker Bluetooth Keyboard £18

Tablet case + Screen protector £10

I'm going to try using my new nexus 7 as a mini-laptop for uni.

(As much as I love laptops, carrying one around all the time had so much bulk. If I can minimise my stuff to just a light-medium load backpack it will make my life easier)

I know 7 inch screen is small, buuut Its also very high resolution (1080p) so everything looks crisp on there, and its brightness is pretty decent so in the classroom and the library it should be simple to use for note taking.

thinking about getting a external charge pack too, to make sure the tablet has enough juice on the go.

(I'm gonna have ALOT of downtime in a day! xD)

Bought a pair of shoes and trainers and insoles for about £55

(I need them for uni, as both my shoes and trainers are completely knackered!)

Then I decided to get a 1000mAH Bolse external battery pack for £25.

(It has an LED indicator for charge level so I'll know how much juice I'd need to prioritise between devices (probably my tablet will have priority though! xD))

EDIT: And I bought for £25 an adapter for my Nexus 7 (2013) thats supposed to convert the micro usb to HDMI. (Apparently doesn't work with 2012 Nexus 7, but it DOES work with a Nexus 4 phone)

So I can HDMI out my tablet if necessary.

(Thus via this and an OTG cable and a SD card reader compensates for the Nexus 7's two main, yet minor flaws: Its lack of HDMI out, and its Lack of a MicroSD card slot)